• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Honestly. In the last month I have moved forward 110 places in the queue for a 3080 non oc strix and I'm sure the vast majority of them have been cancellations based on the stock thread

I was 1 of those that canceled think I was 236 almost 4 weeks back. I get that covid screwed a lot of this up but even so. I feel really peved at Asus for the lack of info onto why they have such a crap supply. They fobbed me of instead of saying it will be a while.

Nothing worse then sitting in a q for months and getting no info. This ain't a dig at oc BTW. I rang um 5 weeks back and was told I should see the card in Jan 2021.

I was lucky to get my hands on a 3080 trinity.

Nvidia do need to own up they launched with bloody low stock ready togo.its a shame they don't give a care

Last edited:
Associate
Have you tried the customer service forum?

Also I'm not against you asking on here but constantly spamming multiple times a day isn't going to happen, just use some discretion :)
I will give it a go tomorrow but if there no help I will be tagging gibbo and asus as they have reply to me in the past and without any better ideas

Associate
Something I really don’t understand is if Gibbo is active on other threads, how hard is it to pay this one a visit? Is he that embarrassed to even reinforce the situation and give at least some explanation on how the situation is going, even if it’s a “we’re trying this, trying that, ramping up stock, not seeing any stock coming in be patient”.
I’m a pretty laid back person, but when I see he’s commenting on a Toyota post and the AMD posts it’s infuriating. Try adding up all the poor souls waiting on orders for 30 series alone, an estimate they easily easily easily equate to millions, this is a big customer base. Where’s the 10 second out of your time?!

Associate
Something I really don’t understand is if Gibbo is active on other threads, how hard is it to pay this one a visit? Is he that embarrassed to even reinforce the situation and give at least some explanation on how the situation is going, even if it’s a “we’re trying this, trying that, ramping up stock, not seeing any stock coming in be patient”.
I’m a pretty laid back person, but when I see he’s commenting on a Toyota post and the AMD posts it’s infuriating. Try adding up all the poor souls waiting on orders for 30 series alone, an estimate they easily easily easily equate to millions, this is a big customer base. Where’s the 10 second out of your time?!
I thought the same thing my self it drives me mad to the point I where I’m thinking of posting in the Toyota thread to try to get his attention

Associate
MSI Trios just dropped in a very special place for £ 757, gone in minutes but why OCUK sells the same card for £ 829 ? Greed?

You and I don't know how much OCUK had to pay for these cards. We don't know their margin. A shop selling at a lower price may have ordered ten times as many cards as OCUK at a lower original cost, for staged delivery over 12 months. A large high street store would shift way more cards than OCUK through sheer footfall, so could order such volume.
We just don't know, we don't have the information.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
You and I don't know how much OCUK had to pay for these cards. We don't know their margin. A shop selling at a lower price may have ordered ten times as many cards as OCUK at a lower originsl cost, for staged deliver over 12 months. A large high street store would shift way more cards than OCUK through sheer footfall, so could order such volume.
Exactly :)

Associate
You and I don't know how much OCUK had to pay for these cards. We don't know their margin. A shop selling at a lower price may have ordered ten times as many cards as OCUK at a lower originsl cost, for staged deliver over 12 months. A large high street store would shift way more cards than OCUK through sheer footfall, so could order such volume.

And "Overchargers" are "official oldest nvidia partners"

Permabanned
You and I don't know how much OCUK had to pay for these cards. We don't know their margin. A shop selling at a lower price may have ordered ten times as many cards as OCUK at a lower original cost, for staged delivery over 12 months. A large high street store would shift way more cards than OCUK through sheer footfall, so could order such volume.
Wut? If OCUK go to the factory and say listen mate we have 10000 orders, we have money, factory will give them better price. After all they are the oldest and most established nvidia partner. 30 pounds more on a card times thousand of orders.....you do the math.

Back
Top Bottom