• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
if you feel so strongly just cancel and give your money to someone else

I would love to however there are nobody else who is doing pre-orders currently, soon as another company starts to do it I'll be switching. Looking at another competitor that could be as soon as December they will be opening back up for orders

Associate
Great work
Section on the pny 3080 would be good too.
I'm position 4, the guy at position 1 and position 3 have not had cards, and today we learned that two people have emails saying they are on position 3
It was stated that a very small amount on pny 3090s shipped at launch, but other then that not a single pny card has shipped, certainly no 3080 series

Unfortunately the only info we have on PNY is that they had a very small amount of 3090s on launch day, and haven't shipped any since the queue existed a week ago. I'm not sure I've seen reports of any shipping, so my guess is that they just haven't had any except like 3 3090s two weeks ago. Not enough info to take it past a guess, with was the line I was using when writing the update.

Associate
I'm trying to be positive about this situation, so I'm thinking maybe OC ordered huge batch of GPU (Maybe 2000 of them) and they are expecting to come in all in one day, who knows.

Associate
Does it really fit a H1 ??
Nope

If you look close at the top , you can see where I can't line the screws up.

I can actually close it all up and it is fine but it leaves a small gap at top and bottom

The only cards to fit are the tuf's , MSI ventus, the pny cards the the evgas.

Hence why I am trying to trade/ down grade to one of the above

Associate
Better than spending 1600 on a 3090 though eh?, and I will hazard a guess @ the 3080 20Gb version being in the 900-1000 range, which will still be good value, as the 3090 offers nothing but the extra Vram (24) and 10-15% performance over the 3080, which is quite ludicrous when you come to think of it, for double the cost.
Bit like saying scabies is better than rabies. Either way Nvidias charging a lot. The 30 cards are great value compared to the 20s but only because the 20 series were so overpriced.

Associate
Nope

I can actually close it all up and it is fine but it leaves a small gap at top and bottom

The Palit would fit as well i think as it is shorter than a TUF by 6mm.

Associate
It's shocking that it's come to this. Amazing work for the community @Lastof and shame on OCUK for still being so bad at this :(

It was the exact same prior to queue emails, we had to have forum members make an unofficial queue calculator because overclockers took over 2 weeks to make their own despite having the official numbers .

Associate
Unfortunately the only info we have on PNY is that they had a very small amount of 3090s on launch day, and haven't shipped any since the queue existed a week ago. I'm not sure I've seen reports of any shipping, so my guess is that they just haven't had any except like 3 3090s two weeks ago. Not enough info to take it past a guess, with was the line I was using when writing the update.
Perfect
I'd get you a beer if I could

Associate
Really starting to question OCs ability to obtain and ship the Strix cards when other etailers are getting them and shipping them. Starting to see people in the UK get them on various forums but yet OC have shipped none.

YkCPqQO.png
I personally lost my faith after going through Nvidias official list of UK partners and not seeing anything about OC.

Associate
Nope

yeah the spreadsheet on Reddit said evga xc3 and ASus tuf

Associate
It was the exact same prior to queue emails, we had to have forum members make an unofficial queue calculator because overclockers took over 2 weeks to make their own despite having the official numbers .
Yeah I know, been following this entire mess since it started. Funny thing is I didn't even pre-order a 3080, didn't want to, but despite ordering my 3700X from OCUK, I'll be shopping elsewhere for a 5900X after this mess. Lost all faith in OCUK with how they've handled the queue and such. Their competitors are doing a far better job and I can't help but feel the silence from OCUK is down to them not being as big in the industry as they claim to be.

Associate
Nvidia has said they have a demand issue and not a supply issue, which is just pure bull ****, if they had a decent amount of cards then where are they

Genuinely curious what you expected him to say...... If they do well his job as CEO is to come out and take a bow and bathe in the praise and raise his stocks price - if they do a lacklustre job he does damage control while talking up the company and if they do an appalling job then he gets out then and buffs that turd to a mirror shine. You will not get a CEO come out and say oops yeah we ****** that up big style sorry!......

Associate
Have just been thinking about the lack of clear information, including production numbers…

Nvidia - doesn’t want numbers shared because it will show it was a paper launch.
Board Partners – can’t share numbers because Nvidia has probably told them not to.
Distributers – won’t share numbers because there is no need to, we aren’t the customer retailers are.
Retailers (including OCUK) – won’t want to share numbers because it will show that stock is going to prebuilds.

So we are in this situation where there is a lot of information asymmetry at the detriment of the consumer. It sucks.

Back
Top Bottom