• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia Geforce 'Maxwell' Thread

Soldato
4 cards to get a game run properly is not a joke? It was launched when Nvidia had the 780Ti in their back pocket the whole time. The card was a pure profit making machine. The gaming performance was only partially ahead of the 780 but substantially larger price gap.

They threw in compute performance for a niche market, a justification for the larger price tag, it was marketed as the most powerful gaming card. But if you looked a bit deeper 2 670 gtxs handily beat it in all gaming benchmarks for half the cost. Problem with that though is noise. I suppose my wish is for another 8800GTX. I just dislike they the way incremental performance is the new standard.

Umm wasnt the titan out before 780's?
The gaming performance was only partially ahead of the 780 but substantially larger price gap
IIRC there wasnt any 780 on release so no price gap at all

Soldato
Nonsense. Titans are far from a joke and guess what.... if you think that then they clearly were not aimed at you. As a compute card they actually offer good value. Top end cards (excluding the titans) have always been minimal gains for big money. People argue the 8800gtx but one card does not a trend break.

And as for £350 for a card to play humble bundle????? Theres plenty games out and arriving shortly to stress peoples gpus. I had to buy 2 780s to get decent fps on my 1400p monitor 18 months ago and played loads of games. I had 2 7970s before that were maxed out most of the time I had them as well

The problem is if any game cannot run reasonably well and at reasonable settings on a single £100 to £200 graphics card,it usually ends up being a commercial failure.

Soldato
EDIT: Just noticed this was the valley bench.

Regardless, i love that all "leaked" benchmarks never have anything to certify the score, eg screenshots etc.

Last edited:
Soldato
I too would love an excuse to splash out on a really good single card solution that will handle 1440p better than what I have. 780ti still tempts me though.

Soldato
OP
I bleeding hope so I sold my 780Ti and have a 7990 in the interim but planetside 2 don't like crossfire :(

Got rid of my cards as well, using a 270, hopefully by the time these launch I'll have the funds for GTX 880 4GB/8GB. Probably will work out good timing for me. I hate all the waiting for legit benchmarks and reviews though, to impatient when it comes to hardware. I wanna see what these can do :D

Soldato
It says underneath "Mit OC" = With OC?

Valley: ~3300 points are middling 780 OC points.

Someone should ask him OC details.

lol you did the same assumption with the 780Ti. The high end of the Valley scoreboard isn't a valid reflection. Just look at the clocks for god sake.

EDIT actually I take that back at least some what, it's still a poor score but stock, it's reasonable

Last edited:
Caporegime
lol you did the same assumption with the 780Ti. The high end of the Valley scoreboard isn't a valid reflection. Just look at the clocks for god sake.

Very true, you're talking near enough 1300mhz 780's to achieve that.

If that benchmark is legit I'd imagine it's at stock and probably only around the 1ghz mark.

bru

bru

Soldato
Valley: ~3300 points are middling 780 OC points.

That score would put him 30th on the OCUK leader board, beating a few 780ti's, loads of highly clocked 780's and even a titan black(oh and all the 290x's :p) so you can down play it all you like.

Back
Top Bottom