• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Expense is relative. If I had 10k in the bank and I spent £700 of it on a graphics card it would not bother me tying up that money, if I had 1k in the bank and I spent £700 on it then that would bother me. As I said, if anyone has tied up a large percentage of their money on a graphics card then they are just being stupid. Not saying this excuses OC poor practices to date because it doesn't. I am just saying if people need their money more than a graphics card then cancel the pre order, if however it is the other way round, shut up and wait
Have you ever considered that what wouldn't bother *you* might, even in the same financial situation, bother someone else? Like someone could have 10k in their bank and still not being happy of spending £700 without having the goods they purchase in their hands after 60+ days because, you know, the principle of commerce is to *obtain* goods and services once you exchange money for them?
Or do you think that just because it doesn't bug you in the least then no one is allowed to feel differently? I'm asking for a friend, since I have my GPU already.

Associate
Silly you for bragging so much about it. I guess your parents never taught you humility? Maybe you should have learned that while you were making all that money? ;)
You're the one that challenged it, I never mentioned anything about my personal circumstance previously. Don't challenge a persons personal circumstance if you don't want to hear a response you might not like.

Associate
Have you ever considered that what wouldn't bother *you* might, even in the same financial situation, bother someone else? Like someone could have 10k in their bank and still not being happy of spending £700 without having the goods they purchase in their hands after 60+ days because, you know, the principle of commerce is to *obtain* goods and services once you exchange money for them?
Or do you think that just because it doesn't bug you the least than no one is allowed to feel differently? I'm asking for a friend, since I have my GPU already.

Don't waste your time with him, he's one of those folks who thinks that having money makes him right all the time, and everyone else's opinion isn't worth a damn. Ignore and move on, it's easier that way.

Associate
Definitely the first two, the joy of putting myself through school, managing my money properly from a young age and not having kids. Silly me for trying my hardest to not struggle financially.

You failed buddy, you won't know it until later in life, when you get close to the end... but you failed.

Associate
The basic logic then is that there has been nothing to update?

Hahaha, funny you should say that. There's been many cards recently that people have had stock updates of moving down 50+ places and no apparent update from him on the official post. So there's a reason people are complaining and quite rightly so. Don't even receive basic communication anymore.

And to whoever said all this will be forgotten in 6 months, I don't think so. This place will be the last place I look to buy anything from again over the other stores..

Last edited:
Associate
To be honest I'd prefer to hear from the various card manufacturer reps that post on here with news occasionally. What is the general lie of the land with the stock situation going into early next year? I'm 650 in the queue for a 3080 Eagle. How far into next year am I likely to be waiting until I get my card? Am I going to be waiting until January or February or next April or May? Gibbo and OC'ers won't know the answer to that but the Gigabyte rep would be more likely to have some sort of rough idea. How soon is it going to be until OC'ers start receiving 100 Eagle cards a week? Thats the sort of shipment numbers that would bring down queues at a realistically acceptable rate I would have thought. Its that sort of information that would be useful to know.

Associate
I honestly don't understand the NEED NEED NEED, however I think bashing Gibbo who has always supported the forum dwellers is a bit much; when he clearly has been trying to give updates.
I have never been loyal to any store, it's my money and I choose carefully where to spend it.
If your genuinely not happy with the service, you know what to do

Except he's not trying to give updates. There were close to 100 ASUS cards shipped and probably 20 EVGA cards shipped over Thurs, Fri and today, and there's been nothing.

Associate
To be honest I'd prefer to hear from the various card manufacturer reps that post on here with news occasionally. What is the general lie of the land with the stock situation going into early next year? I'm 650 in the queue for a 3080 Eagle. How far into next year am I likely to be waiting until I get my card? Am I going to be waiting until January or February or next April or May? Gibbo and OC'ers won't know the answer to that but the Gigabyte rep would be more likely to have some sort of rough idea. How soon is it going to be until OC'ers start receiving 100 Eagle cards a week? Thats the sort of shipment numbers that would bring down queues at a realistically acceptable rate I would have thought. Its that sort of information that would be useful to know.

Thing is we don't really get updates from the card reps either. It's been ages since @GIGA-Man posted an update. I'm sitting in the high 30's for an Aorus 3080 Master so I'm hoping I get the card for when Cyberpunk 2077 gets released (which could happen with one 'OK' supply in the next 2 weeks). Not knowing if that's going to happen or not is infuriating.

Associate
This is why I have given up arguing over the Internet.
1*JS_w5I_s9F6Id_Y_LAtyxQ.png

Associate
I honestly don't understand the NEED NEED NEED, however I think bashing Gibbo who has always supported the forum dwellers is a bit much; when he clearly has been trying to give updates.
I have never been loyal to any store, it's my money and I choose carefully where to spend it.
If your genuinely not happy with the service, you know what to do

Indeed, you let the business know that you are unhappy and explain why so that they have an opportunity to address your concerns. The most constructive place to do so would be the business' own forum. But, of course, there are other places where one can leave negative feedback. Is that what you had in mind?

Back
Top Bottom