• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

guys - seems to me that comms could be better, but TBH I think OC has been stitched up by Nvidia and suppliers on this one. I want better comms, but if no stock coming in then @Gibbo can't magic it up.

In summary:

we need better comms, but people need to chill a bit ... It's only a graphics card ....

I wish people would stop using the **** excuse of 'It's only a graphics card'. Yes we're fully aware it's only a graphics card but that's not the point. The point is that there is zero information coming back to us as customers and that needs to change right now. I couldn't care less if @Gibbo puts a message everyday saying something along the lines of 'ASUS - small shipment this week. GIGABYTE - No shipment this week. MSI - No shipment this week. Zotac - Large shipment this week'. At least that would be better than what we're getting right now. We're also not asking for cards to be magically produced out of thin air but something needs to change if OCUK expect to get any of us back as customers.

hello guys anyone know how i get alerts for a FE 3070 OR 3080 ... I heard of a alert in telegram called "fe partalert " but unfortunatlly i cannot join the group for some reason .... please anyone have a solution for this ?? thanks

guys - seems to me that comms could be better, but TBH I think OC has been stitched up by Nvidia and suppliers on this one. I want better comms, but if no stock coming in then @Gibbo can't magic it up.

In summary:

we need better comms, but people need to chill a bit ... It's only a graphics card ....

it's £700. i don't know your lifestyle but to most people that's a fairly big deal.

I honestly don't understand the NEED NEED NEED, however I think bashing Gibbo who has always supported the forum dwellers is a bit much; when he clearly has been trying to give updates.
I have never been loyal to any store, it's my money and I choose carefully where to spend it.
If your genuinely not happy with the service, you know what to do

I wish people would stop using the **** excuse of 'It's only a graphics card'. Yes we're fully aware it's only a graphics card but that's not the point. The point is that there is zero information coming back to us as customers and that needs to change right now. I couldn't care less if @Gibbo puts a message everyday saying something along the lines of 'ASUS - small shipment this week. GIGABYTE - No shipment this week. MSI - No shipment this week. Zotac - Large shipment this week'. At least that would be better than what we're getting right now. We're also not asking for cards to be magically produced out of thin air but something needs to change if OCUK expect to get any of us back as customers.

Word. Some people seem to think it’s a supply issue when it’s really a communications and PR issue.

The root of all of the problems for OC come from the “oldest and best nvidia partners” act of self-fellatio that was put out here and on their Twitter. Don’t write cheques you can’t cash.

Tbf, if you are dropping £700 on something as frivolous as a graphics card you are either stupid with the little money you have or fairly comfortable for £700 to not make much of a difference.

or are part of the 95% who exist in the middle ground between those two points or can use it for work purposes.

hello guys anyone know how i get alerts for a FE 3070 OR 3080 ... I heard of a alert in telegram called "fe partalert " but unfortunatlly i cannot join the group for some reason .... please anyone have a solution for this ?? thanks

Theres plenty out there on google mate stock informer is one and c** online are good with notifications too thats how i got hold of mine

i have a friend who bought through scan and one through oc, my mate who ordered through scan sounds like the info they get is much more open, they give out numbers of stock expected numbers delivered, so people know what is happening, it helps understand if your place changing is from shipped units or people leaving the queues.

i have always ordered through oc... but my shopping habits may be changing next time

Tbf, if you are dropping £700 on something as frivolous as a graphics card and that £700 is a fairly big deal it is possible you are just being stupid with the little money you have.
Off your high horse buddy, affordable or not, it's no small amouint of money, and, having handed it over, It'd be nice to get a little customer service keeping people informed as to what's going on. seems all other suppliers of these products can, why can't OC?

Tbf, if you are dropping £700 on something as frivolous as a graphics card and that £700 is a fairly big deal it is possible you are just being stupid with the little money you have.
Whether I could afford my graphic card or not does not make £700 less of an expense. I could afford five more of these graphic cards if I really wanted to waste my money, it still makes it a fair amount of money. The only person being a little stupid with their comparison here, man, is in the mirror you look at every morning.

I honestly don't understand the NEED NEED NEED, however I think bashing Gibbo who has always supported the forum dwellers is a bit much; when he clearly has been trying to give updates.
I have never been loyal to any store, it's my money and I choose carefully where to spend it.
If your genuinely not happy with the service, you know what to do

That's the problem, @Gibbo isn't giving us updates, however you can say that I don't know. His last update was nearly a week ago and that didn't tell us anything unless you had bought a card from ASUS. How about giving everyone else an update. As I said earlier it could be as little as "MSI report no shipments until the new year. Gigabyte are telling us there will be a large shipment in 2 weeks, Zotac have fallen off the face of the earth and are not responding to requests".

Whether I could afford my graphic card or not does not make £700 less of an expense. I could afford five more of these graphic cards if I really wanted to waste my money, it still makes it a fair amount of money. The only person being a little stupid with their comparison here, man, is in the mirror you look at every morning.

Expense is relative. If I had 10k in the bank and I spent £700 of it on a graphics card it would not bother me tying up that money, if I had 1k in the bank and I spent £700 on it then that would bother me. As I said, if anyone has tied up a large percentage of their money on a graphics card then they are just being stupid. Not saying this excuses OC poor practices to date because it doesn't. I am just saying if people need their money more than a graphics card then cancel the pre order, if however it is the other way round, shut up and wait

Or you get paid far too much, have few living expenses, and don't pay enough tax. Just a thought. :rolleyes:

Definitely the first two, the joy of putting myself through school, managing my money properly from a young age and not having kids. Silly me for trying my hardest to not struggle financially.

That's the problem, @Gibbo isn't giving us updates, however you can say that I don't know. His last update was nearly a week ago and that didn't tell us anything unless you had bought a card from ASUS. How about giving everyone else an update. As I said earlier it could be as little as "MSI report no shipments until the new year. Gigabyte are telling us there will be a large shipment in 2 weeks, Zotac have fallen off the face of the earth and are not responding to requests".
The basic logic then is that there has been nothing to update?

Definitely the first two, the joy of putting myself through school, managing my money properly from a young age and not having kids. Silly me for not wanting to struggle financially.

Silly you for bragging so much about it. I guess your parents never taught you humility? Maybe you should have learned that while you were making all that money? ;)

Back
Top Bottom