• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Well looks like I'm in it for the long hall ( very long hall)

MSI VENTUS ORDERD AT 21.37
17TH SEP ( AFTER 6 HRS OF CHECKOUT SCREEN CRASHES )
POSTION 562

Maybe ill get to see us reach 1000 pages after all!

Soldato
It was a logic change on the way the boost clock is implemented. I don't think nVidia will ever give specifics on that, but I've heard of this driver fix too.

Thanks for going some way to clarify.

So would it be fair to say this fix is essentially a software side step to cover bad hardware design? I ask because there's a tonne of videos regarding capacitors on these cards, with various tear downs explaining they are sub standard for a variety of reasons.

Associate
Also cancelled my Strix OC. Queue position 259, ordered at launch date at 14:58.
Not mad at anyone, not even at OC UK for handling this in such a poor way, but you are delusional if you think you will receive your card anytime soon, especially people with 300+ positions in queue.

Good luck guys, it's been an honor reading through all this content.

Associate
Well, I suppose I’ll give it a couple weeks to see how the shipments are going. If there’s a chance of a delivery prior to Cyberpunk, I’ll stick with it, if not I’ll cancel and get one next year.

Seems the best way to go about this now.

Back
Top Bottom