NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX TREATS FOR GAMERS ONLY (MINERS NOT FOR YOU!!) !!

Associate
Hi Gibbo,

Thanks for all the great work you do around the forums. I was very appreciative of this thread as I'm building a computer for myself and for my son. It's been very difficult to get decent GPUs at a reasonable price because of all of the miners.

I selected a 1060 mini for my rig and was planning on getting the 1070 G1 for my son. I got paid this morning so placed my order for the 1060 and then went to place my order for the 1070 (separate orders since it's a code for each). But unfortunately the payment process seemed to fail for the 1070. I thought no problem and went to place the order again. However I was greeted by a "This voucher has been redeemed during a previous order." message."

As I really can't afford it at full price I waited some time and tried again but the message persisted and I submitted a webnote but the support member I reached didn't understand the issue and simply said: "I can confirm that this order is just a pending quote with no payment applied, So there is no need to cancel the order, it will just auto remove in time from your account have a great day."

Obviously this is no help in solving my problem. To add to this I now see that the G1 1070 is out of stock for at least a week. I was wondering if you could help me out with this very disappointing situation. My son and I were looking forward to assembling our rigs next weekend. Any chance on a similar discount on a mid range 1070 you have in stock?

Thank you for any help you can offer.

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi Gibbo,

Thanks for all the great work you do around the forums. I was very appreciative of this thread as I'm building a computer for myself and for my son. It's been very difficult to get decent GPUs at a reasonable price because of all of the miners.

I selected a 1060 mini for my rig and was planning on getting the 1070 G1 for my son. I got paid this morning so placed my order for the 1060 and then went to place my order for the 1070 (separate orders since it's a code for each). But unfortunately the payment process seemed to fail for the 1070. I thought no problem and went to place the order again. However I was greeted by a "This voucher has been redeemed during a previous order." message."

As I really can't afford it at full price I waited some time and tried again but the message persisted and I submitted a webnote but the support member I reached didn't understand the issue and simply said: "I can confirm that this order is just a pending quote with no payment applied, So there is no need to cancel the order, it will just auto remove in time from your account have a great day."

Obviously this is no help in solving my problem. To add to this I now see that the G1 1070 is out of stock for at least a week. I was wondering if you could help me out with this very disappointing situation. My son and I were looking forward to assembling our rigs next weekend. Any chance on a similar discount on a mid range 1070 you have in stock?

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Email [email protected] and I shall get my sales manager to call you and sell you an Asus Dual 1070 at £409.99 inc. VAT whilst we still got some left, they are currently £469.99 online and set at £500 for those buying in bulk. I can only allow 1 unit at this price!

Associate
So I have noticed the listed price on the site has dropped on these cards by around £30 in some cases, does this affect the deal price as it was originally set for a more expensive card. I only ask as i'm waiting for a card to hit my budget limit and their just not quite there yet.
Sorry for sounding like a cheapskate but I don't get to upgrade often so need to make sure I get the best I can for the price.

OcUK Staff
OP
So I have noticed the listed price on the site has dropped on these cards by around £30 in some cases, does this affect the deal price as it was originally set for a more expensive card. I only ask as i'm waiting for a card to hit my budget limit and their just not quite there yet.
Sorry for sounding like a cheapskate but I don't get to upgrade often so need to make sure I get the best I can for the price.

This codes are still valid, so try them.

Associate
Email [email protected] and I shall get my sales manager to call you and sell you an Asus Dual 1070 at £409.99 inc. VAT whilst we still got some left, they are currently £469.99 online and set at £500 for those buying in bulk. I can only allow 1 unit at this price!

Thats some pretty cool wrangling there Gibbo, Nice to see fellow forum users getting help, nice one! :)

Associate

Drat - I wish I'd checked back here before pulling the trigger. Had tried to get through to sales quite a few times over a couple of weeks to setup a business account on bretail. Never got any responses. Managed to get 2 x the EVGA 1070 SC2 to SLI on my machine now direct from the manufacturer. Happy camper but they couldn't match Overclockers prices ;)

Soldato
Glad I'm not looking for GPU. Prices are so silly right now. Go away bitcoin mining. I would wait it out and just buy a used xbox or ps4 until prices are lower.

Wow, got to second that!

This thread prompted me to take a quick peek, and 2nd hand 980tis are selling on ebay for more than I paid new at the moment!

Don't need a new card atm, but big thumbs up to OCUK for this :)

Associate
These deals still didn't seem that good to me even with the codes, getting the 1070's with a coupon for £428.99 still seems stupidly expensive and overpriced for what it is. Especially when you can get a 1080 for £450.

A more reasonable price would be dropping it another £100 to £328.99 and selling it at its RRP.

Soldato
These deals still didn't seem that good to me even with the codes, getting the 1070's with a coupon for £428.99 still seems stupidly expensive and overpriced for what it is. Especially when you can get a 1080 for £450.

A more reasonable price would be dropping it another £100 to £328.99 and selling it at its RRP.

Supply and demand, unfortunately. :( About half of the 1070 models are out of stock at their current £400-£500 bracket, which means OcUK have currently got the price about right for what the market will pay. If we (consumers/buyers) want lower prices we need not to buy at the current price and the shops will lower the prices, but with miners skewing things that's not going to happen until they stop buying and we get back to just gamers buying them.

Or we could reject capitalism and try for another option, but I don't fancy sharing my government issued 1050ti with my three neighbours, comrade! :D

Associate
Supply and demand, unfortunately. :( About half of the 1070 models are out of stock at their current £400-£500 bracket, which means OcUK have currently got the price about right for what the market will pay. If we (consumers/buyers) want lower prices we need not to buy at the current price and the shops will lower the prices, but with miners skewing things that's not going to happen until they stop buying and we get back to just gamers buying them.

Or we could reject capitalism and try for another option, but I don't fancy sharing my government issued 1050ti with my three neighbours, comrade! :D
or just be patient and what for the hub bub to die down and just get one on a deal when they eventually arrive.

OcUK Staff
OP

Were not here to lose money thank you. Even mining aside, our cost have increased on said products due to memory price increases, but then yes unfortunately mining is also increasing cost for both ourselves, which is then passed on. Of course we have being able to also make additional margin on certain products, but the codes we have active bring our margins to single digits to make those prices happen, I really wish we were making like 50% plus margins on such products, so we could easily smash £100 off the price, unfortunately that is not the case.

Tomorrow we will put a 1070 on THIS WEEK ONLY for £399 for a basic one, no idea if the miners will sweep in and buy them all, chance we take.

Associate
not really sure what this mining is but it sounds BAD, and LOVE your efforts Gibbo/OcUK...

Can I just ask are prices on the 1080 & 1070 likely to go down any time in the next 3-4 months, due to...
a) Stock coming back?
b) AMD's Vega RX range next month?

Also do either of these cards still give the free Ghost Recon game?

Associate
Tomorrow we will put a 1070 on THIS WEEK ONLY for £399 for a basic one, no idea if the miners will sweep in and buy them all, chance we take.

Just wondering if you have any ETA for the 1070 Amp? The code still seems to work however I'm expecting a long wait for the stock to arrive.

Back
Top Bottom