• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia Geforce 'Maxwell' Thread

Caporegime
2x4GB 760s. The early Maxwell on 28nm looks to be decent in power efficiency but not in power. The later Maxwell (next year possibly) will be 20nm and should be a nice boost on todays top GPUs.

Man of Honour
I find it hard to believe that the full fat Maxwell design is coming on 28nm - nVidia weren't happy with 20nm for it let alone 28nm and were pushing for 16nm finfets, the original design would have been stretching the capabilities of 20nm.

Associate
I find it hard to believe that the full fat Maxwell design is coming on 28nm - nVidia weren't happy with 20nm for it let alone 28nm and were pushing for 16nm finfets, the original design would have been stretching the capabilities of 20nm.

So what is there to believe? Nvidia are being very sly on this release and I hope they don't disappoint.

Soldato

It is hard to believe, it would be worse than Fermi. Maybe NV will just bite the bullet and use TSMC's 20nm.

Man of Honour
I guess another possibility they will savage other areas i.e. reduce the memory interface to as small as they can get away with, massively drop ROPs, etc. cut out anything non-gaming from the GeForce cards compute wise i.e. reducing caches and so on.

Soldato
I guess another possibility they will savage other areas i.e. reduce the memory interface to as small as they can get away with, massively drop ROPs, etc. cut out anything non-gaming from the GeForce cards compute wise i.e. reducing caches and so on.

Isn't that exactly what the rumours are? 256bit, low ROPS etc

Associate
This card has two msata slots on the backside of the PCB:

4bf1af9b_WTF.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom