• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Soldato
@Gibbo appreciate you're busy, any idea when you're going to get Zotac Amp Extreme 3080's in?

I pre ordered almost immediately after they were listed and haven't heard a thing regarding any sort of ETA. Only that I'm number 7 in the queue.

@EVH could you assist at all with this?

Holding onto £800+ of my money for a product that there is not eta for seems a tad unfair and frankly poor.

I've been a long term ocuk customer but this experience will certainly be influencing my future choice of retailer.

Soldato
I've cancelled my order for the TUF non OC, I didn't realise there was no shipments of this card coming to the UK. Now I do, no point keeping the order, Queue positon 1559, not moved since Sept, no point.

Associate
Certainly those trustpilot reviews show damage is being done to their reputation. They need to fix this, and they need to fix it now.

Last thing we need is for people to stop ordering other things and they go under (taking our preorder money with them!)

In the short term I'm sure it's fine, but I worry about the people that are going to have their money locked up here for maybe months. What state will this business be in then?

They can fix this, but they need to do so fast.

Associate
Me waiting after they said production would start to ramp in October and it's now the 14th and nothing has been done.
giphy.gif

This is probably a big premature. Availability should increase by the end of the month or early November.

Tech YouTuber Moore's Law is Dead predicted the current situation back in early September when nvidia had just announced and temporarily in everyone's good graces:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxtfNcm45xk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmbvUK93npo

It may be tinfoil hat stuff but, thus far, availability has matched his predictions. By being the only UK retailer to continue to take pre-orders, OCUK seem to be betting on a surge in availability in the future.

Associate
Hopefully wont get banned etc for linking this.

Overclockers latest Trustpilot reviews not good nor Overclockers Copy/Paste response syem to the reviews imo.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.overclockers.co.uk

A lot of mad people there, but the thing is that a lot of those complaints are only 1 side of the story. They talk about competitors halting pre-orders due to the supply problem and this being the right thing to do. But some of us are happy to put down the cash up front and wait in a queue, at the end of the day if your primary goal is get the hardware as fast as possible then you want to be in a queue and stay in said queue, and cancelling or moving to competitors or whatever is only going to make your wait longer. You don't want to be in a hardware lottery where you have to beat out thousands of other people camping the stores and sniping the stock as it comes in, you will not get your card faster that way. And even then these other stores aren't going to re-list the cards to buy until the current queues are finished.

Where I do agree there's a problem is in the communication, one of single most important things when dealing with people is managing expectations. If you tell someone up front when ordering that there's a huge queue which is moving slowly and realistically you're getting delivery the other side of Xmas. Then people can then make an informed decision to buy or not and if they end up in the queue knowing realistically where they stand, they have no cause for complaining. If they aren't informed before/when ordering then they go into the queue with some random expectation in their mind of when they might get it, maybe that's a few days or few weeks but that's what people do when they don't have the information. They set their own expectations often arbitrarily and eventually those are violated when they learn the truth, and it's that disparity that leads them to be mad.

This is like...people 101...take the same average person, they want product X, product X isn't going to be in their hands for 3 months. Scenario 1 you tell them to pre order with no information. Scenario 2 you set their expectations correctly up front. The same person, the same product, the same wait, but 1 scenario ends in severe rage and the other they're happy as Larry.

You could just have a big obvious warning on the product pages saying the product doesn't expect to ship realistically until 2021 and avoid this mess.

Associate
I've cancelled my order for the TUF non OC, I didn't realise there was no shipments of this card coming to the UK. Now I do, no point keeping the order, Queue positon 1559, not moved since Sept, no point.

Has this been confirmed anywhere ? Cause last I see Asus themselves said that all cards were in production at the same time ?

Associate
So this is confirmed, then? Where did you hear this? I'd like to know too....

Associate
The answers are copy and paste.
A personal touch would be good.

You're right mate you would think with all those bad reviews about their communication the least they could do is make an effort to reply to each complaint, they are showing the world the reviews are correct

Soldato
For the record there is nothing official, but it seems a lot of people are saying it, and this is due to the fact the OC version is the same core but makes more money so they're prioritizing that. Now hearing that in combination with the fact that since 23rd Sept my queue position of 1559 hasn't moved at all, kind of confirms this. So you don't have to believe it, but chances are you might as well cancel the Non OC order, order something else, or wait for the 3080 20gb or Big Navi.

Associate
OcUK has a Discord?
Yes, although I wouldn't recommend it for obvious reasons. Think I found it on one of their facebook posts as they run contests in there from time to time.

To be fair most staff have actually been alright in there, it's just the one CS rep who might've gotten a bit power hungry or something

Associate
Sounds like people making up toss just to get the TUF queue moving. I wouldn't worry until you get an official confirmation from, you know, the people that make them!

Back
Top Bottom