• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
They are being told they get 50, then only 30 arrive a week late. Not sure what you're expecting. The real update is it's here when it's here, but you don't want to hear that.

The real update is that they are here, in other places. Hundreds of cards coming in of the model I'm waiting on are shipping elsewhere right now.
3 weeks without an MSI update.

Associate
I noticed something on a certain catalogue site beginning with V. Under a 3080 gaming X they had listed there is a review (still shows up in google search on about p5). The review suggests the delivery was from OCUK, and the reviewer thanks Gibbo. Mind you as far as I can tell that site hasn't had any more cards for sale since then. But it seems they sometimes direct sell though other websites.
They do sub out I ordered some components from Indians online shop and they were dispatched form OCUK with OCUK invoice and haribo

Associate
They are being told they get 50, then only 30 arrive a week late. Not sure what you're expecting. The real update is it's here when it's here, but you don't want to hear that.
This. They're between a rock and a hard place really. If they give specifics, and inevitably get let down, people will be annoyed. If they keep things vague, people will be annoyed. I blame Nvidia for botching their launch more than anything.

Associate
This must be Stockholm syndrome.

if they expect 50 and less than 25 arrive, fine, no problem, we understand there’s a global shortage.

JUST TELL US THAT’S WHAT’S HAPPENED!

It’s called ‘good communication’. It’s a child of ‘the truth’, and a parent of ‘expectations’.

Associate
This. They're between a rock and a hard place really. If they give specifics, and inevitably get let down, people will be annoyed. If they keep things vague, people will be annoyed. I blame Nvidia for botching their launch more than anything.

People not annoyed if given actual numbers even if some delays happen at least we know, all the vagueness enables is poor communication and easily mislaid stock to other purposes.

Associate
I don’t think people will be as angry if they communicated properly ie 50 units due next week. Then if only 30 arrives all they have to do is post 30 of the 50 cards have arrived we are despatching them now we will keep you updated!
It would literally take @Gibbo 2 minutes to post the update in the thread

Associate
I don’t think people will be as angry if they communicated properly ie 50 units due next week. Then if only 30 arrives all they have to do is post 30 of the 50 cards have arrived we are despatching them now we will keep you updated!
Too busy spending our money!

Associate
I will say I got neither Haribo nor an RTX code. Someone I know who got a card recently was sent GeForce Now and COD Black Ops, is OC just not providing any?

Associate
We know exactly what is going on.

Those first 300pc got delayed by AMD, they have been delayed again and are coming from a master distributor, why the date keeps slipping is unknown.

These 200pc are from another master disti and have shipped from that warehouse today and will arrive in our warehouse tomorrow and have a scheduled booking in slot next week which warehouse will pull forward if they can.

So far we have already had 199 units arrive and get shipped out, this includes launch volume.

Right now we have 1066 orders outstanding to ship with 200 due next week, were still owed the 300 which the dates keep slipping on and 85 units are still due to arrive this week / next week on grey product.

As such based on the 200 + 85 we know have shipped that will mean we have shipped just shy of 500 units to our customers, probably better than any competitor can say, when those 300 owed land, that will be near 800. :)

If shipments slip or get delayed that is totally out of our control, both ourselves and the distributors are at the mercy of AMD.

As I've said previously, @Gibbo is more than happy to post numbers in other threads for other products.

If it is the distributor's fault and not OC's, numbers would go a long way to prove that. The vagueness of of the very small/small/large/whatever statements we infrequently get just give OC more wiggle room to quietly slip units into prebuilts.

I thought in the beginning @Gibbo said he couldn't give numbers due to an NDA or something along those lines, surely that is up by now. If that's the case, then there is no excuse for not providing numbers.

Associate
You might be ok with that, but a lot of people don't think the same way. Person X sees they're 50th in the queue, and Gibbo says 51 units expected in next week. He can qualify that all he likes, but Person X still books time off work/orders other stuff to finish his build/just gets excited. Then next week rolls around and only 49 cards arrived. When you have this problem multiplied over every shipment of every card every week, it's going to **** a lot of people off and create headaches for CS.

Not saying that being vague is any better really, but they've been put in an impossible position.

Back
Top Bottom