• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
As far as any bitching or moaning goes why don’t people just cancel their order and get their money back instead of talking **** her complaining. It’s a graphics card it’s not the cure for cancer. It ms like everything else it will be in stock when it’s in stock suck it up or go elsewhere. If I was a staff member working for OC I bet that’s what they would love to tell the ignorant ******* customers on this forum complaining about a GPU @Gibbo
Dude, I was given an expected date of 23rd September for my son's birthday present. Didn't happen and OC have not been giving my queue the cards that it has had in stock even. Still 150 in the queue and ordered an hour after launch. If you don't understand why people are so angry then I am afraid that's on you! If OC had just been incompetent, maybe I would be more understanding. If they had been doing their best I would not be complaining. If they hadn't been so dishonest and greedy, maybe just maybe it would be OK. Sadly there is no other rational way to look at this other than OC have been proper scumbags to us. That might be OK with you, but that isn't OK for most. So if you aren't mad at them mate, good for you, do what you will. But do not tell other people what to think and how to act.

Associate
A competitor just unilaterally cancelled my pre order today, which I placed on the 7th November for stock that was supposed to come in on the 30th. Companies are behaving like absolute scumbags and treating their customers with contempt. They've left me without a Christmas gift for my son.

I placed a pre order on here for a Zotac trinity OC

Seemed to be the card that I was likely to get first. Anyone know what the queue is like for that SKU or which card in likely to be able to get first ?

For an order placed at 12:01PM on Friday, I got a queue position of 63 that evening. So around there.

Associate
It's the people who watch them who are to blame. They are marketeers who are tasked with hyping new products for the most part. The more you hype and shill, the more support you get from the industry and the more followers you get. Vast majority of tech tubers are not worth listening to, but most people who are in these queues sadly still do.

You had Bitwit the twit (to be polite) shilling the new MSI card today, the supreme or whatever it is. No thought whatsoever that this card is a blatant price hike and a slap in the face for those who have been waiting for months for the MSI cards. No thought that the chips MSI are getting will be geared even less to those waiting. But the masses of well-trained consumers keeping watching a liking them videos, what a shame that humanity has become so suggestable and so easy to market to.

Genuinely wouldn't be surprised to see cards like asus tuf, gigabyte eagle and other lower end cards being canned and replaced with higher end cards very soon, leaving many thousands of us with nothing. For the majority though, they will watch the marketing, like them jayz vids and continue to empower what has become a pretty anti-consumer industry to get even worse. Really sad state of affairs.
There’s no way they’re going to cancel thousands of orders... if this was to happen there would be insane uproar and OCUK would take a massive hit, probably never recover its reputation. If it was to happen the very least OCUK could do is move everyone who’s cards were cancelled into another queue free of charge, but guess what? That’s very unlikely lol

people are just thinking about the worst scenario possible because ocuk hasn’t been great at handling the situation. Maybe take a more positive look?

Last edited:
Associate
There’s no way they’re going to cancel thousands of orders... if this was to happen there would be insane uproar and OCUK would take a massive hit, probably never recover its reputation. If it was to happen the very least OCUK could do is move everyone who’s cards were cancelled into another queue free of charge, but guess what? That’s very unlikely lol

people are just thinking about the worst scenario possible because ocuk hasn’t been great at handling the situation. Maybe take a more positive look?

you do you, hate if you want? Rim them if you want! Just don’t always assume the worst possible outcome as it will play on other peoples minds too :)

I think maybe it suits you to think that I am being pessimistic. That's your call. Having worked in the tech industry for 25 years and counting I know the drivers behind decision making in this industry. If there is a shortage (and often when not) companies will look to maximise margin to counter the lack of volume. Not too many non- OC cards being shipped are there? In fact the RRP cards have been really thin on the ground. almost non-existant! And now, low and behold we have the MSI suprim announced. At a time when MSI have thousands of pre orders that they can't deliver, they announce a new line of super expensive 3080s. How much of a clue do you need? Gigabyte not selling too many eagles in the UK are they, far more mid and upper range. Rumours are that the non OC Asus cards may be all but shelved for now globally. Between the retailers and nvidia, RRP is not much more than a myth. That didn't happen on its own!

It's not a matter of hate. Hatred is not an emotion that I would find possible to have for a company. Its experience that tells me what to expect, it is what is staring you, me and everyone else in the face that tells me what is going on. This is certainly no assumption, merely an observation. If it is more comfortable for you to bury your head in the sand or to ignore what is there in front of you, then that is your choice.

Associate
Gotta admit, ^^nice post BTW^^, came here to see the prices, WTF!!! lol?? £300+ mark up on that Trinity 3090 alone, what a damned disgrace, honestly. As if the customers needed another shafting?, but the price hiking is just terrible here. Nothing like kicking one, when one is down eh? There ya go, but I suspect they will be happy when anyone cancels ;), as they want more, and care not a jot, as they have had your money for 2-3 months ;)

Caporegime

you do you, hate if you want? R** them if you want! Just don’t always assume the worst possible outcome as it will play on other peoples minds too :)

Oh poor other people's minds.

I'd rather hear considered dispassionate analysis than emotional blind optimism, but hey - 'you do you' (which is a terrible phrase by the way).

And why are you talking about r*****g? Firstly it's odd, secondly do you think it's a suitable reference for a family forum?

Soldato
Does anybody get the impression that the chips are binning way to high for the board partners to release them for the lower end of their ranges? I can find cards all over the place but non of the lower end. IF they were binning to high and there was not the expected lower-end chips available, this could explain why they are reluctant to ship? or is it just down to plain old greed and supply and demand.
regardless, I think this a terrible state of affairs.

And why are you talking about r*****g? Firstly it's odd, secondly do you think it's a suitable reference for a family forum?

LOL yeah I just did a double take on that comment.

Associate
I'm curious. How many people in the world have a 3080 card? and how many people are waiting for one?

Nvidia are saying they didn't anticipate that so many people would want a 3080, but it's not just like they are a little short. They're far from it.

I might be wrong, but it seems like there are more people waiting for a card than people with a card.

Is this right?

Associate
I'm curious. How many people in the world have a 3080 card? and how many people are waiting for one?

Nvidia are saying they didn't anticipate that so many people would want a 3080, but it's not just like they are a little short. They're far from it.

I might be wrong, but it seems like there are more people waiting for a card than people with a card.

Is this right?
A vendor told me that they have only hit 7% of thier target production. If that’s true the demand claims are gaaaarbaaage.

Associate
My business relies on a GPU right now. It can make some jobs profitable or not as margins are so tight on 3D work. Right now my 1080 just doesn't cut it, it isn't profitable as it takes way too long to render. My bread and butter, 2d work and traditional design that a 1080 is more than adequate for, are dead right now due to the situation, so 3D archviz and animation is mostly what I can get right now - thi is how I keep a roof over my families head. I need a gpu that can do the job and I can't afford a quadro. If I can't get one, then it would be really helpful to have an idea of when it might happen so I can at least make some loose plans for the future. Were not all after MOAR FPS!

Same situation as you right now

Associate
So I ordered an inno3d x4 3080 and a 5900x together , close to £1500. I remember when that bought everything top of class. Surely prices have rised beyond inflation

Come Christmas ill be in the same boat, I intended to work back from home in jan, can't see that happening.

Prices are way beyond inflation lol. I orderd half of my new build with the 3080, the other half with my 5950x. In queue for both, expecting 5950x before new year but can’t use it till my 3080 comes in...... late 2021?

Associate
Woke up to a cancellation email from a competitor for a Eagle 3080. It was stuck in 'Not Yet Dispatched' state for nearly two months with no indication of queue position or ETA. Their ultra helpful bots kept promising it'll be dispatched as soon as stock arrives. No such thing happened, apparently their supplier can't source them and the order was binned without consideration to the anticipation, anxiety and anguish I've been through.

Associate
Prices are way beyond inflation lol. I orderd half of my new build with the 3080, the other half with my 5950x. In queue for both, expecting 5950x before new year but can’t use it till my 3080 comes in...... late 2021?

Yeah thats the problem I have, my sim rig (racing and flight sim) machine has an aging 6700k with 970 which is struggling! Planning on buying 3 1440p monitors for racing and maybe a HP reverb 2 next year for flight sims so need all the grunt I can get. But whats the point of buying a 5800x cpu if Im going to be stuck using it with a 970 for ages or vise versa and I refuse to pay to be in a cue of thousands or pay disgusting scalping prices. I mean first world problems and happy to wait but this all just baffling to me.

Associate
I think it’s pretty obvious at this point that Nvidia can’t make the 3080 fast enough, I’m guessing a problem in the production process as 3070 chips seem a plenty, that also rules out shipping issues. They launched a card they couldn’t mass produce to get good numbers to head off AMD. Or they don’t want / need to produce 3080, have you seen the prices on AIB 3070 they are at the level of 3080 msrp!

Back
Top Bottom