• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia Geforce 'Maxwell' Thread

Associate
Nope.

And it never ceases to amaze me how many people think that a "confirmed" article on some rumor website means that Nvidia/AMD/Intel has said something.

Usually these companies don't say a word before NDA lift.

Mobster
Soldato
Nope.

And it never ceases to amaze me how many people think that a "confirmed" article on some rumor website means that Nvidia/AMD/Intel has said something.

Usually these companies don't say a word before NDA lift.

Why let that stand in the way of a good Nvidia bashing. :)

bru

bru

Soldato
Nvidia in THEIR OWN PRESS MATERIALS said "GRAND FINALE" so yes, they fail. Hard. Fake hypers. :mad:

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-gtx-geforce-grand-finale-gamescom-2014/

Yes but unfortunately if you reread the article, Nvidia themselves did not say anything about new cards or any mention of specific cards at all other than "Geforce GTX graphics cards". everything else is just rumour and guesswork by the site, article author and of course us lot.

grandfinale.jpg

Soldato
OP
Lot's of places saying September for Maxwell cards, with the GTX 880 coming first.

Thinking I may go Maxwell as it seems a more complete GPU, compute power is back is spades with Maxwell and performance per watt is much higher..

How many of you guys will buy a GTX 880 in Sept if it outperforms GTX 780 Ti by any margin?

bru

bru

Soldato
It will be the 870 for me probably, maybe two depending on price and the price of X99 motherboards. :)

Last edited:
Associate
I really can't see them dropping in September after nothing at Gamescom. I think they will get announced at their special event but will be aiming for November/December release.

I will pick up an 880 depending on price and performance over 780ti/870

Associate
I will be looking at them long and hard - for the 6xx series the 680 was a bit of a dissappointment when I can from the 580gtx so I went 670 SLI to compensate ;)

If the 880 is worth the premium I will definitely buy at least one, but most likely do SLI again. If the 880 isn't then it's definitely SLI 870s. If that makes sense? haha..

My primary motivator is 2gb of VRAM atm with this monitor - secondary is wanting to push 144fps :) :) :)

Soldato
I will be looking at them long and hard - for the 6xx series the 680 was a bit of a dissappointment when I can from the 580gtx so I went 670 SLI to compensate ;)

If the 880 is worth the premium I will definitely buy at least one, but most likely do SLI again. If the 880 isn't then it's definitely SLI 870s. If that makes sense? haha..

My primary motivator is 2gb of VRAM atm with this monitor - secondary is wanting to push 144fps :) :) :)

the top end card usually has a price premium that isn't justified by the actual FPS difference - with the 680/670 this was certainly true and is also true of the 780/780ti now

if they are both GM204 based it will probably be true of the 880/870 as well I would imagine

Soldato
OP
^^ Yeah I dropped down to a single R9 270, fancy moving to a single GTX 880. I think despite not being the top part, it will offer 290X/780Ti performance level possibly a bit better but with much lower power consumption, sounds ideal to me. Hopefully get some Maxwell info after AMD's event this weekend. Then have a good idea of how these new cards will perform.

Soldato
All these posts about people selling their primary cards before the launch of an unknown product and I am just sitting here with a gtx 660 and 680 that I have had to sell for over a year.

Props to those willing to take that risk and sacrifice. I'll just "wait and see"

Caporegime
If an 880 performs the same as my two 670's but with nearly half the power consumption I will be very tempted to sell up and go for a single 880.

Back
Top Bottom