• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
First post... been lurking in the forums since I ordered on the 17th.
I'm 75th in the Strix OC queue.
In no rush to get the card, I've managed with my 1080 until now.
But it has been annoying not hearing anything official while other competitors are shipping cards out. :(

Soldato
First post... been lurking in the forums since I ordered on the 17th.
I'm 75th in the Strix OC queue.
In no rush to get the card, I've managed with my 1080 until now.
But it has been annoying not hearing anything official while other competitors are shipping cards out. :(

Yeah, it's not the greatest, that's for sure.

Associate
Long time lurker, first time poster here I have a Gigabyte OC pre-order (163 in queue).

Gibbo stated earlier in the week that:

"We shipped a small amount of the following RTX 3080 cards to customers yesterday. MSI Ventus 3X OC, Gigabyte Aorus Master, Gigabyte Vision OC, Gigabyte Gaming OC, Asus TUF Gaming OC. The following small amount of RTX 3090 cards also shipped to customers yesterday. Asus TUF Gaming OC and MSI Ventus 3X OC".

It does not appear that updates for any Gigabyte OC queue dwellers have been sent out...I would hope that they are expecting more in today/shipping today hence no update...

Unless I am mistaken of course any of the other 162 Gigabyte OC queue dwellers had a queue update please?

Im 8th on the Que and so far its complete silence no update or shipments.

5th in the Que is here aswell and didnt got his so theres that....

Associate
Ok boys cancelled the order with OC for my Asus TUF, so anyone over 1041 just jumped up in the queue by one, congrats LOL. Not willing to wait until January for a card that has been paid for, will rely on competitors who only take the money out when shipped, will never purchase from overclockers again, but I shall miss the discourse here I suppose.

Good luck everyone.

Associate
It would be nice if Gibbo could tell us what he is doing each and what suppliers are saying. Providing updates each day. Try and instill some faith in the customers that OC are doing the best they can and its the suppliers that are causing an issue in this particular case. As mentioned other retailers are getting big batches of stock. Why are you not?

Seems to me both retailers and suppliers are more concerned about saving their own reputations and scared of putting pressure on eachother with statements with fear of losing business. This is going to result in losing a lot of repeat business in future. This is my first time ordering anything wit OC and i highly doubt I will use them in the future.

Make your business stand out from the competition. Lack of info seems to be across the board. Be the difference. Nvidia has put businesses in this predicament by not allowing preorders until the release date. Quite obviously to cause what has happened now, to cause a massive spike in demand. It makes business sense but is unethical when all the businesses are sitting there with millions in their accounts and the consumers with no products. With these batches at this rate its going to take 6 months for me to get my card. Allow me to make a decision by being honest with realistic timeframes. If we choose to cancel based on these it's our right, but don't keep us in the dark in order to keep our money.

If AMD can provide high supply in Big Navi im jumping ship straight away and Nvidia have lost a 20 year customer.

Associate
Im 8th on the Que and so far its complete silence no update or shipments.

5th in the Que is here aswell and didnt got his so theres that....

Thanks for that my dude...If they have shipped a few like he stated I am a bit ticked off that we have not had an update to our queue places as others have...Like I said I hope it's because they are expecting more in today and are holding off but somehow I doubt that very much...

Associate
LOL so as someone who's purchased a TUF 3080 yesterday, the expected delivery time is January?! Hahaha, how do I cancel my order, again?

edit: called support, on hold for 20 mins then they solved my issue immediately!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom