** NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 9xx SERIES NOW AVAILABLE INCLUDING OcUK REVIEW!! **

Associate
Gotta say i'm not a big fan of the new name for KFA2/Galaxy... Galax just seems a bit odd. It's like Galaxy created an epic typo on their new line of GTX 970/980 cards and just stuck with it :D. What were they thinking when they came up with it? I prefer either Galaxy or KFA2 (Kick ******* Ass??). Will probably get used to the name over time though... GALAX(y)... Super Villain GALAX is here to suck your wallets dry! :p

Associate
Ive ordered 10,000+ :)

I might consider pre-ordering that reference looking Palit GTX 970 (even though i ordered a GTX 780 from you guys 2 days ago :rolleyes:). I prefer the blower type coolers and it's a shame you don't stock the Gainward version... I think the reference'ish cooler looks pretty smart. The Galax (cringe) card looks a bit ugly with baby blue on the cooler shroud and a blue PCB, but that's just my opinion. Will you ever stock the Gainward versions?

p00954_pic_1779541a6f82ca86b.jpg

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
Gainward nope.

They insulted me so they won't be going in my webshop again unless they do something to really make up for the insult.

Associate
Good man Gibbo. A good example to other manufacturers showing them that you are not adversed to ditching suppliers when required and with your buying/selling power, I suspect they lost out big time. Well done on the sales here, I'm very encouraged by the prices of these cards.

Associate
well, my next card is defo going to be a shiny red & black MSI 970.

just need a game to come out to justify buying it ;D

going crazy on Destiny atm, so taking a bit of a break from PC gaming.

what kinda PC games are coming out in the next 6-12 months which need one of these cards for max settings at 1080p over a GTX 670/680???

Soldato
Hmm a pair of 970s to replace my wife, oops 670s. ;)

Would like to see a EVGA FTW 970 with 980 blower on it as the 670 FTWs were to the 680.
Don't want to SLI stirrers. At least some of the cards have blowers.

Soldato
Gainward nope.

They insulted me so they won't be going in my webshop again unless they do something to really make up for the insult.

Damn, it feels like it was only yesterday you guys were announcing the special deal oyu guys had got with Gainward for stuff like cooler removal. Did they not live up to their end of the bargain or something?

Or did they literally insult you personally? :p

Soldato
If you have items in your basket, does that take one out of stock or is it still up for grabs until you pay?

Had no internet on my phone all day and the EVGA 980's are gone, but i have 2 in my basket since 8am this morning :/

Soldato
Is the 970/980's just a rehash of previous cards like nvidia are renowned for doing???

And who is Galax is it KFA2's name now?

Back
Top Bottom