• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Thanks, i did miss that, but its still incredibly unhelpful. If they have that little control of stock then the queue number becomes irrelevant or at least unreliable ( not shooting the messenger btw ).

The most obvious answer would be replacement of faulty returns.

No need to assume that they have 'little control of stock'.

CCC

CCC

Associate
Well, that's me cancelled. A total ****-show that I am glad to be rid of. Asus TUF OC, pos 38, congrats, you all move up a space.

I am currently snuggling up next to my shiny new 3090 FE, grabbed during yesterdays open window at a competitor. A wonderful shopping experience, with a confirmation e-mail for every stage of the purchase, live tracking of the delivery, and less than 24 hours in total, door to door.

Pay attention OCUK, this is how it should be done. If you lack the clout, don't attempt to punch above your weight. Many things are nVidias fault, but you are not blameless here.

Well, you'd get pretty much all that if OC had cards in stock and you bought one. Enjoy your FE, may it bring framerate happiness to you!

I also cancelled because after the news about 20gb and possible TMSC versions of the 3080, I'd rather wait for one of those. Being stuck in the queue has turned out to be a good thing for me.

Associate
A competitor has just updated their website to say they've received shipments from ASUS and MSI for both 3080 and 3090. No indication of how many though.

I'm in the queue for one of those so I may be able to work out how many they've received if it's any indication of the cards being ramped up.

[EDIT] Sorry - just noticed someone beat me to it!

Associate
The most obvious answer would be replacement of faulty returns.

No need to assume that they have 'little control of stock'.

that actually raises another question we can all debate at length when we’re actually supposed to be working ( just me? ). If you get a faulty card, or the courier company decides to play football with it, do you go to the back of the queue for a replacement?

Also, if the 3 were RMA’s that doesn’t bode well for card reliability if 30% go out broken ( assuming they weren’t just returned because the purchaser didn’t like the colour )

Associate
A competitor has just updated their website to say they've received shipments from ASUS and MSI for both 3080 and 3090. No indication of how many though.

I'm in the queue for one of those so I may be able to work out how many they've received if it's any indication of the cards being ramped up.
I was feeling smug about being near the front of the queue for a TUF OC a couple of weeks ago because they seemed like the safest bet, now they've all disappeared:p. Never mind eh, it'll come when it comes.

Associate
Nice update today from Gibbo, though it's still all a bit dark for people who ordered a build & 3080. Having done this myself with Gigabyte 3080 OC, there doesn't seem to be queue system in place to know where you stand.

Associate
I know @Gibbo said he didn't have any news from MSI, so I wonder if the recent batches of MSI cards at somewhere that must not be named is the same batch as OCUKs last lot of MSI's. Or maybe there's some coming in soon? :D my 6th place begs you.

Associate
Thanks for the updates and info today @Gibbo It's much appreciated and I hope it serves to calm a lot of people down.
You will never please everyone, and I'm sure there will be the ones that don't/can't read that will continue rant about the same old thing.

Associate
Very small = Less than 10 units
Small = 10-30 units
OK = approx 50 units
Large = 75-100 units
Very large = 100+
Dream = 250+
Hah, some expectations changes here! It used to be that Large was over 100 and dream was 500-1000+!

I don't get the people saying everyone, inc. first day of release orders, will be waiting till 2021. That's still over two months away.
I think we're going to see a bit uptick in cards arriving from the week of the 9th November and especially from the 16th as post-Golden Week productivity arrives.
I think it's a fair guestimate that the first few hundred in each queue will be cleared by the end of that week.

Plus, with PS5/Xbox Series S&X/AMD all launching in the next few weeks there's going to be a huge surge in cancellations trimming that queue.

Personally, sitting on 600+ in the TUF non-OC queue I'm expecting to receive it around the end of November, not far off what I expected a couple of weeks ago.

Folk who feel aggrieved by there being a wait at all and preorders being taken, there's an easy option:
5. Your choice to make, were here to stay, were not doing a runner and customer can request a refund at any time which shall be processed quickly.

Associate
Hah, some expectations changes here! It used to be that Large was over 100 and dream was 500-1000+!

I don't get the people saying everyone, inc. first day of release orders, will be waiting till 2021. That's still over two months away.
I think we're going to see a bit uptick in cards arriving from the week of the 9th November and especially from the 16th as post-Golden Week productivity arrives.
I think it's a fair guestimate that the first few hundred in each queue will be cleared by the end of that week.

Plus, with PS5/Xbox Series S&X/AMD all launching in the next few weeks there's going to be a huge surge in cancellations trimming that queue.

Personally, sitting on 600+ in the TUF non-OC queue I'm expecting to receive it around the end of November, not far off what I expected a couple of weeks ago.

Folk who feel aggrieved by there being a wait at all and preorders being taken, there's an easy option:

That’s very optimistic for your place in the queue ! I’m expecting mid-end November and I’m 148th ! I hope you are right though :)

Permabanned
like I said I've apologise to Overclockers for being part of this lynch mob, 2 U young lot waiting a few months probably isn't that bad really for me having heart failure it is AMD might come up with something that beats the 3080

Associate

I don't expect the PS5 to be easily accessible in the UK until 2021.

Associate
A genuinely helpful series of posts from Gibbo, there. Thanks, Gibbo. At 600-and-blah in the queue for an Eagle OC, I now have some (_some_) evidence to suggest that I need to hold tight until December at the earliest. It's liberating to know that I've already paid for this, as it will be a nice surprise when it comes through.

Associate

Perhaps you haven't heard that the Xbox launch is exactly the same as this one? All preorders have been sold and there is absolutely no news as to when any further stock is likely to be available. On that basis I can't see the Xbox launch affecting GPU sales at all.

Associate
Hey Danny,

There is a small amount arriving next week (teens) with a larger amount due to arrive the week after. The amounts are now being increased but it's still slow progress, I'm unsure if the OCUK queue system includes PC back orders for these cards. You'd need to check with them to be sure.
Are you using Gibbos scale here,
Large = 75-100 cards? Or just more than teens lol
And just so were clear, are we talking OCUK allocation, or the whole uk lol

Associate
That would be the unannounced, 5 minute open window.
Unless you have time to sit by your PC refreshing stock finders, telegram, and discord groups all day on the hope of being able to actually get an order through, it hardly qualifies as a "wonderful shopping experience". At least not for me.

It was pure luck. I was reading the forum, saw somebody's post, and popped over there. No stress, just checked out with my Amazon account and sat back. I even sat with the card in my basket for a few minutes, just to make sure it was what I wanted.

Back
Top Bottom