• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia DLSS 5 months on-a win or fail?

Soldato
Just saw the Metro comparisons for RTX as well. Same story as DLSS tbh, a waste of effort. All it appears to have done is change the direction of some shadows slightly (and some are missing entirely with RTX on). For a huge FPS cost if you don't have DLSS on to make everything blurry AF.

Soldato
Massive Fail.. Just like RTX, or should I say DXRT - still only available if you play a bug ridden, cheater infested BF5..

It. Just. Works.. Yeah right..

This generation is a big fail(AMD V7 too), even the next generation, and maybe the generation after, is going to struggle with DXRT in real time - it's just that computationally expensive. Yes you can try fudges like DLSS to try and mask the performance hit but it just turns things into a blurry mess. Normal rasterization is not dead yet no matter what Nvidia would like you to believe.

Associate
If you have a 2080 Ti that you bought for pure performance then you won't be complaining, albeit at a very high cost. But had you been banking on DLSS/RTX and/or with a lower end card then I'd be very unimpressed.

Caporegime
OP
Just saw the Metro comparisons for RTX as well. Same story as DLSS tbh, a waste of effort. All it appears to have done is change the direction of some shadows slightly (and some are missing entirely with RTX on). For a huge FPS cost if you don't have DLSS on to make everything blurry AF.

Link ?

Caporegime
AMD were lowering image quality through their drivers years ago, for free :p

Had to stop it though, as everyone was calling them cheating ********, even the press when they got onto it, was hell on :D

Soldato
AMD were lowering image quality through their drivers years ago, for free :p

Had to stop it though, as everyone was calling them cheating ********, even the press when they got onto it, was hell on :D

Nvidia have been doing it for years though. Their image looks slightly washed out compared to AMD and Intel. Probably to fudge an FPS increase :/

Man of Honour
Well, amd could ship a tin of vaseline with every card then users smear it on their monitor to get the DLSS experience.

I thought you meant the Vaseline was useful due to the price of the Radeon VII.:D

When you can get a 2080 for the same price as a Radeon VII it does not matter how good features like DLSS or RTX are as they are a bonus.

Caporegime
I thought you meant the Vaseline was useful due to the price of the Radeon VII.:D

When you can get a 2080 for the same price as a Radeon VII it does not matter how good features like DLSS or RTX are as they are a bonus.

Killing framerates and making the game look like someone blew their load across the monitor is quite the bonus. :)

Soldato
There is another video above with someone comparing DLSS with... turning the render resolution down 25%. The lower res looks sharper and runs better :D

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Well considering the radeon vii isn't killing framerates or making games blurry i think its obvious i was referring to the rtx gimmick features.

Not all reviewers are happy with the Radeon VII when compared to the RTX 2080, hence the former is killing fps.

Personally I think both cards are good but overpriced.

I also think this thread is a total waste of time as there is a very similar thread asking if RTX cards are a win or fail.

Will someone be starting a thread asking if the latest AMD or NVidia driver is a win or fail too.:eek:

Caporegime
Not all reviewers are happy with the Radeon VII when compared to the RTX 2080, hence the former is killing fps.

I also think this thread is a total waste of time as there is a very similar thread asking if RTX cards are a win or fail.

Will someone be starting a thread asking if the latest AMD or NVidia driver is a win or fail too.:eek:

DLSS has been getting harped on about by nvidia and some of the green contingent on this forum as the second coming for months now. Now it arrives it's a blurry mess. Nvidia were waffling about this like all they had to do was run a game through their supercomputer and 5 mins later you had 4k quality with increased framerates. Now people are saying it might take multiple attempts for the "ai to learn". Considering how long it took to get this into BFV for any devs that buy into this there's going to be a queue of games waiting multiple runs through this supercomputer of theirs.

Caporegime
OP

The feature set...the selling points of the cards....one can run DLSS and RTX off depending on res...

Back
Top Bottom