• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I'm glad I dodge the bullet for picking RTX 3080 TUF OC, now that ASUS prioritize the OC/Strix first, not the "filthy peasant" none OC/Strix card.

Associate
Did you guys not even get a queue update when a few shipped out on Monday?

Also for anyone who cares, the non-OC TUF and FE are pretty much identical silicon-wise and both max out at pretty much the exact same OC, hitting 2100mhz boost. TUF does run notably cooler though (69c vs 75c under load and 30c vs 46c idle... not sure how accurate that FE idle was though tbh it seems high.) I'm keeping the FE and the TUF is going to my friend, literally the only thing that decided it was already having the FE's waterblock on order (it'd only be an email to change it as the prices are the same too, but ah well it was SOMETHING to make me decide :p)

FE box does smudge hella easy though, basically just have to look at it and it gets a mark on it... guess that's why they're in a little bag when they ship :p

No update as yet, Rascal1993 did get his card, he still does not why, being 339 in queue and ordered at 18:58 on the 17th.
OC's system is obviously screwy somewhere.

Associate
No update as yet, Rascal1993 did get his card, he still does not why, being 339 in queue and ordered at 18:58 on the 17th.
OC's system is obviously screwy somewhere.

Do we know if anyone else got one? Or was it literally just us two? I'd like to imagine positions 1/2 got one too but we never knew who they were, I was the lowest number active on this thread

Associate
Do we know if anyone else got one? Or was it literally just us two? I'd like to imagine positions 1/2 got one too but we never knew who they were, I was the lowest number active on this thread

I imagine they did but as not posting on here or put their data on the spreadsheet, no way to know, nearest position to you on the sheet is 15th.

I am thinking of going AMD at this rate, going 1440p and could not care less about Ray Tracing even though AMD's will work well enough with all types of Ry Tracing apart from Nvidia only RTX games in any case.

Now Nvidia will be screwing every 3080 owner in any case by bringing out the Ti just to get parity with AMD's Vram.

Last edited:
Associate
Gibbo states
There has been several lines of msi and gigabyte have arrived most has shipped people waiting in lines should get an email queue update- has anyone had a update queue position for the msi gaming x trio

no email for me but he didn’t give any details on numbers or when these were sent out so I don’t know if this was the msi batch from before or not.

J.D

J.D

Soldato
Conspiracy theory #364:

OC aren’t publicising shipments of cheaper cards (Eagle/ Tuf etc), so people pre order more expensive models?

100% no. All it needs is people actively waiting on their cards to arrive to say something and it would blow up in their face. If this was a factor, I'll send you £100 once proven lol.

Associate
100% no. All it needs is people actively waiting on their cards to arrive to say something and it would blow up in their face. If this was a factor, I'll send you £100 once proven lol.

Was there supposed to be a quote in here, it makes no sense as a stand alone statement.

The post above yours is from one of my ignores so probably rubbish anyway.

Associate
wonder what happened to the bloke 300 deep on the asus TUF non OC queue who got a dispatch email?

He got his card 18:00 on tuesday, I messaged him, he still cannot understand why he got one, he ordered 18:58 on Launch supposedly.

Must have been at least 3 as Flenix got his in position 3, 1+2 not on forum or spreadsheet, none between Flenis and pos 15 on sheet either.

OC's system glitch more than likely why 339 got one.

Why no notification of TUF Non OC coming in is anyones guess.

Back
Top Bottom