• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Not sure how much clearer Scotti could be on that point, retail boxed product is 100% going into pre-builds because that is what the manufacturers are supplying to the SI channel.

... but that is product that was allocated as SI stock and where he has received a surplus of SI stock he has been releasing it to the retail channel to help with the queues.

I suspect that a lot of the confusion relating to comments from manufacturing reps here has been them not distinguishing between retail and SI channel when commenting on expected deliveries to OCUK.

When will people understand that said explanation is not an explanation at all. You can have 10 different channels, one for pre-builds(SI), one for xmas, one for students and another one for funsies, not even one card should be used for those until ALL pre-orders are fulfilled. Once again, ALL stock OCUK receives is ALREADY SOLD AND PAID FOR.

Last edited:
Associate
People acting like it’s the end of the world or something and “not getting any updates” when in fact it’s a premium high end graphics card in short supply and there are weekly updates in the other thread.

Some people need to get a grip..

wow you need to get of your horse mate , yes it is a graphics card for some not all it might have took a long time to save.

"not getting any updates" if your happy with a company being so laxy daisy in reference to customer service then that's fine most if not all expect better , it doesn't take much to engage with your customers.

If said company does not realize this then they shouldn't be in business ... there's no excuse.

This is a situation created by overclockers by simply not engaging with there customers.

Associate
Anyone give me some inside to cancelling your preorder? i submitted a cancellation on the 3rd but was curious when i would expect a response or how long the refund process actually takes? Thanks.

Associate
Anyone give me some inside to cancelling your preorder? i submitted a cancellation on the 3rd but was curious when i would expect a response or how long the refund process actually takes? Thanks.
You'll probably recieve it after the weekend I would imagine mate . Oc want your money in the bank but they atleased ok at doing that

Associate
You'll probably recieve it after the weekend I would imagine mate . Oc want your money in the bank but they atleased ok at doing that

Appreciate the response, just bored of the waiting game for a product we all should have really.. i managed to snag a 3090FE that will arrive next week wont feel so bad after the refund.

Associate

I cancelled my pre-order last night and got my refund this morning. Was surprised by how quick it was. I paid via paypal though so maybe that makes a difference to how quick things are.

Associate
KKvMcqc
finally woo

http://imgur.com/gallery/KKvMcqc
Hey man. What position were you?

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
No he made that clear . What makes me think cards are going into pre builds or out the back door Is the ok amounts turning to 20 ect . That still has not been cleared up I don't imagine it will be. I also find it hard to believe that a company don't know how many cards they are getting until the crates are open .
Just a few facts, I hope it gives you a bit more insight.

Some deliveries come direct from the manufacturer, air freight from the far east or from the manufacturer's distribution hub (usually in the Netherlands). This stock is shared out (allocated) at this stage by the manufacturer and they communicate that to us at that time...it's usually about a week then before it arrives.

Some deliveries come through the distributors (Asus always this way). They'll send all of the UK's stock to their distributors and then tell the distributors who to sell it to, at which time the distributor communicates that to us....it's usually then arrives at our door next day...so you can see how little notice we'd have in this situation.

Right now, thanks to the pile up of issues at customs, transportation delays and admittedly, delays within our goods in department, accurate ETAs are very hard to give, even for stock that is sat at a local distributor. For example, I know that a MSI delivery was schedule to land at Manchester airport on Monday but it still hadn't arrived at the distributors when I checked yesterday. I won't know exactly what we are getting until the distributors have received and inspected their delivery and cross checked that with the allocations from the MSI product manager.

With regards the disappointing "ramp up". We can only communicate what we were told, we weren't ever given specifics about how many cards would be available. Nvidia communicated that GPU supply would ramp up significantly but I also believe that Nvidia yesterday(?) also communicated that GPU & memory supply wasn't the problem(?) So, the fact that supply hasn't picked up as much as we assumed is unfortunate and frustrating, (and yes, I admit we made an assumption based on the verbal communication and we've been left red-faced because of it) but there's no sinister hidden story. My best guess is that certain components shortages are to blame (similar to the capacitor shortage earlier in the year) but manufacturers are tight lipped.

Associate
People acting like it’s the end of the world or something and “not getting any updates” when in fact it’s a premium high end graphics card in short supply and there are weekly updates in the other thread.

Some people need to get a grip..
weekly updates for a random card, for some people it's only been one update since the 17th of September.

Associate
Just a few facts, I hope it gives you a bit more insight.

Some deliveries come direct from the manufacturer, air freight from the far east or from the manufacturer's distribution hub (usually in the Netherlands). This stock is shared out (allocated) at this stage by the manufacturer and they communicate that to us at that time...it's usually about a week then before it arrives.

Some deliveries come through the distributors (Asus always this way). They'll send all of the UK's stock to their distributors and then tell the distributors who to sell it to, at which time the distributor communicates that to us....it's usually then arrives at our door next day...so you can see how little notice we'd have in this situation.

Right now, thanks to the pile up of issues at customs, transportation delays and admittedly, delays within our goods in department, accurate ETAs are very hard to give, even for stock that is sat at a local distributor. For example, I know that a MSI delivery was schedule to land at Manchester airport on Monday but it still hadn't arrived at the distributors when I checked yesterday. I won't know exactly what we are getting until the distributors have received and inspected their delivery and cross checked that with the allocations from the MSI product manager.

With regards the disappointing "ramp up". We can only communicate what we were told, we weren't ever given specifics about how many cards would be available. Nvidia communicated that GPU supply would ramp up significantly but I also believe that Nvidia yesterday(?) also communicated that GPU & memory supply wasn't the problem(?) So, the fact that supply hasn't picked up as much as we assumed is unfortunate and frustrating, (and yes, I admit we made an assumption based on the verbal communication and we've been left red-faced because of it) but there's no sinister hidden story. My best guess is that certain components shortages are to blame (similar to the capacitor shortage earlier in the year) but manufacturers are tight lipped.
Thank you for the update we don’t mind waiting for our card (obviously prefer not too) as long as we know what’s going on. We have had little to no information in the past. And when we had asked questions and there go unanswered. A prefect example is we have been trying to find out what is happening with the game codes for 2 hole months! And you answered it with ease yesterday they way it should have been handled 2 months ago by Gibbo.

Permabanned
Well competitor estimates delivery in jan 2021. Does it mean that any deliveries before Christams are bot guaranteed anymore? Competitor is the biggest retailer in the world so they must know more than we do.

Associate
Well competitor estimates delivery in jan 2021. Does it mean that any deliveries before Christams are bot guaranteed anymore? Competitor is the biggest retailer in the world so they must know more than we do.
they dont all use the same distributors mate so there still could be from OCUK

Back
Top Bottom