• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
You've already been charged the shipping.
the least they can do is refund peoples postage imho. They removed mine already to correct a price as they couldn't apparently amend the actual amount for the card. It proves they can do it easily. refunding a few forum members when courier costs half what they're charging seems like a no brainer to me if they want to keep a little goodwill but i've been here long enough to know its unlikely to happen :(
Eagle 3080 You are currently in queue position 135. 148 at the start so they have had 13 in a month.
no thats cancellations when giga-man informed us of 2 week delay. other than the initial stock they've not taken any in (that we know of)

Any Ok shipments of nothing this weekend?
nope it was a dream amount of nothing this weekend. It's the only time we're likely to see a dream amount of anything other than desperation & dissapointment :p

Associate
Because every AIB is using Foxconn !

There's no evidence to support a shortage of GPU chips from Nvidia, however GPU cards are not the only ones affected here, Microsoft new Xbox launch is in exactly the same position with all preorders sold out and no ideas as to when any new stock might be available. Nvidia don't make the GPUs for Xbox, Foxconn are the board assemblers

You keep saying there's no evidence of a shortage of Chips while not providing any evidence to back up your own claims

Associate

There's no evidence to support a shortage of GPU chips from Nvidia, however GPU cards are not the only ones affected here, Microsoft new Xbox launch is in exactly the same position with all preorders sold out and no ideas as to when any new stock might be available. Nvidia don't make the GPUs for Xbox, Foxconn are the board assemblers
Foxconn has 35 manufacturing plant which 29 of them are located in Mainland China. Jesus, people stop repeating the same bs all over again. Apple is not using the same facility as Asus, MSI and others.

Foxconn during march where they were forced to reduce their production capacity to 50% have had less problems with shortages than now when it's working on full steam a head.

Nvidia has 3 tier binning system for their chips, they has to produce sufficient amount of them to even think of shipping it out. Add to this that Nvidia in itself is an AIB with Founders Edition cards.

And console shortages are mainly related to the fact that every thing AMD ralated (expect for 12nm Global Foundries I/O chip for Zen 2) is made in TSMC.
No one has 7N node (let alone more mature 7N+)
GloFo ****** up, Intel too (again) and their nodes aren't coming in near future.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/i...m-processors-now-one-year-behind-expectations

Tom's hardware should change title for this publication - it's more like 6 years behind expectations.

Even if Intel magically pulled itself together they wouldn't be manufacturing anything outside of their own products.

GloFo for past few years was a shadow of itself.

Associate

They have their own factory, why they use Foxcom to produce their products ?

Associate
I had a 1080 ti before I sold it. 2070 super goes for around 450 new any lower or equal to and the 1080ti trumps all. I went for a blower 1080 ti, cleaned it up for future resale and threw my G12 back on. I went 1080 ti because i knew what I was getting for 300 pounds. It’s the only card worths its price until my 3080 comes. Heck the 1080ti was always the best option before the 3080 was announced...(forgetting any RTX hoplaar)
Bang on, I gave my 1080ti to my pops as I built him a pc.. Then microsoft launched the new flight sim, well his old 1060 wouldn't cut it... I bought a 2080 super presuming it was the same (it is) but I should have grabbed another 1080ti, for the money it's still a monster. The 20 series was all guff. Really can't wait for the real 20 series.... The 30 series. Oh my pops can keep the 1080ti...it beasts flight sim in 1080p with all options on high... He's a very happy chappy.

Back
Top Bottom