• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia Geforce 'Maxwell' Thread

Soldato

Was hoping for a proper implantation given HDMI 2.0 has been out for a while now. Earlier TVs had to use tricks since they were designed before HDMI 2.0 went final.

Not got a 4K TV yet due to this, I think only one set comes with proper HDMI 2.0 being Panasonics. (not sure even that is proper hdmi 2.0)

So was going to pick up a set once had a Maxwell based system built, might have to hold off till we get HDMI 2.0 across the cards and TVs.

Caporegime
Was hoping for a proper implantation given HDMI 2.0 has been out for a while now. Earlier TVs had to use tricks since they were designed before HDMI 2.0 went final.

Not got a 4K TV yet due to this, I think only one set comes with proper HDMI 2.0 being Panasonics. (not sure even that is proper hdmi 2.0)

So was going to pick up a set once had a Maxwell based system built, might have to hold off till we get HDMI 2.0 across the cards and TVs.

Good call on holding off and I would like to think that Maxwell would use HDMI 2.0 and not long to wait for confirmation.

Soldato
For all we know the final specs could be double of those, Best off waiting, No point in speculating to be honest as nothing real has been confirmed.
Yea but kitguru claim they have already seen their physical chip, and in their final words:
"While chip designers can do many unexpected things and sometimes even wonders, they cannot overrule the laws of physics. Engineers will not be able to squeeze 3200 stream processors into the GM204 that is made using 28nm process technology and has die size of around 300mm². "

Soldato
Sad if true really. I really need an extra 20%-30% over my 780 and won't go SLI and can't go AMD (GSYNC).
Blame Apple for hogging everything and delaying Nvidia and AMD from moving onto 20nm. They somehow manage to get in the way PC gaming progression even when lots of people want nothing to do with them :p

Associate
Yea but kitguru claim they have already seen their physical chip, and in their final words:
"While chip designers can do many unexpected things and sometimes even wonders, they cannot overrule the laws of physics. Engineers will not be able to squeeze 3200 stream processors into the GM204 that is made using 28nm process technology and has die size of around 300mm². "

I think they meant that leaked picture with chip mounted on engineering board.

Soldato
OP
Maybe this will become the GTX 770Ti (Maxwell) rather than a 8XX branded card? Would fit into the stack nicely, just like GTX 750 Ti (Maxwell).

Could be positioned against AMD's R9 285..

We really don't have much solid info at this point, everyone just seems to be guessing :p AMD / Nvidia doing a great job on stopping detailed leaks getting out.

Permabanned
The top of the range Panasonic 4k TV's are true HDMI 2.0 (10 bit full range etc etc) incase anyone is thinking of going 4k when the HDMI 2.0 GPU's pop up

Man of Honour
The top of the range Panasonic 4k TV's are true HDMI 2.0 (10 bit full range etc etc) incase anyone is thinking of going 4k when the HDMI 2.0 GPU's pop up

Will we even see HDMI 2.0 GPUs? there doesn't seem to be a lot of interest from nVidia or AMD in adding support for it and only minor interest from Intel (Thunderbolt and probably only due to the Apple aspect of it).

Man of Honour
I wish... the issues with HDMI and fullrange sometimes drive me up the wall. I'm not a huge fan of DP as it has its own issues but atleast it works like a PC on a PC.

Soldato
OP
Hats off to Nvidia and AMD for keeping info from being leaked, we don't have any real solid info on either upcoming new cards. Other than they might come from September onwards..

I'm sure we used to get more leaks way before launch in the past?

Man of Honour
Hats off to Nvidia and AMD for keeping info from being leaked, we don't have any real solid info on either upcoming new cards. Other than they might come from September onwards..

I'm sure we used to get more leaks way before launch in the past?

Normally a lot of info out on new nVidia cards coming Sept/Nov by the end of June at the latest. Normally if nothing else nVidia starts to drop some information at the tech shows, etc. around the middle of the year.

Back
Top Bottom