• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I'm pretty out of touch with this whole 3080 situation, I assumed it was a 4-8 week problem and since I wasn't in the market for a new card I didn't pay attention.

Now I am in the market for a new card and want the TUF OC 3080 I came to have a look around.

Seeing some worrying info from Nvidia CEO saying shortages will continue into 2021 and info on here saying March/April for new orders, is there any truth to this? Is it worth ordering at all? Or just come back in 3 months time?

Much appreciated.
It's now only worth ordering a less popular card or a newer released variant.

Associate
K8j4ETxsSVq9pLKb8
finally the cue moved up 140 places for the strix card
When did you get your queue update?

Associate
So it would be nice for a member of management @Gibbo to address the mess up with the 3080 x trio's yesterday.

The person who was 12th in queue got a despatch email yesterday why was this when people in the queue in places 4 and 5 did get anything?? We know this happened as they popped up in the forums to ask why they hadn't got an email as they were lower in the queue. Then we all got the queue update email, This left 4th and 5th in the same positions which is odd. My position was 29th and I went down to 23rd.

Please can someone explain this to the forum as we are all getting very annoyed with the rubbish customer service we are getting.

Seems like a fair question, but posting on the CS forum is probably the best way to get an answer.

I hope it isn't something simple like having something else on the order along with the 3080, that wasn't in-stock at the moment...

Associate
Seems like a fair question, but posting on the CS forum is probably the best way to get an answer.

I hope it isn't something simple like having something else on the order along with the 3080, that wasn't in-stock at the moment...

I can’t believe some people here joined the forum before I even existed. 2002? I was floating around in my dads balls then!!

Associate
It's now only worth ordering a less popular card or a newer released variant.

Thanks for the advice, guess I'll wait to see what November brings in terms of alternatives and stock changes for the 3080's.

Failing that I can always wait to see what what the rumoured 20GB 3080 variant looks like price wise in December (though I'd be surprised if they announced it whilst they are struggling to even fulfill orders for the 10GB version).

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks for the advice, guess I'll wait to see what November brings in terms of alternatives and stock changes for the 3080's.

Failing that I can always wait to see what what the rumoured 20GB 3080 variant looks like price wise in December (though I'd be surprised if they announced it whilst they are struggling to even fulfill orders for the 10GB version).
If they're going to use TSMC 7N or 7N+ node then chip-wise there will be none, assuming TSMC have spare allocation for new contractors, because someone far they've been buried with deals and work with no end. It will solely depend on the card manufacturers and their production capacity.

Man of Honour
And to ANYONE thinking OCUK's customer service is bad. NVIDIA STORE was like HOLD MY BEER OCUK/everyone else. Long story short had 3080 fe in basket but wuith storemessup it checked me out 2080 super and emailed ORDER CANCEL literary 1 minute after got emial confirmation of order and it came up as 2080.
It took WHOLE MONTH to get money back from them. I'd rather have poor ZOTAC than deal with NV store ever again. Hope this does not classyfy as competition mentioning Not like NV will sell any more of FE cards.
4735d9e6e1a66c800fdb0c524aefad2e232eb967.png

@Kaapstad You ware not Joking... worst CS EVER !!!! You managed to find any cards ??

Not been able to get any cards yet but I can wait.

As time goes by more interesting options come along so it is not a disaster at all.

May even see an Ampere Titan on 7nm TSMC in the new year.

I found since cancelling, my stress levels went down loads. No more being wound up by these garbage updates from OC. Now I'm just using my 5700XT till things go back to normal. Plus I'd rather have my £700 in MY account.

I am frustrated with the situation, but I am not stressed about it more than that.
£700 is a drop in the ocean to what I spend each year.
As long as my 3080 is stuck in limbo with OCUK I will not place anymore orders with them.

Zen 3.... not from here unless I get my 3080 before the 5th.

Vote with your wallet.

Associate
I was born in 1979 and I feel 20 still (in my mind only lol). Time flies, enjoy your youth. 2002 was yesterday. I think was rocking a GeForce 4 then.

Life before computers, the internet, mobile phones, CDs

I even remember life before decimalisation and when we were told to "wear protection" it was not a mask.

Yet today my daughter gets her Palit 3080 (from elsewhere), it turns out I am still good for something.

Now GET OFF MY LAWN!

Back
Top Bottom