• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia Geforce 'Maxwell' Thread

bru

bru

Soldato
ok a bigger die than Gk104 but not as large as GK110.

I get the feeling this is going to be a beast, and really it is only the midrange part.

Soldato
OP
Rumored spec of the GTX 880, is putting out more G/Flps than Titan Black. If the reduced memory bus doesn't hold it back it should be a very quick card.

Looking forward to seeing the biggest part though, probably Q1 2015 (Titan) or Q3 2015 (GTX XXX).

QPhjjqp.png

Soldato
Haha, came looking for this on here, Should have know boomstick would have on the case.

Brinbg it on I say, Card looks like a beast but i just cant see it launching with 8gb of RAM. High end going from 3gb to 8gb is just to big of a jump.

Last edited:

bru

bru

Soldato
the only reason they might go for 8GB is to really plug it as more then the opposition, better for 4K gaming. Of course the 256bit bus might come into it.
We will see.

Soldato
If they are they appear to be underneath some kind of cooling or power circuitry assemblage. :p

Anyway, die size speculation: appears to be slightly bigger than Hawaii which is 425mm2, from the direct comparison we can see it is certainly slightly smaller than GK110 (which is 30% bigger than Hawaii).

Last edited:
Soldato
Based on speculation, ROPs/TMUs and bus etc aren't confirmed.

Seems to be some thought in comments that this might actually be GK200/GK210 aka Quadro part. The 8GB VRAM can easily be explained away by it being an es though.

Soldato
I'd be surprised if the high end card is actually cheaper than the 780 ti when it came out.. in fact i doubt it very much, wouldn't surprise me in the least if they release another massively overpriced card like a Titan though.

Maybe best to wait for AMD to bring their card out as well to bring prices down to sane levels i guess.

Soldato
OP
I'd be surprised if the high end card is actually cheaper than the 780 ti when it came out.. in fact i doubt it very much, wouldn't surprise me in the least if they release another massively overpriced card like a Titan though.

Maybe best to wait for AMD to bring their card out as well to bring prices down to sane levels i guess.

I think if these cards are based on 28nm, they will come in cheaper than the GTX 780 and 780 Ti did. It will be very cost effective for Nvidia to use 28nm again.

Have a feeling the first 20nm card from Nvidia could come around Feb 2015, one under the Titan moniker and be an almost fully enabled Maxwell chip. The others will be 20nm die shrink of the GTX 870/880 around the same time.

This time I'm set on waiting for 20nm cards. The 28nm cards would have to be pretty special to tempt me from my Titan Black.

Probably gonna go Titan Black > Titan 'Maxwell' or Radeon X90X '20nm'.

Soldato
I think if these cards are based on 28nm, they will come in cheaper than the GTX 780 and 780 Ti did. It will be very cost effective for Nvidia to use 28nm again.

Have a feeling the first 20nm card from Nvidia could come around Feb 2015, one under the Titan moniker and be an almost fully enabled Maxwell chip. The others will be 20nm die shrink of the GTX 870/880 around the same time.

This time I'm set on waiting for 20nm cards. The 28nm cards would have to be pretty special to tempt me from my Titan Black.

Probably gonna go Titan Black > Titan 'Maxwell' or Radeon X90X '20nm'.

:p Yeah sure boom ,, but in saying that your titan black should last awhile but we know you get the itch and if you get a good deal why not :)

Back
Top Bottom