• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
i was split between that lian li case or the cooler master td500, went for the latter as that was the only one i could find in stock.

Associate
See this is so odd to me, I ordered a Gigabyte Eagle 4 mintues after you but im 370ish in my queue. The TUF was much more popular so this just doesn't make sense. From the spreadsheet LastOf kindly compiled you can see there was almost as many orders for the eagle in a 10 minute window between 15.09 and 15.19 as the entire first 2 hours for the most popular card the Tuf. (170ish Eagles in 10 mins vs 190ish Tufs in 2 hours)

Literally every other card has a smooth progression of cards ordered per minute except the Eagle. 20% of its total orders to date came in a 15 minute window. I fully understand there would've been a spike anyway because the website began working at 15.00 for most people but why is the spike for the eagles literally 10 times bigger then any other GPU?

Kinda makes me think that the swaps, that were allowed for weeks and only allowed if moving to a cheaper card, were all to the Eagle as it had lower total orders then the other "MSRP" cards.

If you take a look back at the graphs I made from the unofficial queue spreadsheet's data before the official queue came out, especially the first 3 hours tab, it might make more sense.

The TUF was not all that popular at first. Likely due to the bad reviews of previous generations. The popular ones were the Gaming Trio, Eagle and Ventus. But then, by the second or third time the site started working again, when the good reviews for the TUF were out, it started picking up speed. Between its early good reviews, and then the capacitor theory on cards that were having issues, the TUF kept selling when the others had slowed down.

The popular cards I suspect are the ones that had ETAs in the first week or so, since many people didn't understand they were first stock delivery etas, not etas for their order.

Associate
If you take a look back at the graphs I made from the unofficial queue spreadsheet's data before the official queue came out, especially the first 3 hours tab, it might make more sense.

The TUF was not all that popular at first. Likely due to the bad reviews of previous generations. The popular ones were the Gaming Trio, Eagle and Ventus. But then, by the second or third time the site started working again, when the good reviews for the TUF were out, it started picking up speed. Between its early good reviews, and then the capacitor theory on cards that were having issues, the TUF kept selling when the others had slowed down.

I noticed this right away using the table. Gave me hope before we got the queue positions. I was around 780 in the unofficial queue and 153 in the official. I ordered at 16:53. Expected worse.
Now hopefully we actually get some non TUF in soon !

Associate
Which line appears to be moving quickest / has the shortest queue. I ordered a Asus tuf non OC and last Friday I was 1884. will have ran out of PayPal interest free credit before it turns up :confused::rolleyes:
I'm in the same queue. I think our Asus rtx 3080 is aging. The longer you wait the better will come .
I think i will manage to pay back all the PayPal finance before I will get the GPU. No queue update since last email with official placement. Really not happy with it, but no other option than waiting.

Associate
That’s 7 , I dropped the same as you into double figures so it shows they got 7 cards in, some dropped more higher up the list, indicating those in front of them cancelled their orders.
Yes, but some lower in the queue dropped by 8 and others at the front only dropped by 6. Very odd. Either way, still a good old wait ahead it seems... :D

Associate
As a Palit boi im praying people saying that there is some Palit cards coming in tomorrow is either enough for my queue position 73 is gunna get one. Or atleast bring me really low in the queue

Hi, I haven't received any queue number email so I'm not sure what my queue number is. I see you are number 73. Could I ask what your order number is? Mine is OC40345**. That would give me an idea of my position. THANK YOU

By the way I ordered a Palit non oc

Associate
image0-2.jpg
That looks pretty swish actually!! Very impressive ;)

Permabanned
As a Palit boi im praying people saying that there is some Palit cards coming in tomorrow is either enough for my queue position 73 is gunna get one. Or atleast bring me really low in the queue
I spoke to them and they did not seem confident that oc would receive any with this drop, if they do i think it will be a very small amount. This is a total mess, to be in a que of less than 100 and having to wait 3+ weeks just shows how little prepared they were for this release. For information i am number 49 but i do not expect to see anything from oc for a long while i think we are been played a bit by this company who just wants to hold on to those pound notes as long as they can

Associate
I spoke to them and they did not seem confident that oc would receive any with this drop, if they do i think it will be a very small amount. This is a total mess, to be in a que of less than 100 and having to wait 3+ weeks just shows how little prepared they were for this release. For information i am number 49 but i do not expect to see anything from oc for a long while i think we are been played a bit by this company who just wants to hold on to those pound notes as long as they can

Well I actually ordered a non-OC. So if they say theyre unsure of the OC im hoping I could get my card by the end of October

Associate

Yeah it actually does make more sense now, thanks.

Ah well, guess I'm just gonna have to accept i backed the wrong horse when placing my bet on which GPU I'd could get before CP2077.

Sad thing is that i wanna be done with searching this thread and the web for info and just relax and let it turn up when it turns up but the whole uncertainty of the stock situation and a very small chance it actually turns up soon keep me coming back.

Back
Top Bottom