• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Can't believe yet again, no Asus Rog Strix 3080 OC cards.....

yeah in the queue for one of those aswell. i bought that one over the non(e) OC version as we were told that Asus are focusing production more on the OC flavours, but i suppose 2x0 still equals zero! lol
Im gonna still hang in there, this will sort itself out, might be a while but this will pass and at some point we will talk about the great RTX3000 series shortage of 2020

Associate
yeah in the queue for one of those aswell. i bought that one over the non(e) OC version as we were told that Asus are focusing production more on the OC flavours, but i suppose 2x0 still equals zero! lol
Im gonna still hang in there, this will sort itself out, might be a while but this will pass and at some point we will talk about the great RTX3000 series shortage of 2020

LOL. I hope you're right. I bought a new rig set up, as an upgrade to my very old machine (it was 7 years old and already low-mid end at the time), all based on getting an ASUS RS 3080 OC. I now have a great rig - but no ASUS RS 3080 OC.

Soldato
Assuming that an OK amount means 50 I will drop to 89 (maybe a little lower due to cancellations), a large order before christmas would be great.
Large and another OK needed for me roughly, be surprised if they manage it though. Taken this long just to get some as it is, hopefully they keep getting regular stock now and not just this as an odd 1 off

Associate
What about all the millions of people that 'pre ordered' Cyberpunk?
They have a delivery date the fact it was changed doesnt matter the Customer still has a updated delivery date and can either stick with it or get a refund without penalty, we have no date not ocuks fault but the distributors should be brought to account if that doesnt work then the retailers am afraid are breaking the distance selling rules

Associate
Hi sorry, I was assuming you were higher and there would be cancellations. My bad. Either way... I will put money on it that you’ll get your card by the end of next week. Check out Aorus on Facebook, they say they’re more shipping to the uk it might give you some more hope!

No problem mate, cheers for the heads up.

Associate
They have a delivery date the fact it was changed doesnt matter the Customer still has a updated delivery date and can either stick with it or get a refund without penalty, we have no date not ocuks fault but the distributors should be brought to account if that doesnt work then the retailers am afraid are breaking the distance selling rules
Take OCUK to court and let us know how you get on :)

Associate
I'm 173 in the Q for the 3080 TUF oc and this news has made me very happy. Not that I will be in this batch, but must be getting closer to finally seeing it. To everyone who gets your card in this batch... Enjoy. Hopefully less moaning in here now. Blummin eck it's been very dark here. Nice to see some light.

Still at least 1900 to go yet to fulfil orders they have on that single card so thread will be going a while yet.

Associate
Sincerely hoping I get my card soon and that the position number 4 given by the person at overclockers over the phone is genuine. Ordered an asus 3080 tuf.

Fingers crossed

That was position 4 for a build not for a card that stands at over 2000 in Queue since Sep 17th.

Gibbo only gives updates and info on retail stock (his statement) so your card will not be in this count, maybe they are getting some seperate SI cards for builds as well. (not likely););)

Associate
Got a bit of a question regarding the products available to pre-order, so I preordered my 3080 a week ago today, straight into position 168 (and after seeing other peoples wait times I feel lucky).

But my question is how come they re-enabled the Pre-Order button? Like take one of the competitors, they ONLY enable the buy button as stock comes in, so unless they're only allowing preorders up to the amount they've already ordered, this wouldn't make sense to me, otherwise they may as well just re-enable the pre-orders on all cards right? So I was just wondering what the thought process was, or if it was simply the fact that demand isn't nearly as high for Palit as it is for Asus or Gigabyte.

Just wondering if there'd been any light shone on this anywhere, thank you!

Associate
Received one today from OCUK, no news on the forums but I won't be complaining on my end. I guess I can confirm for you they are being shipped to the UK :D
wow thats fantastic news, i was number:

So really hoping i get the amp holo extreme real soon, i knew it that Zotac were making them when u saw it on the aby a few days ago, scalper scalping 1300 quid

Anyways I literally sold my sold my Asus 2080ti Strix OC for £725, i paid for the delivery, they guy who bought it gave me excellent feedback today

I borrowed a 1080ti from my nephew so now im just waiting

By the way if you received your Zotac Amp Holo today what number was you last Friday please?

Associate
Your guess is as good as ours, their business practices are totally strange.
They had Backorders open on all cards for nearly 2 months, then shut most off as they finally relalised there is no way they could fill them all within the next 4 months.
Then they open up some again, probably due to all the cancellations, they need more capital.

Associate
Got a bit of a question regarding the products available to pre-order, so I preordered my 3080 a week ago today, straight into position 168 (and after seeing other peoples wait times I feel lucky).

But my question is how come they re-enabled the Pre-Order button? Like take one of the competitors, they ONLY enable the buy button as stock comes in, so unless they're only allowing preorders up to the amount they've already ordered, this wouldn't make sense to me, otherwise they may as well just re-enable the pre-orders on all cards right? So I was just wondering what the thought process was, or if it was simply the fact that demand isn't nearly as high for Palit as it is for Asus or Gigabyte.

Just wondering if there'd been any light shone on this anywhere, thank you!
I'm guessing you've ordered a Palit? I ordered mine on 14.11.20 and I'm 108 in the queue. Should be interesting to see how far we have dropped down on Friday.

Associate
I'm guessing you've ordered a Palit? I ordered mine on 14.11.20 and I'm 108 in the queue. Should be interesting to see how far we have dropped down on Friday.

Yeah that's right, ordered mine on the 18th after hoping the OTHER GPU launch was going to be different but I don't know why because damn

So in just 4 days it went up by 60, which is... Actually not as much as I'd have expected. I guess we will see! I can only assume they got through the majority of backorders, as the competitor also had 0 orders on it not too long ago.

Associate
So where's the 3080 Strix OC? Are we lead to believe that Asus aren't producing any at mo or that OCUK aren't important enough to get any stock?

haha they are just getting the cheaper TUF versions

The Asus Strix OC cards 3080 and 3090 are extremely rare, going for 2k on the bay

And it looks like the Strix OC has the highest boost clock from all the other many 3080 cards released:

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-rtx-3080.c3621

Back
Top Bottom