• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Says in progress. Once confirmed and safely delivered in my hands I will ask OCUK for refund.
I am well aware of the place you ordered the card from, I spent late evening early this morning after two notifications of the card being available still couldnt finish, as it mostly says no delivery and none in a store at 36 locations! Anyway, if you would be so kind to let us know if this was successful then i will bank on trying to get one from there.

Associate
What is the MSRP for the TUF gaming OC roughly please? Gigabyte have seriously gone down in my opinion and not precious about sticking an ASUS in my rig now? £750 for the GB Gaming OC seems about right, not sure about the others. Would you say the TUF is equivilent to the Eagle in terms of where it sits in ASUS's product stack?

Not sure on how it sits, MSRP etc - what I would point out is that ASUS seem to be the brand that's shipping by card the least amount of cards to the UK right now. Worth consideration pal :)

Associate
Could someone PM me these store locations please, if at all possible? I have the 3080 OC Strix on order with Overclockers but now I'm eying the Founders Edition because I'm going to be moving soon and I need a card shipped before then.

Associate
What is the MSRP for the TUF gaming OC roughly please? Gigabyte have seriously gone down in my opinion and not precious about sticking an ASUS in my rig now? £750 for the GB Gaming OC seems about right, not sure about the others. Would you say the TUF is equivilent to the Eagle in terms of where it sits in ASUS's product stack?
All cards will be pretty much equal In terms of performance . I couldn't tell you the MSRP but like everywer prices will have been inflated . If theyv 'gone down' because of the lack of stock then unfortunately most cards are in the same position . Though other retailers are doing a better job then oc at securing . If your looking to cancel and apply for another card I wouldn't do that here

Permabanned
I am well aware of the place you ordered the card from, I spent late evening early this morning after two notifications of the card being available still couldnt finish, as it mostly says no delivery and none in a store at 36 locations! Anyway, if you would be so kind to let us know if this was successful then i will bank on trying to get one from there.
I will. Order is showing as received but I have bad feelings about this. Will keep you posted.

Associate
This whole release and handling by ocuk has left me not using this company again. I have my 3080 from here but I will not and have not ordered anything else. Recently purchased multiple other components from other shops and even if ocuk were cheaper I wouldn't shop here. Sorry mr ocuk you've set to loose my customers

Associate
I spoke to a woman at said store this morning who was very helpful she even tried to get me one over the phone as a way to apologies for their mistake with a different order (the reason for the call) she had me on hold for a good 10 mins trying for me, thought my luck was in.... however she confirmed that store has nothing right now not even the business section, when asked when they expect more? She said "Next Week now".

Associate
Yes, the fact that a majority of cards that OC have received have gone out of the back door says it all really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=524CYohZxfA&ab_channel=KitGuruTech

It says in that video that they have 25 building PCs full time, and that was a couple of years ago so will be more now as they have had significant growth in that time. Obviously they couldn't have these guys sitting around idle for the past 2 months. There is next to no OEM stock by the way! Probably getting through quite a few 3080s here but what happened to the rest of them? I would presume that they are being sold elsewhere at a good price.

They were getting hundreds per week, but releasing 40,50,60 to the queues. And all that time, making out that they were receiving a tiny fraction of the cards that competitors were. Shifting all the blame onto AIBs. Hiding behind any excuse that they could. Even after gigabyte told us, they said nothing and continued to backdoor the cards as they still are.

Horrible company.
won't be a company without customers! the damage is done lots of people will not be back, if these rumours are true/ provable, well they have sealed their own fate really, for people who have morals this whole fiasco has been a farce from start to finish and we are no where near finished yet, be interesting to see how much lower they can go:eek:

Associate
won't be a company without customers! the damage is done lots of people will not be back, if these rumours are true/ provable, well they have sealed their own fate really, for people who have morals this whole fiasco has been a farce from start to finish and we are no where near finished yet, be interesting to see how much lower they can go:eek:

Apologies, seems I’ve missed this part of the thread - have there been some genuine accusations around this topic? Would be interested in understanding more.

Associate
Apologies, seems I’ve missed this part of the thread - have there been some genuine accusations around this topic? Would be interested in understanding more.

Naturally, there's gonna be accusations about this sort of stuff, though, we can't prove or disprove anything of the sort, unless someone from within OCUK comes out and tells us that that's what's happening

Associate
Naturally, there's gonna be accusations about this sort of stuff, though, we can't prove or disprove anything of the sort, unless someone from within OCUK comes out and tells us that that's what's happening
I was going to say. Seems like a pretty major accusation. Appreciate people are cheesed off at the situation surrounding this release, but levelling accusations like that without evidence isn’t great.

Associate
Not sure if it's been said anyway already, but gibbo mentioned that prices went up due to the USD conversion. It seems to have gone back to 1.34 now so will prices return slightly towards MSRP?

Associate
I was going to say. Seems like a pretty major accusation. Appreciate people are cheesed off at the situation surrounding this release, but levelling accusations like that without evidence isn’t great.
But there has been some shady happenings, some stock disappearing, some stock unaccounted for, and then some stock we're not even being told about, so people are looking for the conspiracy angle and other reasons as to why things aren't being expedited as smoothly as they should.

Associate
I think the evidence is in the OC hiding their heads in the sand... ducking and diving left and right ... instead of being transparent like rest of retailers...

Back
Top Bottom