• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia Geforce 'Maxwell' Thread

Soldato
OP
NVIDIA preparing Maxwell GM204 and Kepler GK210 GPUs

A new leak about the upcoming Graphics Processing Units from NVIDIA has just surfaced.
NVIDIA Maxwell GM204, a heart of GeForce GTX 870/880?

The first GPU that was listed on Indian website is GM204. This is undoubtedly a mid-range GPU. The rumor has it that this is the processor for GeForce GTX 870 or maybe even GTX 880. We can clearly see GM204-GB3-256, which could suggest we are looking at 256-bit interface.

http://videocardz.com/50301/nvidia-preparing-maxwell-gm204-kepler-gk210-gpus

GM204.png

Soldato
OP
^^ Well this skuppers my 20nm fantasy :p. Looks like the lacks of leaks on 20nm could be because 20nm ain't happening any time soon.. Guess AMD / Nvidia are happy for the phone vendors to soak up initial 20nm costs this year..

Meh.

Soldato
Its progress from wood screws...

Nothing in Gpu history will ever compare to Fermi wood screws. When Nvidia are on song ie 8800gtx they are spot on. When they done wooden screws they were spot on for the biggest laugh in Gpu history. These forums were like reading your favorite comedian book for weeks maybe months.

Last edited:
Soldato
Is that not normal for this forum on a daily basis anyway?

Yep but that was a special time and if you were not around then you missed out. It was just something that almost sound made up.

Although i do find ocuk funny at points, the knowledge base here is second to none.

Last edited:
Associate
Yep but that was a special time and if you were not around then you missed out. It was just something that almost sound made up.

Although i do find ocuk funny at points, the knowledge base here is second to none.

The collective knowledge and dedication of these guy's is always staggering :eek: especially when a bit of banter creeps in:p then comedy gold usually follows:D

Soldato
GPU market has have got a little boring. I had a 780 on release. Looking to buy another GPU soon...well there isn't hardly much to upgrade to. Other than getting another one.

Soldato
OP
I gave in and bought 2 780's for SLI this morning. No point in 780Ti price was to much.

Nice one.

Let's hope this (No 20nm etc) isn't disinformation being spread to entice people to upgrade now thinking nothing new is coming soon...

:p

Let's be honest 780 SLI, 290 Xfire is all anyone really needs anyway..

I only got my Ti's a few weeks back so am happy to ride em out for the year..

Permabanned
Nice one.

Let's hope this (No 20nm etc) isn't disinformation being spread to entice people to upgrade now thinking nothing new is coming soon...

:p

Let's be honest 780 SLI, 290 Xfire is all anyone really needs anyway..

I only got my Ti's a few weeks back so am happy to ride em out for the year..

Exactly, that's what I thought. Paying a extra £100 for 5% to 10% performance wasn't worth it. So I saved over £200:D

Now to bling it with 2 backplates and sli bridge:)

Nothing new in the high end on 20nm is coming in a good while. Its not incorrect information.

I figured that. That's why I bought now.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
NVIDIA GM204 and GM206 to Tape-Out in April, Products to Launch in Q4?

It looks like things are going horribly wrong at TSMC, NVIDIA and AMD's principal foundry partner, with its 20 nm manufacturing process, which is throwing a wrench into the works at NVIDIA, forcing it to re-engineer an entire lineup of "Maxwell" GPUs based on existing 28 nm process. Either that, or NVIDIA is confident of delivering an efficiency leap using Maxwell on existing/mature 28 nm process, and saving costs in the process. NVIDIA is probably drawing comfort from the excellent energy-efficiency demonstrated by its Maxwell-based GeForce GTX 750 series. According to a 3DCenter.org report, NVIDIA's next mainline GPUs, the GM204 and GM206, which will be built on the 28 nm process, and "Maxwell" architecture, will tape out later this month. Products based on the two, however, can't be expected before Q4 2014, as late as December, or even as late as January 2015.

http://www.techpowerup.com/200061/n...pe-out-in-april-products-to-launch-in-q4.html

Back
Top Bottom