• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Gibbo is probably referring to the commercial carrier side of the various courier companies being busy right now - when you're delivering a few pallets at a time, you're not gonna get Joe from Hermes in his Corsa to deliver them.

Associate
For those waiting for the Tuf. You're in for a treat. It's an absolute beast and so quiet. Smashed everything 4K60 ultra settings I tried. Some less demanding games like Tekken 7 I could run a max settings 8K downsampled to 4K, talk about crispy!

Associate
Well he said eagles were coming this week last week but there's apparently no eagles or they're stuck in the post. Which is interesting considering I've been ordering things all week and everythings arrived on time, and even a couple of things arrived a day early.

I've had two shipments from OCUK this week, one was a day late and the other was two days late. The first was a DPD delay to be fair, the second was because they couldn't find the £3 network cable despite having 11 in stock...

Right so it is Friday, I ordered last Friday, what time do they usually send out the queue position emails on Friday?

Late afternoon usually

Associate
Gibbo is probably referring to the commercial carrier side of the various courier companies being busy right now - when you're delivering a few pallets at a time, you're not gonna get Joe from Hermes in his Corsa to deliver them.

Our main Hermes guy round here would not fit in a Corsa, he is built like Hagrid from Harry Potter just massive not fat, similar hair and beard though.

Associate
ok.... also an issue... that i DID NOT recieve a dispatch or delivery scheduled date... NOW HAVE a MISSED PARCEL FROM DPD! which i was in all day yday and wouldnt of missed a 3080 turning up at my door..... i have 3 dogs.. and would have known if someone was knocking at my door....
shocking all round !!!

sorry just spoke to DPD and they confirmed it was a scam email....... so HEADS UP ANYONE WAITING FOR A NEW GPU..........

Last edited:
Permabanned
Its EAGLE day!!!!!!
We must believe ha ha
825c819553cbff978430a0fe2902765a56baeee8.gifv

Associate
ok.... also an issue... that i DID NOT recieve a dispatch or delivery scheduled date... NOW HAVE a MISSED PARCEL FROM DPD! which i was in all day yday and wouldnt of missed a 3080 turning up at my door..... i have 3 dogs.. and would have known if someone was knocking at my door....
shocking all round !!!
You know DPD have an app and when you have it, you go on the app and it says which parcels are coming to your address. You can also set up safe place, track them etc. It might be worth trying to download that.

I find that DPD are the best courier so hopefully you’ll be able to sort it

Associate
I've had two shipments from OCUK this week, one was a day late and the other was two days late. The first was a DPD delay to be fair, the second was because they couldn't find the £3 network cable despite having 11 in stock...

Late afternoon usually
Interestingly enough I've been ordering elsewhere that use DPD without an issue. I haven't ordered anything else from OCUK. Have the couriers even got fed up with them

Associate
okay so just got off the phone with someone very helpful at OC, don't know why gibbo wasn't able to tell us this himself but supposedly innos cards are still in hong kong and wont be moving until a flight bringing them over can be booked. The issue is that apple have booked the majority of the shipping slots so the flight cant be confirmed for even next week as it will only occur when there is availability

Associate
This is why I'm annoyed at the "update" from gibbo. Saying most cards is useless, if tuf non-OC is included I'll be able to get one, but if it's not, then I'd just be getting my hopes up for nothing.

Until he specifically confirms non-OCs are included in the shipment I'll keep looking elsewhere and cancel if I find something suitable, but if he confirms non-OCs are coming next week I can finally chill for a bit knowing I'll be getting my card.

(Or not, as seems to be the case recently quite a lot with other "small" shipments)

Seems Alee with the OCUK CS team on Discord agrees, as someone raised the same point, and he said:

Gibbo will get info from manufacturers on what's expected to arrive when and once he knows that info is pretty concrete he will post it. As soon as he has any info that he knows is accurate he will post it, it's not in his best interests to leave customers in the dark.

Yeah I'd agree the 'most cards' part is mixed info and could be more accurate so I'll message him to try and see if he can be a little more specific once he knows more.

Back
Top Bottom