• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

AIBs know that demand is so great that (most) people will sacrifice preferred models just to get a 3080. If ever there was motivation to get these into our hands, that's it and can see decent stock arriving end of October (holiday issues aside) based on the lag between them seeing demand and getting them distributed. Whilst I've not the foggiest about the supply chain for parts for these, they'll be moving heaven and earth to get them as this a phenomenally lucrative opportunity for them.

They may even slow down 3070 production to focus on 3080.. just saying.

I have been reading this forum for days now and I have never seen any mention at all of the Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 Gaming OC which I have on order. Is there a reason for this, why is everyone avoiding this one?

Tempted to cancel pre-order with a competitor and just get a 2060 super to tide me over until next year, am I mad? This 980TI ain't really cutting the mustard anymore.

Tempted to cancel pre-order with a competitor and just get a 2060 super to tide me over until next year, am I mad? This 980TI ain't really cutting the mustard anymore.
I nearly did something similar (though I’m without a GPU completely), but decided it’s best to wait until the end of this month at least to see how much push there is with shipments. At that point you could also attempt to order a 3070..... or perhaps AMD?

As always though, it’s up to you :p

Tweeted MSI
@msigaming @MSI_UK
Are you able to provide any concrete information regarding shipment timecales and levels/volumes of units of RTX 3080 series family cards into UK please?
I'm personally, specifically waiting on 3080 Gaming Trio X
Thanks

Reply...
Any info I give you isn't going to help really, as each retailer will have different stock levels/pre-orders etc. I can only recommend checking back at your favourite retailer as we continue to work to restock them!

So the wait continues...
I'm Q# 406
17/09/20 at 15.32
MSI Gaming Trio X

That is mad and pointless. Nothing wrong with a 980ti. I don't get the logic in changing it to a 2060 super!

Question, is the queue mail sent one time only, or will it be sent on a regular basis, like weekly?
My understanding is this will be a weekly event. fingers crossed those shipmenments cascade in to shift us all up the queue quickly so we wont need to hanker after that next email....

Back
Top Bottom