• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Yeah I'm pretty sure that an integral part of the GPU was not an afterthought. If the cooler performs them who cares if the power connector is about 5cm away from where it usually is.

It's happened before, 3dfx with rampage they ended up with a couple of capacitors in front of the power plug on some of the boards, amd with the 6970 had to shim down the pcie connectors as the heatsink was making contact with the plugs. Oversights happen no matter who's in charge.

The amount of advertising nvidia are getting from these youtubers, lost count of the amount of "unboxing's" I've seen today. Same thing for amd, it's like the marketing dept go "meh, gives these channels cards for millions of views at low cost".

Do you have to have the card in hand to SEE where the power connector is and the obvious issues with cable management it causes? Whether it can be placed better or not due to the short PCB doesn't stop it being problematic.
Problematic lol. It's about 3 inches away from usual placement of power cables. The only issue is the little adapter they have included in the box. Once you have a normal length cable from psu, any issue is totally negated.

I would not buy on that, you can use an cheap non active adaptor it is digital after all.
Yeah I understand that but was just worried about compatibility when pairing with my qled if running through an adapter.
If I can get a decent card with with 2 hdmis for reasonable price I will pick that instead of a model with only one

asus TUF and Gigabyte so far

Thanks for letting me know, I just checked and MSI also have 2.

I looked at AIO 2080Ti’s but didn’t get one in the end.

Do they typically OC more than on air? Or is it just an effort to reduce noise?

Clearly they won’t cool as well as a CLC.

Assuming the same power limit and normalized for noise level across both cards, the best air cooled 2080ti would run 100 to 150mhz slower than one on water like an 240mm/360mm AIO

Problematic lol. It's about 3 inches away from usual placement of power cables. The only issue is the little adapter they have included in the box. Once you have a normal length cable from psu, any issue is totally negated.

Except Nvidia have said you could void your warranty by using any other adapter. I know they have no way of knowing but it's clear they want you to use their one.

Once normal length ones come out the problem they have caused will be solved.

The amount of advertising nvidia are getting from these youtubers, lost count of the amount of "unboxing's" I've seen today. Same thing for amd, it's like the marketing dept go "meh, gives these channels cards for millions of views at low cost".

'tis how a load of people make money from nothing.

Same as shareholders of big companies.

Pandemic, nah, SELL

Except Nvidia have said you could void your warranty by using any other adapter. I know they have no way of knowing but it's clear they want you to use their one.

Once normal length ones come out the problem they have caused will be solved.
That's been totally overblown. You could void your warranty, meaning if you use a poorly made cable that damages the card, then Nvidia are not responsible. Warranty is to cover manufacturing defects. Apple also state on every device they sell, that using any non apple lightning cable or charger may void your warranty.

That's been totally overblown. You could void your warranty, meaning if you use a poorly made cable that damages the card, then Nvidia are not responsible. Warranty is to cover manufacturing defects. Apple also state on every device they sell, that using any non apple lightning cable or charger may void your warranty.

Yep, I said that, they would have no way of knowing anyway. It is something they have stated though which may make other manufacturers a bit wary of even making them. I never once said it's a gamechanger, but it is a problem for a lot of people it would seem.

Intel said same if you CC your CPU a few years back, a disclaimer that is all.

As do PSU vendors if you extent your cables using Mod cables (cheap poor fitting ones can add resistant so get hot).

Back
Top Bottom