• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia Geforce 'Maxwell' Thread

Soldato
I still think AMD were utter nutters for not getting that bus powered HD7850 into retail. It would have made it one of the best performance/watt cards ever released. It
makes me less enthusiastic about the GTX750TI now in light of the info,but I expect many reviewers won't realise it,so I expect another PR coup for Nvidia.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Galaxy GeForce GTX 750 Ti exposed, can be overclocked to 1.35 GHz

Galaxy is preparing its fully custom GTX 750 ti for the launch.

What we have here is a non-reference cooling solution and upgraded PCB. The presentation reveals all the details I’ve shared with you earlier: the Maxwell architecture, the GM107 picture, comparison to its direct competitor R7 260X, comparison to previous x50 Ti cards and performance figures.

Xnd5nvl.jpg
94aGGdQ.jpg
DdnTy6E.jpg

Soldato
OP
That's a pretty nice overclock, wonder how well 2 of them in SLI at that speed would do at 1080p.

Looking forward to seeing high end Maxwell on 20nm. Could be some real high clock speeds, especially with lower power consumption / heat. Should get some big OC's even on air.

These upcoming cards are going to be beasts..

Soldato
OP
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti (Maxwell) Review

Today, NVIDIA introduced its next-generation graphics architecture "Maxwell", first as a replacement of entry-level product of current generation, GK107 based on Kepler architecture, namely GM107. (M in its codename refers Maxwell as well as K in GK107 means Kepler) Recently (for more than a couple of years) NVIDIA has launched its new architecture every even year, for example, Tesla for 2008, Fermi for 2010 and Kepler for 2012, and this biennial rule made it more predictable that the company will release post-Kepler product sooner or later. Many enthusiasts have been questioning how fast the new flagship GPU compared to GK110. This question may, however, not be answered today. Since today we only got a baby Maxwell.

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=267532

Soldato
OP
The first low end Maxwell card on 28nm is trading blows with a once high end HD 6970 while using around half the power.. (Check the compute performance as well).

High end Maxwell on 20nm is going to be awesome.

o90Xwht.png

Soldato
TH just loved the card but I saw the following in their review:

http://media.bestofmicro.com/2/W/422600/original/01-GTX-750-Ti-Complete-Gaming-Loop-170-seconds.png

t7URxTO.png

Toms Hardware said:
Non-Contact Direct Current Measurement at the PCIe Slot
Non-Contact Direct Current Measurement at the External PCIe Power Supply
Direct Voltage Measurement 3.3 V / 12 V

For brief periods its going massively pasted its rated TDP and power consumption and boosting highly.

Those are not full system measurements but card only measurements.

TH says the card consume 60W on average but the problem is look at how high the card power consumption can deviate from the median.

It might be interesting to see extended tests in a smaller case with the card. Cards like the GTX760 with reference coolers(which are not great) had issues with throttling over extended periods.

Looking at the problems reviewers have shown with both AMD and Nvidia boost tech,I really think perhaps reviews need to do more stressful testing of cards.

All I think it does is inflate scores. At least CPU Boosting is very conservative. GPU boosting does not seem that way with the latest AMD and Nvidia GPUs.

Last edited:
Caporegime
TH just loved the card but I saw the following in their review:

http://media.bestofmicro.com/2/W/422600/original/01-GTX-750-Ti-Complete-Gaming-Loop-170-seconds.png

t7URxTO.png

For brief periods its going massively pasted its rated TDP and power consumption and boosting highly.

Those are not full system measurements but card only measurements.

TH says the card consume 60W on average but the problem is look at how high the card power consumption can deviate from the median.

It might be interesting to see extended tests in a smaller case with the card. Cards like the GTX760 with reference coolers(which are not great) had issues with throttling over extended periods.

Looking at the problems reviewers have shown with both AMD and Nvidia boost tech,I really think perhaps reviews need to do more stressful testing of cards.

All I think it does is inflate scores. At least CPU Boosting is very conservative. GPU boosting does not seem that way with the latest AMD and Nvidia GPUs.

Nvidia's Boost 2 does inflate scores if they are short runs, on a cold start run they boost very high before coming down once warmed up.

Anyway. i find that "141 Watts Max" power usage very interesting, its 240% of its TDP.

Is this architecture so efficient in a limited range, once outside of that range the power usage sky rockets? its actually spends a lot of time at 90 Watts. which is no different to the R9 260.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Yep all cards once running past their normal speed seem to use a great deal more power, I'm sure I seen a post here of a guy with one 780 pulling 800w from the wall with an overclock.

Back
Top Bottom