• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
if 3080 ti does show up next month for under £1000 and some availability (pigs might fly) I might be tempted to bite. price to sell my 1080 ti has gone up a lot in the last few months so helps reduce the sting. or ill just keep waiting for Asus TUF non OC in position 404 now and it will be low cost upgrade if it does arrive one day. 4k 120 Hz screen so will make good use of the performance of either card.
Dan

Associate
Yea, it's a tough one. I am lucky that I have a decent card in my PC that I just carried over to my new PC. So I am hardly struggling. That means I can patiently wait.

Same here. The reason for my upgrade was that I needed a second machine. I decided to SLI the original rather than go TITAN at the time I built that system so I could "borrow" a GTX980 and have both machines running. It is a great card and have not had any issues running anything.

Associate
I have to admit, I generally avoid the place like the plague, but aren't there any genuine sellers on there any longer?

I had a look there today and it's weird there are listings there that look like a decent price and when you click on it they don't exist and the ones that do are way over a grand and i don't think it's morally right for people who have these cards to sell them at inflated prices with fake stories like "i just got a 3090 and that's why I'm selling this brand new 3080 i got from XYZ complete with the receipt/warranty for the fair price of eleventy five thousand shekels" even though they paid about £850 for it.

Soldato
Hi, can anyone advise? if the free game was Watchdogs Legion that was free with the 3080, will that game change to a more up to date game when we get our card?
I think that offer code expired at the end of November and I don't think they add new games so unfortunately you just lose out.

Associate
I think that offer code expired at the end of November and I don't think they add new games so unfortunately you just lose out.
I thought that would be the case, but i also thought that Nvidia would have a different offer on at the time and it would ship with another code. Wishful thinking lol. Can anyone confirm who has had a recent card delivered?

Associate
I thought that would be the case, but i also thought that Nvidia would have a different offer on at the time and it would ship with another code. Wishful thinking lol. Can anyone confirm who has had a recent card delivered?

The promos are usually there as an incentive to buy Nvidia cards, with demand being so high they don't need to worry.

Nvidia usually show current promos on their website, if there isn’t one there then it’s highly unlikely there is one.

Associate
I had a look there today and it's weird there are listings there that look like a decent price and when you click on it they don't exist and the ones that do are way over a grand and i don't think it's morally right for people who have these cards to sell them at inflated prices with fake stories like "i just got a 3090 and that's why I'm selling this brand new 3080 i got from XYZ complete with the receipt/warranty for the fair price of eleventy five thousand shekels" even though they paid about £850 for it.
As scummy as those people are, the people who give them money are worse.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
@Gibbo @ScottiB

just out of curiosity, if I paid for the 3080 via finance how is this refunded by OCUK? I was maybe thinking of using the refund to buy a chip and board. Would probably settle for a credit note as well if your systems allow for such a thing?
For an order that hasn't shipped yet. We refund the deposit and the finance is cancelled. The finance company refund anything paid to them. Finance companies can be quirky about us changing the order. I'm not actually sure what the situation with our current provider is.

Back
Top Bottom