• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
We have 350 back orders on ASUS Dual 3070 none OC and so far only around 50 of the OC variant in stock so was waiting on more stock to arrive until I started doing upgrades but to help you guys out as your quite low in the queue I’ll try to upgrade 40-50 of the ASUS Dual 3070 none oc to the OC cards tomorrow. :)
by any chance do you know when you are expeting more Asus 3070 dual OC in?

Deleted member 236143

D

Deleted member 236143

We have 350 back orders on ASUS Dual 3070 none OC ... :)

350 people did the same as me then. People will mostly go for RGB cards or Strix or TUF etc. I will go for this boring old bland little card no one will want one of those.

Associate
What annoys me is within 4 months only 140 3080 ventus have been sent out while there are loads of other cards arriving and being sent to customers.
I know everyone at overclockers is trying their hardest but It is just frustrating that I see news, updates and on the updates page 50pc of multiple different cards have been sent out and there is no news at all about the 3080 ventus.
@Gibbo is there any news at all about the 3080 ventus?

Associate
What annoys me is within 4 months only 140 3080 ventus have been sent out while there are loads of other cards arriving and being sent to customers.
I know everyone at overclockers is trying their hardest but It is just frustrating that I see news, updates and on the updates page 50pc of multiple different cards have been sent out and there is no news at all about the 3080 ventus.
3080 Tuf Non-Oc guys feel your pain, we had 40+70(which was mistake) cards shipped for 4 months, my last queue updated showed me 92, so I'm expecting to be around 20-25, which may last another month or even longer lol.

Associate
3080 Tuf Non-Oc guys feel your pain, we had 40+70(which was mistake) cards shipped for 4 months, my last queue updated showed me 92, so I'm expecting to be around 20-25, which may last another month or even longer lol.

3 & half a months in and there are a good number of SKU's that have shipped less than double digit numbers of cards, pretty sure there are still some that have not had any at all. It sucks so hard. I got my order in 25mins after launch and I'm still waiting. Had I gone for the Strix OC - I'd likely have had my card back in November, but as I went Non-OC I'm still waiting. It's pretty much been a lottery on which model ordered as to how long you wait. **** poor showing from Nvidia and the AIB's. Just glad the comms from OCUK has improved.

Associate
With out meaning to agitate anyone but being sat in the que for the amp extreme, which I'm having difficulty getting Zotac to even acknowledge, let alone when it will be getting here not a single grain of sand has landed anywhere.

Atleast most of you are looking at getting your card within, given the situation a reasonable (although that really is pushing what is reasonable for something actually made in a handful minutes but we won't go into that.) time frame.

we are left in the wastes and it would be an interesting situation regarding swapping to another card as most have gone up in price, so which price would be honoured in such a situation as not being funny what I paid for the amp extreme they now sell the amp holo for and I would be beyond p****d about the situation if I get to have paid best part of £60-80 to have sat in a que for a currently none existant product to swap for that at its current price. For most of you it's not all doom and gloom just a delay. For the others I'm really not sure anymore.

Associate
I assume that a game developer could theoretically recompress textures, either on the fly, or on first run, or provide multiple texture packs (ultra, high, medium..) to fit in the available memory but if they are lazy then you have a problem.

Say you build a game around one of the most common VRAM sizes 8GB (most people dont have anything above), some of it will be allocated to textures, but other partitions of the budget will be allocated to frame buffers, vertex/indices data etc... It's a business thing. Spend enough time to make it look great, and make it run fast enough to sell without complaint, VRAM budgets enable that.

The only time usually a VRAM budget will exceed 8GB is if one of three conditions are met; either the developer didn't stick to the budget (rushing a game to market cough cyber cough punk), a resolution large enough to exceed the budget is chosen (say 8k), or there is enough available VRAM to move up to the next larger budget. I'm going to make a wild guess, but I don't think most games companies focus on budgets over 12GB, so the 24GB is mostly wasted as if you had all 3 conditions met, you'd still barely scrape 14-15gb used in big titles, Doom Eternal etc...

Interestingly on the lower end some companies more recently tend to skimp out on smaller budgets. Say you've got a 2GB dinosaur and can't boot a game due to a "not enough vram" warning, now you know why low texture packs exist.

Associate
only 140? there's only been 15 zotac trinities. Fun.

Associate
Yeah everyone seems to think having all this extra VRAM is a deal breaker. Yet the 3090 has 24GB of it Vs 10GB and is still only about 10% faster on average in most games with extra cores, bandwidth etc. 15% at the very most in a few titles. The amount of extra VRAM it has isn't that relevant in it's performance difference so I don't get the obsession with the topic. I do get why the 3090 is there, but if you're just gaming the 3090 is a terrible buy. Saying that it is marketed as that, not as a professional Titan like card.

ive seen some rendering vids 3080vs3090

the 3080 could not keep up and crashed all the time while the 3090 sailed smoothly, so im sure the 3090 can do more than just the extra 10% in performance, also when the new gen RTX games get released benchmarks will probably show a bigger margin than the now 10%

Associate
@Gibbo is there any chance for anyone that has ordered a 3080 ventus could upgrade to a different card.
For example. I am willing to pay extra if it is needed just so I can get a card this month

I know it is not the answer you want, but it feels like Gibbo already answered this one yesterday...

As to changing to a different card / brand all together that’s not possible unless cancelling and re ordering as it’s not fair on the people in the queue for the other brand to have others just push in front and would cause further uproar.

Associate

Where do you see 140 Ventus been dispatched? A lot of the queue reduction was due to cancellations...

Associate
@Gibbo Do you have an expected date for 3080 Strix OC that are "on the way"? and is this from ASUS (Factory) direct or a local distro? Just wanting an idea instead of timescale instead of spamming my emails for a shipping notification.

OcUK Staff
@Gibbo is there any chance for anyone that has ordered a 3080 ventus could upgrade to a different card.
For example. I am willing to pay extra if it is needed just so I can get a card this month

Changing orders is not possible, it is unfair to the people already waiting for the card you may wish to change too.

Our advice is to stick it out and wait, cancel your order or re-order another card and then cancel the one you don't get. But changing of orders is not possible, we still have customers waiting from the first hour of launch on 3080 for cards due to the lack of supply.

It is very sad that the volumes shipping are so low, really do hope it can improve this year. :)

OcUK Staff
@Gibbo Do you have an expected date for 3080 Strix OC that are "on the way"? and is this from ASUS (Factory) direct or a local distro? Just wanting an idea instead of timescale instead of spamming my emails for a shipping notification.

Local distributor but as of January shipments have gotten even worse, so we are finding deliveries taking longer, we are also finding air freight prices have exploded and also again struggling to source flights at present, nothing is easy or straight forward at the moment.

Associate
Gibbos update about Gigabyte allocations has got me hopeful I might see my Gaming OC soon. I think with the shipments over Christmas I'm im down to the 20s in the queue. Fingers crossed!

Associate
@Gibbo is there any chance374"]Same here. Please give us a response...
for anyone that has ordered a 3080 ventus could upgrade to a different card.
For example. I am willing to pay extra if it is needed just so I can get a card this month[/QUOTE]
Me too. Been in queue position 15 for a long time now.
Same here. Please give us a response...

Back
Top Bottom