• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
for my 100th post anniversary, i'll be kind to OCUK and point out at least they aren't nearly as bad as a certain orange competitor who are using shipments to fulfill orders in order of value - meaning that RRP first day buyers will be getting theirs last.

the queue might be spluttering, shipments might go missing, you might not hear anything for weeks on end, but at least there is a queue in the first place.

Last edited:
Permabanned
What numbers you hitting? I have same res and wondering what it'll average
In Black Ops max refresh rate most.of the times. Sometimes it drops to 117. Everything ultra. With ray tracing on, fps tanks to 35-50. Death stranding max refresh rate, 120. Wolfenstein ray tracing on - max refresh rate. Control, ultra and rat tracing - around 60 fps. Yeah it is awesome.modern warfare around 110 fps with ray tracing on.

Permabanned
for my 100th post anniversary, i'll be kind to OCUK and point out at least they aren't nearly as bad as a certain orange competitor who are using shipments to fulfill orders in order of value - meaning that RRP first day buyers will be getting theirs last.

the queue might be spluttering, shipments might go missing, you might not hear anything for weeks on end, but at least there is a queue in the first place.
Awful way of doing business tbh. Selling something you do not have. Overselling to customers without even setting expectations or informing new buyers that their orders wont be fulfilled till Q2 next year. Not too mention scalper prices. Other places can sell at very close to RRP prices, OCUk cant. Shocking.

Associate
Just a quick update. I took delivery of my TUF 3080 OC on Friday and it's great. I also contacted Nvidia directly to complain about the ambiguity surrounding the promotion and the lack of updates to the listings when I placed my order. They've sent me a 12 month Geforce Now subscription.

Associate
Just a quick update. I took delivery of my TUF 3080 OC on Friday and it's great. I also contacted Nvidia directly to complain about the ambiguity surrounding the promotion and the lack of updates to the listings when I placed my order. They've sent me a 12 month Geforce Now subscription.
Ahh that's cool to know. I do think they are trying it's just bloody frustrating!

Associate
I managed to snag a Gigabyte Gaming OC 3080 from a competitor on Friday, got the DPD email this morning that they're expecting to receive the package soon for delivery Thursday, but I'm still not going to cancel my MSI Gaming OC order from here until I have the competitor-sourced one in my PC and working.

I'm 130-something in the queue for the MSI Gaming OC here, so unless there's a miraculous unannounced large shipment of those cards coming into Overclockers soon, I think I'm probably safe in waiting to cancel it..

It looks like I will have, in the end, completed my upgrade (5950x + 3080) in time for Cyberpunk 2077!

Associate
Guys I'm out. Not coming back to OverClockers. I've got banned for saying " if you want to know whats coming to UK, you need to scan the web site. Got banned for using the word "scan".
Anyways I've got my second card delivered yesterday from the competitor for £100 less than what this OverChargers selling for.
Placed an order with Overclockers on 7th October and canceled on 23rd November because I've managed to get 1 from the competitor and got another 1 yesterday from the same competitor.
Stop wasting your time here. Internet is so big, if you want your card faster, then search online, sign up for discord and telegram notifications. I'm sure you can get a card within a week if you do that.
Bye and good luck

Associate
Just received a shipping email from OCUK for my 3080 IChill X4!!!! 14th in the que. They do exist, I repeat they do exist!!!

Associate
I'm close to cancelling at this point. I'm 4th in the Ventus queue but it seems an entire shipment of MSI cards never arrived as @Gibbo expected them to and there's no communication from him or overclockers at all Been 4th for 14 days now and they expected an okay amount of ventus cards 10 days ago. And with the Perfidious Albion due to fall out of the arse of the EU the last thing I want to deal with is an import tax if my card does not arrive in Ireland by Jan 1st.

At this stage too, my excitement for Cyberpunk has completely fallen away too. May as well stick to the backlog.

I am also planning on a CPU/Mobo upgrade in late 21 so I might be best to hold off and do the whole thing then

Last edited:
Associate
To be honest I'd prefer to hear from the various card manufacturer reps that post on here with news occasionally. What is the general lie of the land with the stock situation going into early next year? I'm 650 in the queue for a 3080 Eagle. How far into next year am I likely to be waiting until I get my card? Am I going to be waiting until January or February or next April or May? Gibbo and OC'ers won't know the answer to that but the Gigabyte rep would be more likely to have some sort of rough idea. How soon is it going to be until OC'ers start receiving 100 Eagle cards a week? Thats the sort of shipment numbers that would bring down queues at a realistically acceptable rate I would have thought. Its that sort of information that would be useful to know.

Same, but I reckon all AIB communications needs to be approve by @Gibbo.

anyway do you guys think he found his knob already?

Back
Top Bottom