• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia gameworks - Game over for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
OP
the hardware cannucks review contradicts just about every other review. Look around and there is loads of evidence. the guy in the video shows plenty of evidence yet you are writing him off. He uses different sights and sources to do so.

Not to mention every single Hardware Cannucks video on youtube starts with "brought to you with our partners Nvidia".

LOL!

Caporegime
Well that is easily explained away as what you are seeing is old games where performance has not changed and most sites would not use in there bench suite these days. the hardware cannucks review contradicts just about every other review. Look around and there is loads of evidence. the guy in the video shows plenty of evidence yet you are writing him off. He uses different sights and sources to do so.

The guy in the video is a complete tinfoil hat wearing idiot.

There are numerous people all over the web that have tested multiple drivers on older cards and not found any significant change in performance that wouldn't be expected through variance.

Newer games make more use of newer technologies that the newer architectures are better at handling. It is not surprising in the least.

And every comparison against an AMD card is absolutely flawed form the beginning. Nvidia has no control over what AMD does to their drivers. the only comparison you can make are against the same hardware.

Soldato
The guy in the video is a complete tinfoil hat wearing idiot.

And every comparison against an AMD card is absolutely flawed form the beginning. Nvidia has no control over what AMD does to their drivers. the only comparison you can make are against the same hardware.

So are you saying AMD managed to improve their drivers so much that they are getting around 40-50% more performance than they started with and thus beating their Nvidia equivalents ? Interesting...:p

Klo

Klo

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
Interesting...

I'd say Ian is BS'ing....

Just for you, Diamond city first entrance as that is the most demanding area.

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
4188, 74735, 50, 61, 56.038

settings used were Ultra everything, full sliders and godrays medium. Vsync is on as that is how i play.

This was about 1 minute of looking around.

I then did 4 minutes of gameplay shooting 7 raiders in a base with a lot going on then i fired a nuke at the end which to be fair did slow me down to 44fps.

12694, 224500, 44, 61, 56.543

No where near the fps figures quoted on that site, So unless something is going on i do not know about they are full of BS and i am still happy with my 780.

Edited as i used HBAO+ (ultra) not SSAO as they sad they used.

Last edited:
Soldato

settings used were Ultra everything, full sliders and godrays medium. Vsync is on as that is how i play.

I then did 4 minutes of gameplay shooting 7 raiders in a base with a lot going on then i fired a nuke at the end which to be fair did slow me down to 44fps.

No where near the fps figures quoted on that site, So unless something is going on i do not know about they are full of BS and i am still happy with my 780.

Diamond City is not the worst part by far. The Corvega Plant is one of the worst and it was one of the major areas first targeted for performance patches on both PC and console by Bethesda.
So much so,they actually reduced the amount of shadows in later patches.

Associate

Edited as i used HBAO+ (ultra) not SSAO as they sad they used.

sadly I have to say this; pics or video or it didn't happen.

Second are your settings matching what they were running? Pretty sure they were full ultra with SSAO+ you've said you were ultra but god rays were med and something else.

as I said; anyone can claim they've gotten this; but need video or pictures to actually prove it.....

Soldato
Fair enough.

5654, 120641, 33, 61, 46.866

Full ultra everything trying to duplicate their video.

Not playable tbh with godrays on ultra, but godrays are not the talking point here are they.

this was still at 1920x1200 but at least i know whats what.

Associate
I find it interesting that a Nano is matching or beating a 980Ti in FO4, and an FX smashes everything, even at 1080p. Clearly a game and engine optimised heavily for GCN (consoles) .... I wonder what it'd look like without the GameCancer(Works). Probably even less pretty for NVIDIA.

The figures for pre-Maxwell cards are absolutely pathetic. This should be a clear signal to anyone that if you want to keep your card a while or buy late in a product's life cycle then NVIDIA should be avoided like the plague. The driver or middleware gimping that they're getting away with is unreal.

Last edited:
Caporegime
So are you saying AMD managed to improve their drivers so much that they are getting around 40-50% more performance than they started with and thus beating their Nvidia equivalents ? Interesting...:p

Where has AMD gained 40-50% driver improvements. not that i don't believe you but its quite possible. AMD drivers are notoriously bad on release so will always show bugger gains.

But as i said, what AMD does has no bearing on Nvidia drivers. The only fair comparison is to take a Nvidia card like the 780Ti and compare it through a set of games across all driver versions.

You also have to be very careful of versions of the game engine and patches. For example the Developer might make some optimizations for AMD after release but don't do the same for Nvidia because the game was developed on Nvidia cards. Or the developer harmlessly changes some of the code for a shder etc., but Nvidia drivers had an optimization that replaced the expected shader with something faster for the Kepler architecture. With the changes to the game code the Nvidia optimization may no longer work but that has nothing to do with Nvidia, that is just the nature of DX an, driver and game development.

Comparing Nvidia to AMD cards to try to prove Nvidia are purposely sabotaging performance of older cards just makes no sense in the slightest. Its like saying house prices aren't getting any more expensive because car prices are going up at the same rate.

Soldato
Comparing Nvidia to AMD cards to try to prove Nvidia are purposely sabotaging performance of older cards just makes no sense in the slightest. Its like saying house prices aren't getting any more expensive because car prices are going up at the same rate.

I just want to add that with the latest NVIDIA drivers (361.75), the GTX 780Ti is matching and beating the FuryX in Rise of the TombRaider at 1080p and 1440p, and just a smidge behind at 4K.

That Kepler driver performance is great, especially given that the game is maxed with AMD Pure Hair tech enabled.

Orange is 1080p, Yellow 1440p, and Teal 4K with blue below each bar being the minimum FPS.
http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Rise-...451/Specials/Grafikkarten-Benchmarks-1184288/
4YYDj0u.jpg
9x2WNnx.jpg

Soldato
I just want to add that with the latest NVIDIA drivers (361.75), the GTX 780Ti is matching and beating the FuryX in Rise of the TombRaider at 1080p and 1440p, and just a smidge behind at 4K.

That Kepler driver performance is great, especially given that the game is maxed with AMD Pure Hair tech enabled.

Orange is 1080p, Yellow 1440p, and Teal 4K with blue below each bar being the minimum FPS.
http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Rise-...451/Specials/Grafikkarten-Benchmarks-1184288/
4YYDj0u.jpg
9x2WNnx.jpg

Amd drivers not yet been released for this game so it's only fair to judge once they are.

Soldato
Amd drivers not yet been released for this game so it's only fair to judge once they are.

True as that is, the GTX 780Ti is also beating the GTX 970; this is why I don't understand where this whole "NVIDIA is purposely sabotaging Kepler performance" is coming from.

I only really remember Kepler doing badly around end of May - July 2015 when the drivers were terrible and when the Witcher 3 came out.

Last edited:
Associate
There are numerous people all over the web that have tested multiple drivers on older cards and not found any significant change in performance that wouldn't be expected through variance.

This thread is brought to you by the word "Variance", a word that is used by Nvidia users when any AMD card beats an Nvidia card by 2-5fps in an apples to apples comparison.

However, the word "Variance" magically changes and morphs into the word "Smashed" when used where an Nvidia card beats an AMD card by the previously mentioned 2-5fps. Odd that!! ;)

Also the amount of times I see the sentence "All we want is a level playing field" - which has never been said by any Nvidia user that I can remember.

:D

Caporegime
I really don't want to fan any flames here but what has the driver got to do with, for example the excessive (gimping) levels of polygons placed in flat objects, or indeed the massive water tessellation going on under the ground as shown in the video which massively nerfed AMD cards and older Nvidia cards? That for me is the big story here.

I assume you are talking about Crysis 2 here? If so, why is that Nvidia's GameWorks fault? Did Nvidia make Crysis 2? Don't answer as it is rhetorical but I will assume you have not been apart of these conversations before, as recently you asked how to remove drivers for a new card so benefit of the doubt there.

PhysX was offered to AMD but AMD didn't want to take it up. Nvidia "made " the libraries for GameWorks and these are customisable and editable but you just can't see the source code. They also come at considerable cost to Nvidia users but they were designed to save developers time and give some great effects. None of them are crippling to AMD, as they are all turn off and onable. Imagine getting BF4 in its vanilla form and you have the base game and then add some GameWorks effects and you have an enhanced game. The guy in the video comes across as nothing more than an AMD fanboy without a clue of what he is talking about but hey ho, whatever gets him his paypal donations :o

Going back to Tessellation, AMD were the first to come up with it and pushed it but no take up, Nvidia decided it was a good thing and made sure theie cards could handle it but AMD didn't and stagnated at the GPU level as far as tessellation goes, whose fault is that?

Stupid video and stupid fanboy thread.

Man of Honour
I find it interesting that a Nano is matching or beating a 980Ti in FO4, and an FX smashes everything, even at 1080p. Clearly a game and engine optimised heavily for GCN (consoles) .... I wonder what it'd look like without the GameCancer(Works). Probably even less pretty for NVIDIA.

The figures for pre-Maxwell cards are absolutely pathetic. This should be a clear signal to anyone that if you want to keep your card a while or buy late in a product's life cycle then NVIDIA should be avoided like the plague. The driver or middleware gimping that they're getting away with is unreal.

There are just so many potential issues with FO4 though - the engine is a mess dating back atleast 16 years of stuff cobbled over the top of cobbled together stuff - sure its not exactly the same engine as morrowind but still a lot of inherited issues to the point that just changing 1 line of code can in some cases result in a huge shift in how different cards perform with it - ENB for Skyrim for instance has different code path hacks that when enabled or disabled will change how AMD and nVidia cards stack up without any change in actual features/image quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom