• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 680 NOW IN STOCK & AVAILABLE!!**

Not sure about that. Example, my POV 470 had a sticker over the joint between the top plastics and bottom plastics. Removing it voided warranty.

So I emailed them and got permission and then kept the email just to be safe.

MSI, Gigabyte, Asus don't do that. Im not really bothered about a bog standard low end cheapskate brand like POV. I've emailed gigabyte about this before and they told me that my warranty wasn't affected by changing the cooler as long as I put the stock one back on, they just wouldn't service any cards sent back in a modified state.

Sapphire never used to offer warranty service, nor allow / encourage any overclocking at all under their T+Cs, yet people still used to reccomend them as the top ATI brand so I bought some sapphire cards and the bases to the coolers were heavilly scratched with horrible temperatures, and they claimed that overclocking was the top cause of failure on their cards :rolleyes:.

Though I'm sure Evga are fine, I stronglydoubt they are any better than MSI or Gigabyte.

Last edited:
Hi there

OK very little time, so it is literally just Heaven results:-

Heaven 2.5 at 1680x1050 4x/4x
6801e.jpg

Heaven 2.5 at 1920x1080 4x/4x
6802s.jpg

Heaven 2.5 at 2560x1600 4x/4x
6803e.jpg

System Spec:-
Intel 3960X @ 4.80GHz
Samsung 1600MHz @ 2400MHz
NVIDIA GTX 680 @ 1201MHz Core / 2402MHz Shader / 7200MHz Memory
Drivers - Ones on the CD!

To overclock I used MSI afterburner:-
Core voltage +100mv
Core speed +150 (This with core boost results in 1196-1201MHz)
Memory speed +600 (Results in 7200MHz)

This should hopefully give you some insight into overclocking potential and raw performance.

I believe with EVGA prevision tool X higher speeds will be possible along with higher voltages to get such speeds. :D

If you look at my original 7970 OC results on original drivers, the new NV card is only marginally slower in Heaven.

ATI 7970 does seem to have the slight edge when both cards are overclocked, but the NVIDIA card seems to be better optimised in games.

Sound wise the 680 is the quietest card I've tested yet and it never goes beyond 80c under load and generally sits around 60c under load.

A very impressive card and it is selling like hot cakes. :D :D :D

MSI, Gigabyte, Asus don't do that. Im not really bothered about a bog standard low end cheapskate brand like POV. I've emailed gigabyte about this before and they told me that my warranty wasn't affected by changing the cooler as long as I put the stock one back on, they just wouldn't service any cards sent back in a modified state.

Sapphire never used to offer warranty service, nor allow / encourage any overclocking at all under their T+Cs, yet people still used to reccomend them as the top ATI brand so I bought some sapphire cards and the bases to the coolers were heavilly scratched with horrible temperatures, and they claimed that overclocking was the top cause of failure on their cards :rolleyes:.

Though I'm sure Evga are fine, I stronglydoubt they are any better than MSI or Gigabyte.

POV are a good company with very friendly representatives.

All they do is what most other companies do. Design a sticker then spend the day putting them on cards Nvidia made.

ATI 7970 does seem to have the slight edge when both cards are overclocked, but the NVIDIA card seems to be better optimised in games.

Thanks Gibbo. That was what I was waiting for, and if I am honest suspected.

The 680 uses dynamic clocks. Thus, it's quite hard and a bit unfair to compare the two cards whilst the 680 is overclocking itself to change figures.

Thankfully I have not been blinkered by "green fever" so basically am happy to stay where I am.

Edit. Maybe now AMD can sit down for a while and work on the drivers.

POV are a good company with very friendly representatives.

All they do is what most other companies do. Design a sticker then spend the day putting them on cards Nvidia made.

I'm not interested in Nvidia reference designs though, I wait for manufacturer custom designs, which I think MSI gave been the best for in a long time followed by Gigabyte.

Thanks Gibbo. That was what I was waiting for, and if I am honest suspected.

The 680 uses dynamic clocks. Thus, it's quite hard and a bit unfair to compare the two cards whilst the 680 is overclocking itself to change figures.

Thankfully I have not been blinkered by "green fever" so basically am happy to stay where I am.

Edit. Maybe now AMD can sit down for a while and work on the drivers.

After they issue a press release to say they are underwhelmed.

you're kidding.... these prices wont drop yet, but the GTX 580 will, plus the 7950...... even so, it's way too early to buy yet

They should do, as currently they are inflated due to the 'shiny shiny' factor.

RRP is $499, which in £ + VAT is £380, so as it stands they are a good £40-60 over what they should be.

but i must say i like the performance.... even so i prefer to wait, all the way to August... this is because there are no decent shooters out until this time or maybe even sept, i thus dont need a card right now.:cool:

even so it's quite exciting

Back
Top Bottom