• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia Geforce 'Maxwell' Thread

Caporegime
Agreed guys. Maxwell is shaping up to look pretty damned awesome. I am impressed with the 750Ti for its power and power usage and impressed with the laptop chip just as much.

I just wish I had some money :(

Spare change....Spare some change mister? :p

Soldato
Agreed guys. Maxwell is shaping up to look pretty damned awesome. I am impressed with the 750Ti for its power and power usage and impressed with the laptop chip just as much.

I just wish I had some money :(

Spare change....Spare some change mister? :p

You could always sell that nice Samsung 4K monit... Yeah didn't think so. ;)

Soldato
OP
I have a theory about 20nm cards from both AMD and Nvidia..

Bear with me..

I believe the performance VS power use is so much better on the new AMD/Nvidia architecture on the 20nm node, that this is the reason we are not getting any leaked information.

If they were leak info now it could cannibalize sales of things like 290X / 295X2 and GTX 780Ti / Titan.

I think we're gonna see a massive leap in performance VS power use, to the point where older cards will be irrelevant in those terms in comparison, anyone who knew would not pony up the money for a 780Ti / Titan / 290X / 295X2.

The first wave will offer 290X / 780Ti performance in a power envelope about half what we have now. A massive difference, the second wave will use more traditional power envelope but as performance is so much greater it's possible we will have Titan Z / 295X2 performance in a single chip..

Or I could be wrong lol :p

Soldato
The first wave will offer 290X / 780Ti performance in a power envelope about half what we have now. A massive difference, the second wave will use more traditional power envelope but as performance is so much greater it's possible we will have Titan Z / 295X2 performance in a single chip..

I vote wrong :p

But really hoping your right :D

Soldato
OP
I think you might be overly hopeful there Boom ;)

Haha.

^^^
This

Nv and AMD will continue to milk it like they have always done:(

I'm not saying they will be cheap, I'm saying GTX 780Ti performance in half the power envelope. A massive step up from what we have now. The second wave of cards that utilize traditional TDP will be so powerful in performance they will match Titan Z and 295X2 in performance.

Yup, you heard it here first :p

I vote wrong :p

But really hoping your right :D

Lol, me to..

Soldato
OP
Willing to put money on this lol.

2014: GTX 880 GM204 '20nm' GTX 780Ti OC performance 'lower power envelope' Launch price £399.99

2015: GTX 980 GM210 '20nm' Titan Z performance 'single card power envelope' Launch price £549.99

Permabanned
Willing to put money on this lol.

2014: GTX 880 GM204 '20nm' GTX 780Ti OC performance 'lower power envelope' Launch price £399.99

2015: GTX 980 GM210 '20nm' Titan Z performance 'single card power envelope' Launch price £549.99

Dude your getting way ahead of your self. Nv would never give that much of a jump for cheaper? Have you been drinking? 780 and 780ti will still be very power cards for a few years yet. Nvidia won't shoot themselves in the foot. Wake up from this dream you're having:eek::p:)

Soldato
In all seriousness, looking at 750ti maxwell on 28nm, i think we are looking at 780ti +30% performance wise for the same power budget, and 780ti pricing, maybe a little more on the performance if the ARM core rumours are true, then another 30% with the maxwell refresh at 16nm, maybe a bit more if the maxwell refresh is actually Pascal

Soldato
I have a theory about 20nm cards from both AMD and Nvidia..

Bear with me..

I believe the performance VS power use is so much better on the new AMD/Nvidia architecture on the 20nm node, that this is the reason we are not getting any leaked information.

If they were leak info now it could cannibalize sales of things like 290X / 295X2 and GTX 780Ti / Titan.

I think we're gonna see a massive leap in performance VS power use, to the point where older cards will be irrelevant in those terms in comparison, anyone who knew would not pony up the money for a 780Ti / Titan / 290X / 295X2.

Hows the pixie dust over there in magic fairy land lol.

Soldato
GDDR is not higher latency at all it may take more cycles but it runs faster so the actual response times measured in time are roughly the same as DDR3.

I don't know where this Internet myth came from but people keep repeating it.

I have heard the timings are automatically slackened if you push your GPU mem too hard, maybe that's it.

Back
Top Bottom