• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I was position 9 for the 3080 Tuf OC, reading the room I tapped out last Friday and just bought a LHR version putting the extra to it just to get the damn thing as I was done waiting. I notice the price has gone up by £80 just since I bought the thing. I did get a small discount so ended up having to pay £360 over the £750 I paid last year. I do think it's a kick in the teeth OCUk not honouring are pre purchases just cuz Asus changed the bar code on the damn box, anyway you vote with your feet, I have spent 10's thousands of £ I with ocuk over the years, it has always been my favourite shop and I'd buy from them sometime even if it was more expensive, I have bought 4 or 5 full systems from them, but the GPU will be the last time I buy from them.
Just wanted to check, you do know you could have bought a 3080ti FE for less?

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
If you want to save your reputation supplying the pre-orders with LHR cards is the way to do it. I know its not a great situation and its expensive but people have been waiting patiently for a year on the understanding that when the cards were in stock they would be supplied at the price they paid. If you had said a year ago if the price goes up too much we won't supply the cards I doubt everyone would have waited this long.
save our reputation and jeopardise the company in the process? That's not really an option. We're not talking about a few customers or less than a hundred quid per customer, we're talking about many hundreds per customer and thousands of customers. Sorry, we've been open about it all, when the market price was driven high by scalping and CEX offering silly cash prices we could fund the upgrades by selling other models. Now that we are trying to get the pricing down that revenue is no longer there so we can't afford to keep funding the upgrades ourselves.

With the exception of some 3060 SKUs and a few deals which Gibbo has managed to pull off, these cards aren't getting cheaper for us to buy, in fact some have seen yet another price increase in the last month and we still have the same overheads, even if we don't have a great deal of supply.

If you genuinely believe there are no cards coming in why are you holding onto peoples money until they request a refund? surely at this point you should just refund everyone. you have decided not to upgrade to LHR I know because i have been stupid enough to pay the extra and have one that you are not longer replacing original with LHR. the only honourable thing is to admit you got it wrong and refund.
We don't have a magic 'cancel all' button, so either way it's a manual process. We'd rather customers have a conversation and look at the alternatives that we keep trying to source and then make the decision themselves, rather than the cancellation news coming via an impersonal email. Ultimately, it's only slightly more work for us this way.

There's also the issue mentioned by Gibbo a few times previously regarding Paypal, where we are unable to issue refunds automatically and those customers have to contact us.

We'll definitely get to a point where we give up waiting for the remaining customers to contact us, but until then, there's no harm in continuing to look for new options.

Last edited:
Associate
save our reputation and jeopardise the company in the process? That's not really an option. We're not talking about a few customers or less than a hundred quid per customer, we're talking about many hundreds per customer and thousands of customers. Sorry, we've been open about it all, when the market price was driven high by scalping and CEX offering silly cash prices we could fund the upgrades by selling other models. Now that we are trying to get the pricing down that revenue is no longer there so we can't afford to keep funding the upgrades ourselves.

With the exception of some 3060 SKUs and a few deals which Gibbo has managed to pull off, these cards aren't getting cheaper for us to buy, in fact some have seen yet another price increase in the last month and we still have the same overheads, even if we don't have a great deal of supply.

We don't have a magic 'cancel all' button, so either way it's a manual process. We'd rather customers have a conversation and look at the alternatives that we keep trying to source and then make the decision themselves, rather than the cancellation news coming via an impersonal email. Ultimately, it's only slightly more work for us this way.

There's also the issue mentioned by Gibbo a few times previously regarding Paypal, where we are unable to issue refunds automatically and those customers have to contact us.

We'll definitely get to a point where we give up waiting for the remaining customers to contact us, but until then, there's no harm in continuing to look for new options.

Sounds awfully like a bait and switch strategy to me, at this point you are saying on one hand that the products ordered are no longer available yet expect to hold onto peoples money until they chase you! In no industry is this acceptable.

Associate
Decided to take one of the Gibbo LHR offers. Was near the front of the queue for the EVGA Black, but the situation is too dire, and the offer was too tempting to not put the extra cash down. Good luck to those still in the queue, can't tell you to do the same as me, but I can tell you I'm not disappointed at-all with the card. Photo below as you can see it's a pretty hefty upgrade coming from what I had.

Last edited:
Associate
Decided to take one of the Gibbo LHR offers. Was near the front of the queue for the EVGA Black, but the situation is too dire, and the offer was too tempting to not put the extra cash down. Good luck to those still in the queue, can't tell you to do the same as me, but I can tell you I'm not disappointed at-all with the card. Photo below as you can see it's a pretty hefty upgrade coming from what I had.

Nice! enjoy your card :) is that the OC version? I'm waiting to change to the ASUS TUF 3080 LHR non OC (when its back in stock) myself

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Sounds awfully like a bait and switch strategy to me, at this point you are saying on one hand that the products ordered are no longer available yet expect to hold onto peoples money until they chase you! In no industry is this acceptable.
it's nothing of the sort and you're just trying to be inflammatory now.

You're right, the cards originally ordered are pretty much done & dusted but we're constantly working on sourcing more stock of alternative cards which we can offer to customers at better than website pricing. It's no advantage to us to hold on to the money, until the order is complete it's not liquid capital and it sure as hell doesn't earn interest in this day & age. It's just a number on a balance sheet for our accounts team to stare at.

As far as Paypal is concerned, we're not in control of that. If Paypal customers want to cancel they have to contact us. The option to auto-refund them is no longer open to us and obviously Paypal don't give us customer bank details.

I'm glad that you are happy with it. It's good to hear a bit of positive news.

Associate
So glad I left the que last year and did the step up now the proud owner of a 3090 FTW3 had it two months and cost less than 3080s are selling for now.

hat off to all the guys who still I’n the que you where braver than me and I get your all pretty riled up but hell just cancel pay the difference and grab a card and enjoy your hobby once more.

think gibbo has been a legend through all this trying to get every one sorted and pulled some amazing deals out the hat.

but nvidia and the board partners ****** us this year so try not to blame Overclockers to much.

Associate

brilliant card! I have a tuf oc 3080 non lhr and it is a beast, I was one of the lucky ones who got one just as everything went totally crap, still waited nearly 10 months, I hope you enjoy your new card! I have no complaints and although the ti version is out now, to be honest there's not a lot in it, either way looks like it was a major upgrade to what you have in your photo.:p

Associate
So glad I left the que last year and did the step up now the proud owner of a 3090 FTW3 had it two months and cost less than 3080s are selling for now.

hat off to all the guys who still I’n the que you where braver than me and I get your all pretty riled up but hell just cancel pay the difference and grab a card and enjoy your hobby once more.

think gibbo has been a legend through all this trying to get every one sorted and pulled some amazing deals out the hat.

but nvidia and the board partners ****** us this year so try not to blame Overclockers to much.
Good to hear, your comments ring true, will not forget how we were **** on by various companies ie msi for one for the x-z fiasco nvidia for seriously ******* things up and strictly controlling their feed to miners and pooing on loyal customers, certainly made me think about my future purchases, can't thank ocuk, @Gibbo and @ScottiB enough for their amazing efforts to sort out the mess they were left in, hope your loving your 3090!:)

Associate
Hi all, so i'm a bit late to reading these forums. i've only been reading the emailed queue positions.

i have a "Asus GeForce RTX 3080 ROG Strix Gaming OC 10GB GDDR6X" on order, have i read correctly that regardless now of how long i wait, i'm not going to get my order due to them not being supplied by manufactures at all now?

If so what options do i have, none or only upgrade costs for a different product.

Sorry if i'm asking the obvious but i am struggling to understand some of the announcements and the comments made here.

Man of Honour
Your options are, get a refund and try and get a FE model when they drop on Nvidia's website (other cards and other websites are also available)
Or go for one of the upgrades in Gibbo's post here

You can also post in the customer service section of the forum with your order number and ask them if they can upgrade you to another item in stock.

Although bear in mind that I tried to get a similar discount on an existing product as Gibbo was offering (approx £200 off) and they wouldn't match it. Guess it just for the select models that they have stockpiled when they could buy them cheaper.

Last edited:
Associate
Very nice. Wow didn't realise how big/bulky these cards are, but next to that 1070 it shows. I've still got the 970 GTX which I got here in 2015 when OCUK had a good deal for £249.99! Still can't believe that price. Hopefully, something budges soon - an upgrade is much needed.

Associate
happy anniversary lads :D
is ocuk basically saying to me : You wont get your asus tuf 3080 that you've order over a year ago, we can offer you inferior product (lhr version) if you pay additional 50% (300+)?

I think anyone whos currently in the queue deserve some special forum status or an extra packet of harribos with each order.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom