• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia Geforce 'Maxwell' Thread

Soldato
OP
All these posts about people selling their primary cards before the launch of an unknown product and I am just sitting here with a gtx 660 and 680 that I have had to sell for over a year.

Props to those willing to take that risk and sacrifice. I'll just "wait and see"

I only sold my card for financial need, if I hadn't needed the money I would have kept it, Titan Black was best card I've used but ridiculously expensive :p Hopefully by the time the GTX 880 and whatever AMD put out next I'll have the funds to grab one.

Last edited:
Soldato
I only sold my card for financial need, if I hadn't needed the money I would have kept it, Titan Black was best card I've used but ridiculously expensive :p Hopefully by the time the GTX 880 and whatever AMD put out next I'll have the funds to grab one.

That is super crappy. Good luck acquiring the funds - no doubt that a bunch of other cards will come down in price on maxwell launch.

Soldato
OP
That is super crappy. Good luck acquiring the funds - no doubt that a bunch of other cards will come down in price on maxwell launch.

Picked up an MSI 780 Ti for a build, ended up liking it so much I got one for myself :p Bit naughty but couldn't resist, this card is a monster. Hopefully last me until 20nm... Oh the hardware addiction is strong :eek::D

Soldato
Picked up an MSI 780 Ti for a build, ended up liking it so much I got one for myself :p Bit naughty but couldn't resist, this card is a monster. Hopefully last me until 20nm... Oh the hardware addiction is strong :eek::D

I'm starting to struggle to wait for 8 series....those 780ti's are shiny!

EDIT: Got a small m-ATX case though, can't decide between the KFA2 blower, or the extra £50 for the Asus ROG! Hell I need to check they'd physically fit!

Last edited:
Soldato

You need a revolving door on your case boom for how often you swap hardware :)
Grats on the new toy :D

Soldato
OP
You need a revolving door on your case boom for how often you swap hardware :)
Grats on the new toy :D

I need some kind of AA meetings for hardware addiction :o

I literally can't resist a good deal on a shiny piece of hardware.. I think I may have a problem :confused:

No doubt I'll grab whatever AMD and Nvidia put out next as well :D

[ZiiP]carrot;26787264 said:
I'm starting to struggle to wait for 8 series....those 780ti's are shiny!

EDIT: Got a small m-ATX case though, can't decide between the KFA2 blower, or the extra £50 for the Asus ROG! Hell I need to check they'd physically fit!

Yeah the 780 Ti's have come down in price to the point where they are good performance for the money. Hard to resist. If you're thinking of two cards go with a blower, otherwise dual fans is really nice, can't hear this card even clocked at 1200mhz+.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah the 780 Ti's have come down in price to the point where they are good performance for the money. Hard to resist. If you're thinking of two cards go with a blower, otherwise dual fans is really nice, can't hear this card even clocked at 1200mhz+.

I don't have space for 2 cards. And like I said, need to get an idea of the length of the thing!

Caporegime
Soooo, as we all mostly expected the R9 285 is a bit of a non-event. The ball is firmly in nVidia's court now.

Should we be more optimistic for mid & high end Maxwell? Some have said nV won't be able to achieve the same power consumption gains with the bigger Maxwells as they did with the 750, but I'm not clued up enough to know why.

If the 860 is as disappointing as the 285, I will be writing to Imagination Tech to ask them to start making PC GFX cards again :p But I'm hoping the 860 will kick all kinds of arse with good power efficiency to boot. Not too much to ask is it?

Back
Top Bottom