• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

I have been reading this forum for days now and I have never seen any mention at all of the Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 Gaming OC which I have on order. Is there a reason for this, why is everyone avoiding this one?

I'm at position #75, seen a few people ahead and behind that, but the lack of info from OcUk on stock movements means that knowing the position is useless until you see stuff arriving into OcUk :(

I'm at position #75, seen a few people ahead and behind that, but the lack of info from OcUk on stock movements means that knowing the position is useless until you see stuff arriving into OcUk :(
Well, I wouldn't say it is useless. If we get an email each week, at least you will have an idea of how much stock has been sent out for your card. Probably better than the odd piece of info that gibbo puts out.

I would not be so sure. Friend of a friend works in Argos and his mate will get him ps5 without any issues whatsoever. My friend did not pre order and he will get it day one, because of his connections.
You said that you’ve been pushed to the back of the queue because you don’t have any connections, which is quite different to somebody else getting a product because their mate works there. No one here is being hard done by because of a lack of connections, there are thousands of orders and we all have to wait in line. Did somebody else get a card quicker because they work at the company? Possibly! Every job has its perks.

Question, is the queue mail sent one time only, or will it be sent on a regular basis, like weekly?

As per the email.. 'we will send an update after each shipment with your new position'

So I would be expecting that no shipments of your card = no update.

Once there are shipments then there will be an update.

This can of course change :)

Seeing as I have a PC awaiting a new GPU I spent the past couple of hours cleaning it, and what a horrible job that turned out to be!! Pulling fans out to get at the other side of the blades, or radiators blocked with a really fine light grey dust is not my idea of fun! I do wonder what effect it has on airflow and cooling but it can't be good.

A worthwhile job though, which I expect everyone has to do from time to time.

I'm actually thinking of cancelling pre-order and buying a ps5, that's how bad it's getting. I just want to play Cyberpunk with raytracing when it comes out.
The consoles aren’t getting a substantial update for CP2077 until next year, which will probably include the Raytracing support. So at launch I believe they are getting a minor upgrade, perhaps 4K and a higher frame rate mode. It hasn’t been detailed yet.

My partner is 26 places behind you. it is only a couple of deliveries away. Glad to read that you have changed your mind, you will not regret it.....

My 980Ti is looking very forward to being put back on the shelf personally. However I will never be selling it as it’s something I have sentimental value with. I actually won it an an NVIDIA event. 26 years old and still the best thing I have ever won hands down. :D

I'm actually thinking of cancelling pre-order and buying a ps5, that's how bad it's getting. I just want to play Cyberpunk with raytracing when it comes out.

You may really struggle to get a PS5 on release day to be brutally honest. All pre orders have sold out as far as I’m aware and the only place you can purchase is on the bay with a very inflated price.

Back
Top Bottom