• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Just read this post at Resetera. I have removed the reference to the competitor to be a good forum citizen:

“Last week I finally got the 3080 I ordered on launch day from <deleted>. They never did get stock of the 3080 FTW Gaming that I ordered and paid for, so they upgraded me to an Ultra for free which was nice.”
Basically means they are not manufacturing the Gaming varients to cover backlog. Jacob mentioned on Twitter there is no ETA.

Associate
And this is....?

Whinging about whingers before they whinge!!? Good post. Good contribution and a way to endear yourself to a bunch of people who have spent the last 2 months £700 down with nothing to show for it.

I can understand why you lot are upset about the situation, but what can be done? You can not be supplied with something that isn't available. You are free to cancel your order and get a refund.

Why is it that posters here want a daily update stating sorry no news? When there is news I am sure you will get an update.

Associate
3pm my 3090 arrives! Gave up on the 3080. Still on pro order however. il just sell it. I got a 3090 at a great price from scanning competitors. But its out of stock already i paid 1.4k. Here at OC it is 1.7k ... ouuuccch.

Associate
im 2nd in line for a non OC Trinity, havent budged in 3-4 weeks. only stock ive seen come in are 15 since launch (that have been mentioned in the incoming stock thread)

Oh man thats naff! I went for the oc version based on how much previous stock had come in ... but this now gives me no hope of having mine any time soon.
If inhavent moved on the update tomorrow I'm going to cancel and get the 3070 FE someones selling down the road. Not what I want but I also don't want to wait

Associate
I can understand why you lot are upset about the situation, but what can be done? You can not be supplied with something that isn't available. You are free to cancel your order and get a refund.

Why is it that posters here want a daily update stating sorry no news? When there is news I am sure you will get an update.

What can be done is as consumers we continue to apply pressure to the retailer who are the only ones who can adequately express that pressure to those responsible for this fiasco.

I do not care one iota that this is not the fault of OCUK, they are the people I made my order with, so they get it in the neck. Don’t like it? Don’t be in retail.

As for the continued and persistent twaddle that we should just cancel and get a refund, this completely ignores the fact that we made an order with a retailer in good faith, and it is not unreasonable for us to expect it to be fulfilled. Cancelling the order let’s them off the hook.

I refuse to do that. I am on the side of my fellow consumers, if moan is what we must do then so be it.

If you find the complaining grating, might I suggest you exercise a little restraint and simply don’t click on the thread that you know full well is full of it.

Associate
What can be done is as consumers we continue to apply pressure to the retailer who are the only ones who can adequately express that pressure to those responsible for this fiasco.

I do not care one iota that this is not the fault of OCUK, they are the people I made my order with, so they get it in the neck. Don’t like it? Don’t be in retail.

As for the continued and persistent twaddle that we should just cancel and get a refund, this completely ignores the fact that we made an order with a retailer in good faith, and it is not unreasonable for us to expect it to be fulfilled. Cancelling the order let’s them off the hook.

I refuse to do that. I am on the side of my fellow consumers, if moan is what we must do then so be it.

If you find the complaining grating, might I suggest you exercise a little restraint and simply don’t click on the thread that you know full well is full of it.

I have never understood why people go into threads only to complain, oh the irony, about people complaining. We have every right to be annoyed with the current 3080 fiasco and should be able to reasonably voice our complaints.

Associate
Oh man thats naff! I went for the oc version based on how much previous stock had come in ... but this now gives me no hope of having mine any time soon.
If inhavent moved on the update tomorrow I'm going to cancel and get the 3070 FE someones selling down the road. Not what I want but I also don't want to wait

not good! if we knew how many pre/outstanding orders were for other cards it would help us decide if to join another que/jump ship! i managed to bag a PS5 so thats some comfor ha.

Associate
Are we any closer to knowing what is meant by "incoming" on the ASUS shipment? Would be nice if we had a bit of clarification.

Incoming tomorrow? In 2 weeks? For 2021? :confused:

Associate
Associate
If the numbers Gibbo mentioned in the AMD thread are anything to go by, then OCUK are not going to able to settle even half the sales before the items become available at competitors...not even close. So far it looks like our transparent competitor will clear their queue completely before OC clear the first hour of theirs. At that moment, and every time another retailer in the UK has a bunch of 3080's for sale, people here will cancel.

Surely they know that?

Now, as they are almost completely ignoring 3080 buyers and they're treating us like we're an inconvenience, wouldn't being loosely transparent about lead times just get all these inevitable cancelations out of the way sooner, and reduce the heat they're taking?

They don't want us here, their fanboys don't want us here, and we don't want to be here... so why stay quiet about the situation if the reason is that they fear mass cancellations - because mass cancellations are likely to happen one way or the other. The only way it won't happen would be if people still felt they had a chance to get their card on a reasonable time frame - but that's not going to happen either.

TO OCUK.. Make a statement to all customers who are outside of expected delivery in December. Be fully honest about the situation so they can make a decision about what is the best thing to do with their money. You will salvage some rep, reduce the queue, reduce the criticism and reduce the pressure.

Soldato
It's been a while since Gibbo posted any Strix updates. That large Asus delivery due has no 3080 Strix. So much for that press release promising increased stock.

Back
Top Bottom