• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia Geforce 'Maxwell' Thread

Quite far fetched. GM200 could very well have a 384bit bus however you'll only know once you know that the pin count/arrangement, socket and package are the same as with GK110

Any expectation on an 890 card being an early release, as the 690 was? If I remember correctly the 690 was released within a month or two of the 680. Given that the 890 seems to be the early/mid cards of the next gen, I wonder if they'll quickly cram two on on PCB.That will surely bring a nice performance boost over the current gen single chip cards

Any expectation on an 890 card being an early release, as the 690 was? If I remember correctly the 690 was released within a month or two of the 680. Given that the 890 seems to be the early/mid cards of the next gen, I wonder if they'll quickly cram two on on PCB.That will surely bring a nice performance boost over the current gen single chip cards

Be nice if they did release an 890 and not price it stupidly like the Titan Z :p

The GTX 690 still holds up well today, dual GM204 could be a monster, with a decent amount of vram per GPU it would have lot's of potential.

Personally want the best single GPU I can get, either from AMD or Nvidia. Titan II might be the one I go for, fully enabled Maxwell is gonna be a monster ! A Radeon with HBM on 20nm might be very tempting as well. Wish we could get off 28nm already :D Seems like we've on this node forever..

Isn't there a launch even on the 11th or was it the 13th ?

It's been rumoured that there will be a launch event in September, but there is nothing on nVidia's upcoming events page. The launch date of October is also just a rumour.

There is no actual word from nV at all. The rumours seem to be based off shipping statements and granny's tea leaf readings.

Well quite a few site have mentioned an event in mid September being held by NVidia in California.

That's because 99% of all the sites regurgitate info they found on other sites.

So as soon as one site is reporting something, within 24 hours they all are. That's how it works :p

Going to be hard to resist buying early as we know just round the corner fuller fat Maxwell's will release.. If there are 8GB GTX 880's that perform around 780 Ti / 290X level but use a lot less power I may be tempted. Otherwise I'm gonna try my best to hold out for the real deal high end stuff on a lower node next year. Tbh I think my chances of waiting are slim to none :P

Back
Top Bottom