• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
At least you can play games. I'm here waiting with my AMD Athlon II 4X 860K, AMD Radeon R7 370 and only 8GBs of RAM. I have a whole build ready to go (3900X, 16GB RAM, X570 and so on) I just need to find a GPU, they really are no where to be seen.

I feel you mate, had my 10900k build all ready to go since september, just missing my 3080 :(((

Associate
With the lack of Strix 3080 OC's and being 996th in the queue I'm likely going to try my luck with any on general sale. Being picky I'd like the new look and build of the 3080 Strix but at this point I'd rather have something else in the meantime rather than wait how many ever months to get Asus sorted with their backorders. With all the recent updates from Scott and now Gibbo I'll be holding onto my pre-order and just allocate some funds to test my luck. If anyone has any good stock alert sites or tips id appreciate the info. Got all my build ready and even my 5800x so just need the GPU to finish it off.

Again thanks to all the team for all the hard work in this time and hope you're keeping well Gibbo with everything happening for you. Good luck with your orders people. Will keep around for a read.

Associate
Utter madness paying £950 for a £700, people must have money to burn seriously.
Value is whatever you are willing to pay for something. It's clear the MSRP's were utter ******** and a marketing ploy, which worked, add in queues stretching well into Q1 2021 and suddenly the balance of an extra £100-£150 to have one now is acceptable to those with the means, I did.

Associate
Value is whatever you are willing to pay for something. It's clear the MSRP's were utter ******** and a marketing ploy, which worked, add in queues stretching well into Q1 2021 and suddenly the balance of an extra £100-£150 to have one now is acceptable to those with the means, I did.

Acceptable for those with the means?...lol, the iphone argument - if you don't have one you must be poor.

Associate
Acceptable for those with the means?...lol, the iphone argument - if you don't have one you must be poor.

That is a stupid argument, I could afford a whole bunch of I Phones, I pads etc, never had one or even bothered about Apple crap, overpriced stuff.
I phone is more a fashion accessory than anything else.

Associate
That is a stupid argument, I could afford a whole bunch of I Phones, I pads etc, never had one or even bothered about Apple crap, overpriced stuff.
Exactly what I mean. Just because people don't find the price gouging acceptable does not mean they don't have the means.

Associate
Coming from someone who had always had samsung phones then when the iPhone 7 came out I thought id give it a go and see what it was about.

Boyyyyyy did I hate that thing. I was so glad EE gave me a grace period where I could return it because I couldnt have coped. Went back to Samsung and havent gone back since.

Associate
Just picked up my collectors edition of Cyberpunk 2077 - I don't really want to play it on my GTX980. The minimum specs say it will run, but it will not be good. 750 in the TUF non OC queue, waiting and waiting. I can afford higher prices, even a 3090 which are relatively easy to get hold of (except for ASUS variants of course), but refuse to for many reasons. Let's see how long I can hold out.

Associate
Hurrahhh was 7 in the Q for a 3080 Eagle and have just received shipping information! boom. first PC build and this was all i was waiting for to fire up my Valve Index. xmas came early.

Associate
Ordered a 3080 EVGA XC3 ULTRA from a competitor. Invoice received, arrival date is Tuesday, had to be done over the phone because EIRE. Sent in my cancellation for the 3080 ASUS Strix OC, would have preferred that but the price difference between refund and EVGA made it acceptable. Selling my 5700xt the week my card arrives, which brings me back a bit.

Thanks everyone for your time! @ASUS GPU Support I've been buying hardware from your company for years but the lack of clarification, even after reaching out to the company directly, has been immensely disappointing as to even why there has been a delay. I will most certainly reconsider buying from again and go to one of the competitors in the future.

Cheers all and Merry Christmas!

Associate
At least you can play games. I'm here waiting with my AMD Athlon II 4X 860K, AMD Radeon R7 370 and only 8GBs of RAM. I have a whole build ready to go (3900X, 16GB RAM, X570 and so on) I just need to find a GPU, they really are no where to be seen.

There is a gap in the market for GPU rental services. £20/week from radio rentals? :)

Associate
and where did I state that anyone was poor? Surely if you have the money and are willing to spend it then it implies you have the means to do so, there is nothing condescending in that statement. If you are spending the mortgage payment on a card and adding another £150 to get one now then you simply don't have the means to do so. I'm not wealthy, not even close but I had the money available to buy a 3080 at an inflated price and then get a refund on my MSI trio 227 in the queue order - rightly or wrongly, and I haven't gone without petrol or food or any other necessity ergo, I have the means.

Associate

Apple does have another market. My Mum. Since we converted her to Ipad and iphone her calls for help have reduced by far. It's a walled garden environment which is hard to break and provides limited configuration capabiliy. Honestly they are good for the easily-confused and/or the technically challenged.

Love you, Mum!

Back
Top Bottom