• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
Are there any 3080 Quake II RTX timedemo benchmark results? If It can get close to 60fps at 4k with high global illumination this would certainly be a killer card

Last edited:
Soldato
Except Nvidia have said you could void your warranty by using any other adapter. I know they have no way of knowing but it's clear they want you to use their one.

Once normal length ones come out the problem they have caused will be solved.

Nvidia have also said if you try to remove the cooler you void the warranty.
Went with ASUS cause they don't give a ****, you can stick an AIO on there if you want and the warranty is fine.

Soldato
I'm struggling to comprehend how the same company could design that FE card... and that power adapter. Are we being trolled?

I'm surprised they didnt see the opportunity to pull an Apple move.

Ship the card with the crap adapter, but also sell an optional PREMIUM braided long adapter for $50usd.

Money is made in the accessories, bad move by Nvidia not to offer an optional better looking adapter - because everyone and their dog is going to throw the Nvidia adapter in the trash and go buy a 3rd party cable from their favorite PSU company

Soldato
I'm surprised they didnt see the opportunity to pull an Apple move.

Ship the card with the crap adapter, but also sell an optional PREMIUM braided long adapter for $50usd.

Money is made in the accessories, bad move by Nvidia not to offer an optional better looking adapter - because everyone and their dog is going to throw the Nvidia adapter in the trash and go buy a 3rd party cable from their favorite PSU company

I actually expected a longer more "premium" cable from them as well.

Hopefully EVGA does not disappoint me.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Warning: stop the bickering or I’ll put on my leather jacket and slap someone with a 12 pin power connector.

Soldato
So Jayztwocents already has an EVGA 12 pin modular cable. Wonder if the PSU companies will start bundling these in or will they always be an add on order? I need a new PSU but now got to consider which PSUs the cable will be available for.

Soldato
Nvidia have also said if you try to remove the cooler you void the warranty.
Went with ASUS cause they don't give a ****, you can stick an AIO on there if you want and the warranty is fine.

Are we talking about the same company here? :p Pretty sure if you told them you had put an AIO on they would void the warranty. If you reassemble back to original spec without damage then not much they can complain about.

The new strix cards look great but ASUS warranty is the only reason to stop me buying. Tempting though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom