• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
for anyone that has ordered a 3080 ventus could upgrade to a different card.
For example. I am willing to pay extra if it is needed just so I can get a card this month
Me too. Been in queue position 15 for a long time now.[/QUOTE]
There are PLENTY of cards that have seen ZERO movement, the situation is the same across the board minus a few select GPUs. How do you expect them to switch everyone? there aren't enough GPUs.

Soldato
I think Gibbo said that GPU prices will increase by 25%, that will probably hit all brands, and that is a huge increase, $110 per card which means cards in the UK will £100+ RRP

With the new lockdown I just dont see things getting any better, GPUs and decent PSU's are very hard to find if that, then you got ppl going crazy to get their hands on the new consoles, what a lame start to the new year.....

Since end of 1000 series this makes average annual inflation for nvidia gpu's at around 43%.

What is the justification for the price hike?

What cost increase does nvidia have that somehow microsoft, sony and all tv manufacturers dont have, whats special about the pc market, also smartphone manufacturers dont have this hike as well.

Associate
Me too. Been in queue position 15 for a long time now.
There are PLENTY of cards that have seen ZERO movement, the situation is the same across the board minus a few select GPUs. How do you expect them to switch everyone? there aren't enough GPUs.[/QUOTE]

You are right, we are all wasting our time talking about this here, we cannot influence the situation. There are two things we can all do, wait in the queue or leave the queue, the end.

Soldato
With out meaning to agitate anyone but being sat in the que for the amp extreme, which I'm having difficulty getting Zotac to even acknowledge, let alone when it will be getting here not a single grain of sand has landed anywhere.

Atleast most of you are looking at getting your card within, given the situation a reasonable (although that really is pushing what is reasonable for something actually made in a handful minutes but we won't go into that.) time frame.

we are left in the wastes and it would be an interesting situation regarding swapping to another card as most have gone up in price, so which price would be honoured in such a situation as not being funny what I paid for the amp extreme they now sell the amp holo for and I would be beyond p****d about the situation if I get to have paid best part of £60-80 to have sat in a que for a currently none existant product to swap for that at its current price. For most of you it's not all doom and gloom just a delay. For the others I'm really not sure anymore.

I would rather be in a queue for a card at launch price then be faced with fighting for scraps at cards been sold for a grand at unannounced random times. But I guess thats just me. OCUK have already shown they will upgrade people if thats what it takes to fulfil orders, you are in a better position than most people.

Associate
Since end of 1000 series this makes average annual inflation for nvidia gpu's at around 43%.

What is the justification for the price hike?

What cost increase does nvidia have that somehow microsoft, sony and all tv manufacturers dont have, whats special about the pc market, also smartphone manufacturers dont have this hike as well.
As chip process gets smaller like 14nm -7/5 it takes longer to process and mature each die and harder to make the process as efficient as it once was hence binning cards now coming to the fore. Unfortunately at least some of that cost is only going to get passed in one direction. Plus then you have supply and demand, while demand is what it is you can pretty much charge what you want.

Also silicon prices in general and especially in the US have risen sharply in the past couple of years.

Caporegime
Me too. Been in queue position 15 for a long time now.
There are PLENTY of cards that have seen ZERO movement, the situation is the same across the board minus a few select GPUs. How do you expect them to switch everyone? there aren't enough GPUs.[/QUOTE]

The difference is that a lot of places have the ventus listed as discontinued. I've repeatedly messaged MSI and contacted them via twitter etc. but they've never replied to me to confirm.

Associate
We have 350 back orders on ASUS Dual 3070 none OC and so far only around 50 of the OC variant in stock so was waiting on more stock to arrive until I started doing upgrades but to help you guys out as your quite low in the queue I’ll try to upgrade 40-50 of the ASUS Dual 3070 none oc to the OC cards tomorrow. :)
okay thanks a lot!

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
The difference is that a lot of places have the ventus listed as discontinued. I've repeatedly messaged MSI and contacted them via twitter etc. but they've never replied to me to confirm.
The Ventus aren't dead, we are still getting them in small numbers but as I said earlier in this enormous thread, the Ventus card is MSI's system integration model. A couple of generations ago it was SI exclusive and much of the stock that we've received has been designated for our SI business (even that isn't a lot). However, because MSI aren't a focus brand for my SI business I'm able to give some stock to Gibbo at times. I was given a whopping 20pcs last month of which I was able to give 7 to those in the retail queue.

Food For thought
There are major SI's, bigger than OcUK who DO focus on MSI, in fact MSI is the core of their business and MSI rely on that business for a lot of their volume every year. So, who do you think MSI are most likely to give their Ventus cards to?

This is not a criticism of MSI, we rely on similar relationships with other brands, it's just business.

In fact, if you take it back as far as manufacturing. Say MSI are given 1000 GPU and 200 are allocated by Nvidia for the SI sector, most, if not all of which will be turned into Ventus cards. That leaves 800 for retail. If they put them on Ventus PCB they would probably make less money than if they put them on Trio PCB, so, when it comes down to splitting the retail allocation, which way do you think they might lean? This is purely hypothetical. We're not privy to this information but it's worth thinking about as it would explain a lot.

Associate
we have had some Eagles but not recently and Figabyte have still not updated me yet on what to expect but sure they will do.

As to changing to a different card / brand all together that’s not possible unless cancelling and re ordering as it’s not fair on the people in the queue for the other brand to have others just push in front and would cause further uproar.

The problem is 3080 numbers incoming are small and way way below what’s required, the yields are either poor or it’s something else.

Thanks @Gibbo for the update I am around 500 in the queue, coming from 1100 in September when I ordered. If my queue position keeps reducing at a steady rate as it has up to now I am extrapolating that I should get my ordered card by the end of February.

Do you know if you or @GIGA-Man will be in talks with gigabyte for updates on deliveries of this card anytime soon?

Associate
Thanks @Gibbo for the update I am around 500 in the queue, coming from 1100 in September when I ordered. If my queue position keeps reducing at a steady rate as it has up to now I am extrapolating that I should get my ordered card by the end of February.

Do you know if you or @GIGA-Man will be in talks with gigabyte for updates on deliveries of this card anytime soon?
He said earlier today that he’s expecting info from them later today

Associate
The Ventus aren't dead, we are still getting them in small numbers but as I said earlier in this enormous thread, the Ventus card is MSI's system integration model. A couple of generations ago it was SI exclusive and much of the stock that we've received has been designated for our SI business (even that isn't a lot). However, because MSI aren't a focus brand for my SI business I'm able to give some stock to Gibbo at times. I was given a whopping 20pcs last month of which I was able to give 7 to those in the retail queue.

Food For thought
There are major SI's, bigger than OcUK who DO focus on MSI, in fact MSI is the core of their business and MSI rely on that business for a lot of their volume every year. So, who do you think MSI are most likely to give their Ventus cards to?

This is not a criticism of MSI, we rely on similar relationships with other brands, it's just business.

In fact, if you take it back as far as manufacturing. Say MSI are given 1000 GPU and 200 are allocated by Nvidia for the SI sector, most, if not all of which will be turned into Ventus cards. That leaves 800 for retail. If they put them on Ventus PCB they would probably make less money than if they put them on Trio PCB, so, when it comes down to splitting the retail allocation, which way do you think they might lean? This is purely hypothetical. We're not privy to this information but it's worth thinking about as it would explain a lot.
So with 50 Ventus 3070’s ordered according to gibbo, does that mean all will go to retail or some will go to si too

Associate
So while Asus are being money grabbing A** - *****
And producing all the OC versions as a priority,

Are overclockers likely to be upgrading us to these cards.
Tuf Non OC to OC
or even Tuf to Gaming
Or Tuf to ROG.

I appreciate you are all doing what you can with what to have. Really hate Asus right now for punishing those who went for entry level "non OC "cards....

I know we are all in the same boat. But can you release details about how many backorders remain on each card ? I'll pay to upgrade if it means I'll get my card sooner.

@ScottiB @Gibbo

Thanks guys

Associate
One thing I'd like to ask about is, does Zotac just have zero communication about their stock? I've not been able to find any info about their 3080's during my masterful googlefu.

Back
Top Bottom