• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
So you're telling me they ordered 50,000 of one specific card? And not to mention in that specific paragraph he seemed to be talking about the issues around the GPU launches as a whole, that's the thing that's getting me.

When talking about backorders he does say several thousand, but I don't see anywhere that's above 5,000 backorders for one single card make. Just struck me as weird.

I think you will find that Post and Thread in specific is to do with AMD 6800 series only which they are already price gouging on compared to others.

Pity they did not take the same approach on the 3000 series from Nvidia, obviously their poor management of that has bit them in the ass and so the new approach with AMD cards.

Saying they do not manufacture them is in no way easing the poor stock they get compared to others though at least on the 3000 series..

Last edited:
Associate
I think you will find that Post and Thread in specific is to do with AMD 6800 series only which they are already price gouging on compared to others.

Pity they did not take the same approach on the 3000 series from Nvidia, obviously their poor management of that has bit them in the ass and so the new approach with AMD cards.

Saying they do not manufacture them is in no way easing the poor stock they get compared to others though at least on the 3000 series..

I'm aware the thread and the initial post is addressing the 6800, but the way he worded the part I excluded it sounds to me like he's talking about the entire situation with cards currently, maybe I misunderstood but just doesn't seem it.

But hey, I suppose we can hope something will pick up, and honestly I REALLY hope I did misunderstand it and its not just a few hundred

Associate
What the hell is going on with the 3080 Strix OC?, haven’t heard anything for weeks and gibbos recent update didn’t mention it at all

only gone up by 6 last email so ok at 150 now

Associate
What the hell is going on with the 3080 Strix OC?, haven’t heard anything for weeks and gibbos recent update didn’t mention it at all

only gone up by 6 last email so ok at 150 now

From the Asus fella. whether or not it actually gives you the info you want is a different matter.

Hi all, I know its really frustrating but please know we are doing everything we can to increase supply and bring in as much stock as possible on all lines, OC/non OC, TUF and ROG Strix. I can't comment on individual orders but we're still working to provide updates and cut down shipping time from factory anyway we can. Just please know there are a lot of people working as hard as they can to ensure you have stock asap

Associate
Glad to see a bunch of tuff none oc’s finally coming in for you guys still waiting, let’s hope this is just the start of a wave of deliveries for you all.

Associate
Can I have the pm with the small retailer aswell?
I'm getting fed up with no info about strix oc
I know the feeling, a competitor has listed that they're due some this week. Again looks like OC has failed to acquire any, can't believe we're 2 months in and they've not even fulfilled the first 1/2 hours worth of sales yet!!

Associate

Yeah I got fed up waiting for my strix oc to turn up so I picked up another 3080 while waiting, moved to 50th in the queue since launch day. The other card took 3 days to turn up.

Associate
Hi all, I know its really frustrating but please know we are doing everything we can to increase supply and bring in as much stock as possible on all lines, OC/non OC, TUF and ROG Strix. I can't comment on individual orders but we're still working to provide updates and cut down shipping time from factory anyway we can. Just please know there are a lot of people working as hard as they can to ensure you have stock asap
@ASUS GPU Support - I'm glad you are at least acknowledging that you aren't meeting current pre-order demand, but sad that you still haven't, despite your Twitter announcement, given any clarity of numbers you will deliver to OCUK and time windows for delivery of each make of ASUS card to OCUK.
I ordered and paid for my ASUS ROG STRIX 3080 OC as soon as the lines opened for pre-orders and yet I'm still waiting and only nearer to getting a card because most people gave up on their orders and asked for refunds. An update for OCUK customers giving card type delivery numbers would be appreciated by everyone, I think. Not knowing where we are in the timeline of deliveries is the major point of irritation. It's hard to be angry when you are informed and the only reason you are out of pocket is a personal choice but currently we are just being kept in the dark other than to say "it might or might not be a long time depending on your position in the queue."

Last edited:
Associate
@ASUS GPU Support - I'm glad you are at least acknowledging that you aren't meeting current pre-order demand, but sad that you still haven't, despite your Twitter announcement, given any clarity of numbers you will deliver to OCUK and time windows for delivery of each make of ASUS card.
I ordered and paid for my ASUS ROG STRIX 3080 OC as soon as the lines opened for pre-orders and yet I'm still waiting and only nearer to getting a card because most people gave up on their orders and asked for refunds. An update for OCUK customers giving card type delivery numbers would be appreciated by everyone, I think. Not knowing where we are in the timeline of deliveries is the major point of irritation. It's hard to be angry when you are informed and the only reason you are out of pocket is a personal choice but currently we are just being kept in the dark other than to say "it might or might not be a long time depending on your position in the queue."
well said, it's also rather dishartening that at no point during any of this, have we had an apology for such poor service from anyone. At the moment it feels like all parties involved feel we should just be greatful for the opportunity to give them our money!
And no real acknowledgement of the fact that the UK seems to be lagging behind the rest of europe in terms of these shipments!

Back
Top Bottom