• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

I am looking everywhere for this £699 evga ..yes I found it but its not even in stock.. so maybe thats a reason... for me I paid 719 for a instock msi ti from another company.. I am fond of msi :D

After purchasing an MSI 1080 Gaming X on launch for £599, i can safely that's the last time i'm spending that on a GPU. Let along £700-£800.

Just not doing it, insane amount of money to spend on a GPU and i refuse to encourage Nvidia (Who are blatantly taking the mick). Hopefully AMD will bring things back into balance.

Don't get me wrong, i'm all for "If you've got the money then why not?". Luxury items go for what people are willing to pay, big reason i got a HTC Vive is even that small amount of enjoyment was worth the price of admission.. However, Nvidia are exploiting their position currently. It's gone beyond a luxury product for a high price, to a luxury product for an grossly inflated price.

I think some have learned there lessen from the 1080 joke of a launch. This launch isn't that far behind tbh

Looking at the non ref prices, I just can't get excited. I don't know what's happened to me xD. I usually pull the trigger but the pricing just seems extreme. Near £800, it's just too much 'For Me' at the moment to justify to play video games.

Will sit these out for a while...

I will watch the rest of your posts with envy xD Nice to see some build pics when you guys get em.

Trying to rush things doesn't help lol. I am glad I ordered from OcUK, as they are a good bunch and will let me switch and change order to whatever comes first that tickles my fancy :D

First world problems hey!!!

I think some have learned there lessen from the 1080 joke of a launch. This launch isn't that far behind tbh

It's pure madness. Worst of all, Nvidia will keep pushing the limit until they find that point in which it hurts sales. As AMD offer no option, it practically pushes people towards them for something high end.

Palit Jetstream at £750 looks like the pick of the bunch, probably the best cooler for the 1080 anyway, and only £50 more than FE. Shame the warranty is 2 years but still would be my choice :)

Back
Top Bottom