• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I can honestly say that whilst i've used OC a lot in the past i havn't actually used them recently. They are not normally competitive and going forward they would need to be a lot cheaper than other competitors for me to even consider giving them my money.

If OC have things priced the same as a competitor i'm pretty sure this experience will tip the balance. OC will need to do something special to get its loyal customers back its losing throughout all this.

I see these posts and I do wonder about the mentality of someone who orders a product which is having clear worldwide issues with supply and then blames the retailler for those problems. I have an outstanding order with a competitor not a GPU, I've just been told I won't get my item on the date they promised (which has changed three times) and they now don't have a date at all! They have taken my money and there's been no other communication other than that.

I hear the people moaning about communication and yes it could have been better. I suspect someone in management forced Gibbos time on the forums yesterday because of concerns being raised, however when I look at the information being provided by competitors, it's pretty much non existent, however some are reading into it far more than is actually there. The other competitors don't have a forum, so we don't see their feelings, but I expect they are pretty much as p*****d as people here are.

Associate
Pre order is not ordering something before the stock is available. Pre order is ordering something that is not yet launched. You are the one who is misunderstanding the concept and meaning of pre order.

You should look up the definition of pre order. :p

“place an order for (an item) before it is available for purchase.”

If there is no stock, is it able to be purchased? No, so before picking apart my argument because of my syntax then please make sure you are properly educated on the subject :)

Associate
I feel sorry for You guys, but I am only 999 in Q for TUF non-OC. If I knew at the beginning that OC will go first I would pay this extra £50. Now ~I have to wait for a miracle. I guess will be much easier to spot Unicorn on the street than RTX 3080 in my PC this year. I agree it is depressing. I am sure Asus has more than one factory, they could make both cards at the same time. I only hope that those 998 people in front of me will cancel the order :D.

Associate
He called himself a pure bread millennial is how I read it.

Like I can say hey Blitzkrieg, TNA here.

Besides, if he did not then the whole sentence would make no sense. Like saying he is a millennial and then saying he is gen z? Yes, none of it matters, just thought I would point it out :)

Yep, I was right it seems :D

I obviously misread it, thought he was calling the other a chap a millenial. I'm getting too old and decrepit to make posts in the morning now:(

Associate
That's big queue energy, may your card arrive with all the production bugs and driver issues resolved my friend :)

Big queue energy :D:D:D
Hopefully it'll be slightly revised/ improved by the time I get mine. I keep thinking about cancelling but realistically I've got 9 weeks until I can really get some solid down time to actually play anything for more than an hour or two. :rolleyes:

Associate
Looks like I will get my Ventus in time for COD and Cyberpunk :D.

Do we know if we will still get Watch Dogs if we get our cards around the 9th November?

Associate
Looks like I will get my Ventus in time for COD and Cyberpunk :D.

Do we know if we will still get Watch Dogs if we get our cards around the 9th November?

No as OC won't give a code after the end of October, you would have until end of Nov to redeem it if you did get it before end of October though. Check your order to see if they even put the codes as a free item on there, I didn't get any with my order confirmation so that means I won't get the codes even if my TUF OC comes before the end of the month.

Associate
No as OC won't give a code after the end of October, you would have until end of Nov to redeem it if you did get it before end of October though. Check your order to see if they even put the codes as a free item on there, I didn't get any with my order confirmation so that means I won't get the codes even if my TUF OC comes before the end of the month.
Yes it is on my order - "FREE WITH GX-36C-MS: NVIDIA RTX Bundle Promotion - Watchdogs Legion & GeForce NOW"

Associate
not really I think we're going to get 150-200 Eagles next week i am 135 in the Q
I’m position 197 in the Q. Fingers crossed they get 200 units but it does seem very unlikely seeing how there hasn’t been any updates on the so far and shipments from the other cards been small.
If you look at Giga-Man's posts you'll see the eagles are only expected to arrive in teens next week, but in larger volumes (maybe 50s) the week after. Now it's a bit unclear as to if that for all the UK/IE region, but in those quantities it means us lot around 200 wont be getting them for at least 2 weeks regardless. So I suppose we just gotta strap in for this wild ride

Back
Top Bottom