• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I was queue position 20 last Friday and just got a shipping email for my Gigabyte Eagle. I was 129th in the first queue email, and ordered at 14:31 on launch day.

What a shambles. Glad to be out of here - provided the damn thing works!

Associate
Ordered a 3080 EVGA XC3 ULTRA from a competitor. Invoice received, arrival date is Tuesday, had to be done over the phone because EIRE. Sent in my cancellation for the 3080 ASUS Strix OC, would have preferred that but the price difference between refund and EVGA made it acceptable. Selling my 5700xt the week my card arrives, which brings me back a bit.

Thanks everyone for your time! @ASUS GPU Support I've been buying hardware from your company for years but the lack of clarification, even after reaching out to the company directly, has been immensely disappointing as to even why there has been a delay. I will most certainly reconsider buying from again and go to one of the competitors in the future.

Cheers all and Merry Christmas!

Grabbed the same card from the same competitor at lunchtime I think. (edit actually its the FTW3 Ultra I got) Arrival tomorrow. Weird feeling now of immense relief mixed with excitement but also buyers remorse since it was more than I was wanting to pay. Total beast of a card though. I'm kind of justifying the price on the grounds that prices aren't going anywhere but North next year so any card at current prices will seem like a bargain in a few months.

I don't hold any grudge or ill will towards OC'ers at all. The whole situation right from Nvidia downwards has been and still is a nightmare but at the end of the day all anger should be directed towards Nvidia. There's clearly a lot of factors at play though.

Anyway like I said no bad feelings towards OC'er and in fact I'm about to order a new 750W PSU I need from here. Plus I might even grab a nice new case too and do a complete rebuild.

Last edited:
Associate
I was queue position 20 last Friday and just got a shipping email for my Gigabyte Eagle. I was 129th in the first queue email, and ordered at 14:31 on launch day.

What a shambles. Glad to be out of here - provided the damn thing works!
Congrats! Glad to see another 20 or so going out.
Should put me around 30...

Associate
Grabbed the same card from the same competitor at lunchtime I think. (edit actually its the FTW3 Ultra I got)
Arrival tomorrow. Weird feeling now of immense relief mixed with excitement but also buyers remorse since it was more than I was wanting to pay. Total beast of a card though. I'm kind of justifying the price on the grounds that prices aren't going anywhere but North next year so any card at current prices will seem like a bargain in a few months.

I don't hold any grudge or ill will towards OC'ers at all. The whole situation right from Nvidia downwards has been and still is a nightmare but at the end of the day all anger should be directed towards Nvidia. There's clearly a lot of factors at play though.

Anyway like I said no bad feelings towards OC'er and in fact I'm about to order a new 750W PSU I need from here. Plus I might even grab a nice new case too and do a complete rebuild.

Agreed, I feel the same way as yourself. After @Gibbo and @ScottiB clarified things I completely get OCUK's position now as well. I lay the blame on ASUS for lack of clarification as to what the delays are and to temper expectations.

In terms of price, it was below what I was willing to spend but still not entirely thrilled. I would've preferred the Strix model but in terms of performance they're all similar enough anyway. What I'll do is bump the fan curve up a bit to keep temps down and to help with the automatic boosting and then call it.

I have a 3700x processor and tons of RAM. I want the 5900x processor but I'll happily wait as I have loads of Amazon vouchers I want to cash in for that, so I'm waiting patiently.

Associate
See how this thread has now changed. I've just read that stock update thread for first time in a while. Literally there's the number of each brand and sku listed. that is all it took to make people less hostile towards the whole situation. If you're transparent on what's coming when and how much, there isn't anything more you can offer your customers to make them happy at that point. shame it took so long to come to that but I'm very glad to see it

Associate
EDIT: Forgot to say this was for cyberpunk last night.
We figured

So it lived up to the hype for you?
Anyone hear anything about the Asus TUFs that were expected this week? Like did 19 arrive and have any been shipped yet?

Thanks.
No updates. They should have arrived by the end of today at the latest, but it may take several days for staff to get around to the pallet that contains them, and then put them into the stock system, before they join the dispatch queue, because of the Christmas rush. If all goes well, we should receive them next week or the week after.

Associate
Agreed, I feel the same way as yourself. After @Gibbo and @ScottiB clarified things I completely get OCUK's position now as well. I lay the blame on ASUS for lack of clarification as to what the delays are and to temper expectations.

In terms of price, it was below what I was willing to spend but still not entirely thrilled. I would've preferred the Strix model but in terms of performance they're all similar enough anyway. What I'll do is bump the fan curve up a bit to keep temps down and to help with the automatic boosting and then call it.

I have a 3700x processor and tons of RAM. I want the 5900x processor but I'll happily wait as I have loads of Amazon vouchers I want to cash in for that, so I'm waiting patiently.

I got a GTX 1080 i7 6700 PC 3 years ago so the 3080 will be the first of many upgrades going into next year, including a new processor and motherboard. I play Flight sim 2020 a lot so the 3080 will make a huge difference over my old 1080. I've got a 4K monitor and I'm a bit of a sucker for 4K gaming so it'll be nice to be able to do that properly now. If I wasn't so sold on the full 4K experience I would have just bought a 3070, or probably more likely a 3060ti.

Associate
I just received my email for the 3080 Vision being shipped! Arriving tomorrow! I was position 20.
The hype is real! Now to build my first computer ever, fingers crossed it all goes well!

First PC build can be stressful, take your time and look up anything you're unsure of and you should be fine. Best of luck.

Back
Top Bottom