• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
These might be stupid questions but there aren't many places I can get this information. I'm waiting to see if I would get an Asus Strix OC from this delivery.

How does this work? Do I get an email that my product will be shipped or just have it suddenly delivered at my house? (asking this as it is midday and no update yet :( ) I am position 33 and was hoping to get one with this small + very small stock.
Will there be a queue update along with the shipment they mentioned?
Did anyone get a grasp of what small & very small stock means?
You'll get a shipping email like you would buying anything online. As far as we know only the very small stock has shipped, not the small stock yet, but it will be today apparently
If you don't get a shipping email, you should get a queue update email to tell you what position you're in... apparently. I'm waiting for one too, I'm in 247 for the Strix OC
Very small is around 3-5, small is around 10-15 I think

Associate
You'll get a shipping email like you would buying anything online. As far as we know only the very small stock has shipped, not the small stock yet, but it will be today apparently
If you don't get a shipping email, you should get a queue update email to tell you what position you're in... apparently. I'm waiting for one too, I'm in 247 for the Strix OC
Very small is around 3-5, small is around 10-15 I think

Thanks for the reply!
Stock of 10-15 is a joke imo :(

Associate
Are you deluded? "To get the queue moving" , given the quantities coming in even if it was moving it's still going to take an age.

Use a bit of common sense instead of making up make believe to believe you're getting a TUF anytime soon.

By my math on big queues like the MSI ones, a lot of people (those closer to the back of the queue) are moving more places in the queue due to order cancellations than due to stock moving. Between the last 2 queue updates we had the people at the front move about 50 places which suggest approximately 50 cards shipped that week. But by position 300 you'd moved 60 places, by 400 you'd moved 70 places, etc. So those people around position 600-700 are moving almost twice as fast as those at the front just due to cancellations.

No accusations here but if you were in the queue and savvy you'd post here claiming you'd cancelled your order to foster an atmosphere that might encourage others to do so, in order to shift the queue. If we can expect 50 cards per week as an estimate and your queue shifts +50 people like it did for a lot of people in the MSI queue then you're getting your card a week sooner than if no one had cancelled.

Queue position please, can you email everyone with their updated queue positions as we not had a follow up email since the last one 2 wks ago! @Gibbo

Keep in mind these only go out after some stock has shipped, usually 24-48 hours after from what we've been able to measure. So the simple answer is the queue hasn't moved substantially, maybe a bit due to cancellations ahead of you.

Associate
As my thread was just instantly closed, does anyone know why OcUK are still happy to take preorders despite the huge backlog and the very little stock coming in?
Greed imho
Hopefully wont get banned etc for linking this.

Overclockers latest Trustpilot reviews not good nor Overclockers Copy/Paste response syem to the reviews imo.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.overclockers.co.uk
Ouch. Its a shame more people (myself included) dont check there before buying. Funnily enough when i ordered from a competitor that was the first thing i did after being burned here lmao
A lot of mad people there, but the thing is that a lot of those complaints are only 1 side of the story. They talk about competitors halting pre-orders due to the supply problem and this being the right thing to do. But some of us are happy to put down the cash up front and wait in a queue, at the end of the day if your primary goal is get the hardware as fast as possible then you want to be in a queue and stay in said queue, and cancelling or moving to competitors or whatever is only going to make your wait longer. You don't want to be in a hardware lottery where you have to beat out thousands of other people camping the stores and sniping the stock as it comes in, you will not get your card faster that way. And even then these other stores aren't going to re-list the cards to buy until the current queues are finished.

Where I do agree there's a problem is in the communication, one of single most important things when dealing with people is managing expectations. If you tell someone up front when ordering that there's a huge queue which is moving slowly and realistically you're getting delivery the other side of Xmas. Then people can then make an informed decision to buy or not and if they end up in the queue knowing realistically where they stand, they have no cause for complaining. If they aren't informed before/when ordering then they go into the queue with some random expectation in their mind of when they might get it, maybe that's a few days or few weeks but that's what people do when they don't have the information. They set their own expectations often arbitrarily and eventually those are violated when they learn the truth, and it's that disparity that leads them to be mad.

This is like...people 101...take the same average person, they want product X, product X isn't going to be in their hands for 3 months. Scenario 1 you tell them to pre order with no information. Scenario 2 you set their expectations correctly up front. The same person, the same product, the same wait, but 1 scenario ends in severe rage and the other they're happy as Larry.

You could just have a big obvious warning on the product pages saying the product doesn't expect to ship realistically until 2021 and avoid this mess.
what and take less orders lol. At this point all the queue guarantees anybody is that they will get a card....ONE DAY. It might be this year but unless you're <100 or things improve you wont see anything till next year.

we all agree that not enough is being done with regard to comms especially considering they're holding onto a fair chunk of our change right now.
I thought people with multiple 3080 orders were being forced to pick one? Has that rule changed?
tell tale lmao! :p

Associate
Hah! Nah, if we're allowed multiple orders I want to order one of each and see which arrives first.
IF you were allowed multiple orders ask yourself "would i really want to risk another order with OC?" - If i was playing that game i'd order from multiple etailers and then cancel the orders that didn't come first. Putting all your eggs into one basket, risking a ban and possible order cancellation at the same time doesn't seem like a smart choice to me

Soldato
IF you were allowed multiple orders ask yourself "would i really want to risk another order with OC?" - If i was playing that game i'd order from multiple etailers and then cancel the orders that didn't come first. Putting all your eggs into one basket, risking a ban and possible order cancellation at the same time doesn't seem like a smart choice to me

Well, yeah. That's why I haven't done it. I'm happy to stick with the rules the retailers have, but if they said no rules and it's a free for all. I'd order one of each from every retailer that allows pre-orders. As it is, I have my one order at OCUK and I'm monitoring other sites with Distil.

Associate
For anyone who was concerned about the TUF NON OC. I’ve just been told on the ASUS diy pc group on Facebook that the mod, who works for ASUS and is the guy that said the non oc strix isn’t being produced for North America at least, has said the OC version of the TUF is binned.
This means the rumour of end of life is a lot of rubbish and means they won’t be prioritising the OC version. Hopefully we see a delivery within a few weeks.

Associate
I'm number 1 in queue for a palit 3080 oc and I haven't received anything yet. Either they send out emails later on today or we get the email tomorrow. I'm hopin it's here for Friday so I can play the cold war beta.

I'm 4th for the non-oc version and haven't heard anything either. I'm guessing they may not update the order tracking until later today or tomorrow depending when the delivery comes in.

Associate
You know why they not give us clear information about stock ?
Because most ppl make cancellation preorders and they scare this a lot £££ thats why silent from OCUK

Thats true - its all about making the most money they can from us mugs. If they gave proper information a lot of people would cancel and hence OC lose out. This is why people have been banned for even mentioning competitors even though in reality they may lose one or 2 sales if someone bought elsewhere. Its not as if any competitor will have enough stock to make any difference to OC.

Back
Top Bottom