• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia causes DX10.1 to be removed from Assassin's Creed?

What a surprise, 3800 series performance plummets by up to 20% now Dx10.1 has been removed. :D

http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=7355&Itemid=1

QUOTED

"It's one thing to choose not to support a feature such as DirectX 10.1 but removing it from the title that obviously scores better on competitors' cards is immature and despicable, to say the least."

Couldn't agree more. :)

Last edited:
Problem is, the patch fixes a lot of crash points in the game too.

Yeah if they want some bug fixes, then they got no choice really, either put up wih the game crashing and what not, or apply the update so you can run the game fine, but take the performance hit due to the removal of Dx10.1, Nvidia's got em by the balls on this one, or they could wait till they put Dx10.1 back into it i suppose with another update in July, when Nvidia have their cards out that can do it.

Ach well Loadsa. Hopefully someone will find a way to receive the other updates in the game without the removal of the DX10.1 feature. Where there is a will, there is a way! :).

"It's one thing to choose not to support a feature such as DirectX 10.1 but removing it from the title that obviously scores better on competitors' cards is immature and despicable, to say the least."

Well smeggin said!. Smeggin smeggers the lot of them.

Does anyone know of any other upcoming titles that are implementing DX10.1?.

Either way, they're being petty, and have just about put me totally off even considering a future NV card.

Yeah I have to agree with you there. Previously never minded switching between nVidia and ATi (I have switched back forth so many times...although I must confess its nice to back with ATi regular driver updates again!)...but that is just...just....low and petty!

Whilst I don't know if it would stop me buying the next nVidia card, (if it proves to be an absolute performance monster compared to 4870 etc) I would certainly think long and hard about it. That kind of practice just sucks and whilst I know it happens all the time in business, I don't have to like it nor support it with my cash.

Oh yeah i mean you cant offer something that nvidia couldn't be bothered to release so you have to hold everything back till nvidia deem us users worthy to have such features.

simple solution to ATI users: dont apply the patch :)

Actually you could ask for you money back. The publishers have removed something advertised originally (dx10.1) so trading standards... The removed functionality has impacted your game experience by 30% which is a more than can be classed as "minor"..

If they want to play the standards war game then they've missed one vital part - the good will of the customer.. and that goes for Ubisoft too!

The way the game should be played - screwing the gaming populous, their customers..

Now every nVidia "The way the Game is meant to be Plagued" game manufacture partner has just shot themselves in the foot to any review written after that..

Again this just shows the fear of nVidia's top management that their landscape is changing and they have no solution but milk their remaining decreasing market.. must be an interesting future at nVidia - sharing the bed with a 300lb gorilla with an attitude problem (Intel).

Actually you could ask for you money back. The publishers have removed something advertised originally (dx10.1) so trading standards... The removed functionality has impacted your game experience by 30% which is a more than can be classed as "minor"..

If they want to play the standards war game then they've missed one vital part - the good will of the customer.. and that goes for Ubisoft too!

The way the game should be played - screwing the gaming populous, their customers..

Now every nVidia "The way the Game is meant to be Plagued" game manufacture partner has just shot themselves in the foot to any review written after that..

Again this just shows the fear of nVidia's top management that their landscape is changing and they have no solution but milk their remaining decreasing market.. must be an interesting future at nVidia - sharing the bed with a 300lb gorilla with an attitude problem (Intel).

I agreed i think they are worried about intel and rightly too

i really think this is a silly and petty issue by nvidia, but it has a simple solution. If you own an ATI card, then dont apply the patch, and just wait a few months untill nvidia say its ok for DX10.1 to be used. Then apply the patch.
Im not sure what the issues with the game crashing are, but I never had one crash when I played Assassins Creed....

Just seen the GT200 specs, and they are only Dx10, so you may as well forget about Dx10.1 now. :(

You've got to be ******* joking me????????. A 3850Pro for about £88 has this?. Lol even the 256mb version is only £76 and has this feature also.

If a feature that is on a £76 card can boost performances then why, oh why have Nvidia not included this?. Is this DX10 spec 100% concrete?.

Back
Top Bottom